“Mediocre” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Greenbelt
Plant City, Florida, United States
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The facilities seem to be maintained as well as any other Hilton I've stayed at. The server staff seems eager to please especially the ones in the morning...I believe their names this morning (1/12/13) were Stacy and Africa, they did a good job. The front desk is mediocre. They seem inexperienced and only do enough to get by in my opinion. The biggest problem I've noticed with this particular hotel has been the quality of the food. The portions coming out of the kitchen are HUGE but lack quality. The other night I had a prime rib for around $21. A $2 cheeseburger from McD's would've been better. I also had fish and chips one night but I'm done with eating dinner here now. I'm actually staying here with 3 other co-workers and we're all done eating here. We're staying here for 12 nights and were done eating here after meal #2. The bottom line is the menu is over priced for the quality coming out of the kitchen. I think this hotel has the capability to generate significant revenue from the kitchen, given the lack of decent restaurants in the immediate proximity.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

283 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Africa and Stacey have been excellent and exceptional. They made me and my teams stay feel like home. I travel 90% of the year and I wish I had staff like them everywhere I stay. Please find more like them in every Hilton for they surely make all of us travelers feel like we're home.

• Stayed January 2013
South Coventry, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Greenbelt on many occasions and have always been extremely happy with the level of service I've received. The staff is always very courteous and professional and the hotel itself is always well kept and welcoming. I would also like to recognize one member of the staff who went above and beyond the call of duty on my most recent visit. Ashlee W. was incredibly helpful in assisting me in rescheduling my stay. She was patient and sympathetic as I explained the circumstances regarding my travel and demonstrated commitment to excellence in her profession. As a frequent business traveler, this type of service is extremely valuable to me and is paramount in my choice of hotels and will keep me coming back to the Hilton Garden Inn in Greenbelt. Thank you Ashlee and thank you Hilton Garden Inn Greenbelt.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

The service in the dining room was superb ! The food was excellent,prepared by Chef Willie.The two servers Africa and Stacey showed me so much attention.I felt like I was at home.
GREAT JOB !The front desk staff was very gracious!the bartenders were very familiar with the area,cause I wanted to go dancing and they gave me two excellent night clubs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Our church hosted a dinner/dance here. First off the room was set up very nice. We had a plated dinner that was really good thanks to chef Jonathan. The service by Eric and Terry was superb! They both took care of all the guests in an amazing way! I would definitely host another event there-most wonderful!

• Stayed December 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I spent a couple of days at the Hilton in Greenbelt and had a wonderful experience, the location is perfect. There are many attractions close by with DC and Baltimore being a short drive away. I travel often and probably stay in hotels more than I do at home. The people at this location are great, i had the pleasure of meeting two wonderful young ladies at breakfast, Africa and Terry. The entire staff is the best, they are warm and exceptional in every thing that they do. I will definitely be back mostly because of these two wonderful people and their team mates. Five stars location in my book!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Perkasie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The service in the dining room was excellent. Stacey and Africa waited on us and brought us everything we needed. Their attention to our individual needs was a welcome addition and they certainly made us feel special.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt? Share your experiences!