“clean but not quite quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Waynesboro, Virginia
“clean but not quite quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here while attending a swim meet at UMD. Great location, good service, very clean rooms. Breakfast was as advertised (nothing special but met the need). Only downsides were rather noisy hvac and clunky pipes all night. Also, the elliptical machine was partially broken, which was a safety issue. We would certainly stay here again though, overall a very positive experience.

Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Jeff L,
We are so glad that your overall experience with us was a positive one. Please, never hesitate to contact our front desk staff with any issues that you may have. We are here to help always and would have been more than happy to resolve any problems you had during your day. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Allen Davis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Elizabeth, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

During a recent stay at this hotel the Assistant General Manager, Mr. Bright, was phenomenal! When I arrived at your property, it was late and I was sick, just getting over the flu. Mr. Bright was working the evening shift/night audit alone. For some reason, it was a busy night. Guest checking in, phones ringing, etc and although he was multi-taking, he was one of the most pleasant Marriott employees I have met in a long time.

He was energetic, personable and a pleasure to speak with during my check in process. I could tell by our conversation how much he enjoyed working at this property. The next morning when I came down for breakfast he was still working and still just as pleasant.

Also, hotel renovations were property are beautiful. The rooms were vibrantly decorated and very cozy. The hallway and the breakfast areas were also very clean and well kept. Please keep up the great work! Kudos to Mr. Bright!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Nancy J,
This type of experience is exactly what we strive for all of our guests. We are so happy to hear that your stay, from checkin to check out, was delightful. Mr. Bright is our Assistant General Manager here at the Residence Inn by Marriott and is phenomenal with the guests during all stages of their stay, as are all of our employees. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We look forward to having you back here soon.
Chestertown, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is my third visit to this hotel and besides the unenthused front desk personel, I've haven't had any real conplaint until now. My sister and I stayed here this past weekend for one night due to a sick relative staying close to this location. We arrived around six, entered the room to find a ROACH running acrossed the front of the dish washer! For some reason the carpet felt damp to walk across and I found myself afraid to sleep once I knew there could be other "visitors" crawling around the room. So disappointed considering this is a Marriott and one I've visited a time or two before. Extreme noise for other guest was another concern. All around completely unhappy with this visit. Will not be returning....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Tosh34,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience during your recent stay. I can reassure you that we have the most aggressive pest control policies and standards in place. We will continue to be vigilant in our efforts to provide the best hotel stay for each of our guests. I do wish that during your stay you had voiced your dismay so that we could have addressed it during that time. We are always looking for ways to work towards being better at what we do and we definitely look to our guests experiences in order to make that happen.

I would love for you to contact me so that we may discuss your experience in further detail. I look forward to hearing from you and again thank you for sharing with us.
Holmdel, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed here for one night over the labor day weekend to visit the near by six flags theme park ( 15-20 minutes ). Overall, the hotel just average, here are the the Pros and Cons.

Pros:

Modern decor and appliances.

Room was spacious and regular bed was comfortable.

Free breakfast.

Life guard was station at the pool.

Cons:

Noisy highway (Route 201/kenilworth Ave), try to get a room that facing the office.

Outdoor pool is seasonal only.

Dining area/front desk is located in a separated building ( needs to wear a coat to get breakfast during winter and room key to regain entry )

Poor housekeeping ( a used soap and a bug were found by the bath tub ).

Sofa bed comfort level is for small kid only ( not for adult ).

Room Tip: Please read all the reviews that are from average to terrible.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Allen D, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Castle88,
I would like to start off by thanking you for your open and honest review and thoughts during your stay with us. We welcome all reviews positive and negative. Your review is important to us, thank you for sharing your experience.
Glendale, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

My apologies to Shakespeare but I think he would understand, if he had slept on the sofa beds in this place. More on that later. Traveling with family, we stayed at this Marriott property, mostly chosen for it's location. This is the first time I've ever stayed at a Residence Inn and if this one is stereotypical of all Residence Inns, it will probably be my last for a family trip. The lobby, the grounds, the amenities and most of the room is perfectly fine if not great. The lobby area was pleasant, clean and modern. Off the lobby there is a small room with computers and printers for use. The grounds, the pool area seemed very clean and well kept. Amenities included free breakfast with the usual offerings of breads, bagels, cereals and fresh waffles. There was even hot food consisting of egg product (scrambled eggs like), meat products (sausages, patties like) and potato product (hash brown like). Yogurt, juice, coffee and tea all available. This is all well and good. The room was clean, spacious and up to date with a flat screen tv, full size fridge and microwave. The bed, actually the only thing in the room I could call a bed, was big and comfy. Oh, you say there is a sofa bed in the room? Well, that is half true. Yes there is a sofa in the room but the sofa-as-bed, I have to strongly disagree. It was the worst excuse for a bed I have ever seen, and I've seen plenty of "beds" in the US, Europe and China. Metal springs covered by thin cloth. My daughter took to sleeping on the sofa part and struggled through. A scheduled five day stay quickly became a 2 day stay. When I brought this up with the manager, it fell on def ears. Unfortunately all the positives here cannot overcome the basic reason we stay at a hotel/motel: for a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: I would only stay here if you don't have to use the sofa "bed".
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear COnative1,
Your review of your experience is greatly appreciated. We look forward to providing a better experience for you and your family in the future. Thank you so very much for sharing your experience.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

first of all some of our articles were stolen, reported them to office and their attitude was we dont steal, most of our help are foreigh and they dont want to be deported, they took my hair spray and less than 24hrs. they took my husbands camera they treat us like we were nothing told me to go out and buy new spray and they would pay me but nothing about his camera, we are goverment employees and was there for veterans day and Washington,DC tour being new to city didnt know way around that good, and another things the power went off the morning our tour was scheduled and no one said anything about power, we dressed in dark, upon my return home i havent been able to talk to any one of arthority,

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
allen d, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review of your recent stay with our hotel. We always welcome the good as well as the bad as it better helps us to ensure our guests have the best stay possible. I will be contacting you to further discuss this matter
Thank you again for your stay and also for taking your time to share your experience.

Coventry, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We loved our stay at this hotel. The rooms were clean, noise proofed, and they had a great breakfast. We had a suiye and it was very spacious and it had all the comforts of home. We will be going back there when we travel back and forth to South Carolina.

Room Tip: Our room was 208 and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Janice N.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. The comfort and feel of home is exactly what we strive to provide for each of our guests. If that is how you felt, than we are glad to have done our job. Thank you for sharing your experience and we will look forward to seeing you again.

Allen Davis

Been to Residence Inn Greenbelt? Share your experiences!