“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
New Hampshire
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Business travel. Convenient location for my office. Nice hotel, reorganized and updated since my last visit. Aster, Africa, Joshua, and the staff are always welcoming, friendly, and helpful. They always make one feel right at home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Princeton, NJ, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Pros: Updated with excellent dining staff and chefs.

Cons: There was a burning smell of plastic in the lobby that suggested an electrical fire. Power went out on 4th and 6th floor of hotel. Fire panel in foyer showed fire pump fault. Management was very vague about what was going on. It seemed like they did not know. Later, there was another unrelated incident in the kitchen that set the fire alarms off.
Why wasn't the Fire Dept. on site to assist in diagnosing problem. Guests were sitting in the lobby with their coats on ready to run but had no guidance. We left and were welcomed at the Hampton Inn in College Park. Excellent transition and staff over there.

Room Tip: Average ratings are due to fire alert communication. Breakfast needs to start at 6:00, like the H...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Oldsmar, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stay at this hotel for several nights on a quarterly basis and I always grab breakfast at the hotel. They have the best dining staff of anywhere I've ever stayed - hands down. They're friendly, courteous, and efficient and always willing to accommodate myneeds. The food is good and they always have a great selection and wide variety of items available. I am especially impressed by the warmth and personal service I receive from Africa - she is truly dedicated to deliverying exceptional customer service.

Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The hotel sits in a business park so the immediate area is fine but the closest shopping/dining area to the west (Beltway Plaza) is a little run down and I wasn't comfortable going there after dark. Drive a few extra minutes to the east towards Greenway and it's a little bit nicer. The rooms were average, a few stains on the walls but otherwise they were ok, no bugs. I probably wouldn't stay here again, there are better options a 10-15 minutes away.

Livingston, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My daughter is a student at the University of Maryland and I came to visit her . I stayed for a number of days and marvelled at the excellent service and friendly staff. I want to highly commend the Dining Staff which is run by Chef Jonathan. Jonathan is professional, food was excellent and I felt like I hired by own personal chef. Jonathan even delivers the food so beautifully prepareed to your room. Jonathan had an excellent chef, Ms.S, also known as Justeen Banawbanay, along with my outstanding server, Joseph . During the day, I want to commend Aftica and Carol for their excellent breakfast service and big smiles. The front desk was pleasant and very helpful. I found the entire staff at the Hotel to be very friendly and welcoming. My room was very clean and comfortable. I truly appreciated the free Shuttle Service to the train. I will be returning again. I highly recommend this Hilton Garden Inn because of its excellent staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The staff at the desk who greeted me were very warm and friendly . Room was clean and spacious. The breakfast was great, not the usual fare that's offered at most hotels. The hotels location was very convenient to local attractions. Who could ask for more than that.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Couldn't find a hotel in DC for the inaugural events and was pleasantly surprised to walk into this Hilton property - it was light, bright, and the staff was very courteous and welcoming. There's a shuttle that takes you to the metro and I was in the heart of DC within 20 minutes. Joseph was kind enough to wait for me at the metro station after the last of the trains had left. This meant a lot to me as a single woman traveling alone. Special thanks to Africa (serving staff) who had my tea waiting for me every time I came down for breakfast. I felt so warmed and welcomed coming into the lounge area. She made me feel as if was the only guest at the hotel. She knew my name, what I liked to eat, etc ..... What a WOW feeling this hotel conveyed to me!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt? Share your experiences!