“Blessed” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 52 Restaurants in Greenbelt
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Greenbelt, Maryland
“Blessed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

My daughter graduated from Bowie High School on June 2nd. Knowing that 80 percent of her graduating class would be eating out afterwards we wanted to avoid the Red Lobsters and the Friday's...so we called Sir Walter Raleigh Inn. At that moment God blessed me. The restaurant was close to the Comcast Center and I know they have great food. I received the personal attention of the owner, Jerry!! He allowed me to reserve the "back room" where me and my guest had a great after party. He allowed us to decorate prior to the party and get this...THERE WAS NO CHARGE FOR THE ROOM!!! Who does that??? When we got there, we were served right away. As always the food was delicious, the service was great and the drinks were perfect!!! I love this restaurant and I hope that more people will remember that they are only a phone call away. I'm sure that you will receive the same great service I received. My teenagers even loved it..now that's really saying something!!! Go to Sir Walter Raleight for you next event. I would recommend it for private parteis, anniversary celebrations, baby showers, bridal showers...whatever the occasion...you can't go wrong. Thank you Jerry for being wonderful.

Tracy Price & Family

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Bad Foods and High Prices”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

My wife and I were visiting DC and we stopped to Sir Walter Raleigh to have dinner. I order Prime Rib and my wife order crab cake. We had some salad from the salad bar that was very modest. I had to wait more than 30 minutes to have my dinner served. When I finally received my Prime Rib, it was swimming on the meat juice. The meat was raw, stringy, tough and tasteless. My wife had the smallest crab cake that I never seen. The cake probably was coming out straight from a box.
I didn't order any drink (we had plain water) and we paid $80 for such terrible meal.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
College Park, Maryland
“Sir Walter Raleigh - still good food and ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

This was another winter visit to Sir Walter Raleigh restaurant. I found it warm and cozy seated near the fireplace and it's certainly close to home (I live in Greenbelt, Maryland). The prime rib was delicious. Yes, their breads are out of this world good. I enjoyed their fresh salad bar selections and yummy soups. Our service was excellent. I'm happy to support a locally-owned and operated restaurant which stands alone against so many fast-food restaurants along Greenbelt Road. I have to agree with the other reviewers, the decor is a bit tired - but reminiscent of Colonial Williamsburg. I think with all the other pluses, they can be forgiven this one flaw. The owners are so gracious - greeting diners with genuine warmth. I've been coming here since my college days (late -1960s). I still love this place!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bethesda, Maryland
“Cozy and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

This is a well hidden gem. There is no fine dining in Greenbelt, MD- except for Sir Walter Raleigh. This place has wonderful food and the ambience (with fireplaces) is cozy. It's great for a private room rehearsal dinner or for a retirement party or team event too. My dad LOVED the prime rib. I am a fan of the Hawaiian chicken. The owner is one of the nicest people you could ever have a chat with.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Severn, Maryland
“Big disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

The salad bar had brown lettuce and my steak was so tough I could hardly cut it even with the steak knife. Wine tasted very cheap. I was very disappointed overall. You had to flag down the waiter if you needed anything. I definitely was not impressed and will not be returning.