No problems at check-in and the room we had was a double suite which was very large with a mini-fridge and microwave and separate bed room. The room we had was recently remodled. The hotel is in an office and hotel parkway just off the Washington beltway. Our GPS had a bit of trouble finding it. It was about 3 miles from the University of Maryland. The neighborhood around the hotel was very safe and rural and even had a large park about a block away from the hotel. Many restaurant choices were in the area as well. Accurate billing arrived prior to 6AM under the door and no real issues with the room since the room was very new and remodled. If you receive a newly remodled room, you can't go wrong for a very quiet night of sleep. Lobby was remodled and more modern, but other areas of the hotel were very old with some very worn carpets...hotel management is working on updating.
Downsides: 1. Old fashioned Courtyard design of rectangle of rooms hampers updating the hotel. 2. Some areas of the hotel were under construction while other areas were still quite old and worn. 3. Pool was adequate size, but had horrible, limited hours (too many hotels in DC area have awful pool hours due to the local requirements that a life guard be on site...this pool didn't open until 10 AM).
4. Workout room was very small, had no towels, poor selection of equipment...maybe 3 pieces total with free weights.
5. Similar to all other Courtyards, breakfast is not included with standard rooms and had both menu or small buffet. The hotel has gone to this cafe type breakfast and food area so that a light lunch or dinner could be served and had a small bar. I don't like Courtyard's extra fees for breakfast, but it is the same everywhere. Nothing special on their buffet.
6. Had 2 public computers in the open areas of the lobby, but had no printers attached to them so no real business center. You could print your boarding passes at a dedicated computer terminal and printer, but no up to standards for a real business center.
7. Updated room did not have a wall thermostat...had an old fashioned wall unit air conditioner and heater which was old and clunky. A $120+ average night hotel room should have a better heating and air conditioning unit.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Greenbelt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Greenbelt Hotel Greenbelt
- Courtyard Greenbelt
- Greenbelt Courtyard
- Greenbelt Marriott