“short stay in long stay hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Greenbelt
Certificate of Excellence 2014
aliquippa , Pa
“short stay in long stay hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Only room we could find near Univ of Maryland on short notice. Easy to find, well kept, clean and spacious. Only problem came when we turned the gas fireplace on and after 10 minutes the room smelled like gas and the fire alarm went off. Little unsettling that no one came to the room to check on us after the alarm went off. We turned the fireplace off and the alarm went off shortly thereafter. Called front desk the next morning, they seemed less that concerned. Otherwise a good, short stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
allen d, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear PaSoccer,

We greatly appreciate your review on your recent stay and for bringing this to my attention. I can assure you that the appropriate people have been called to check and inspect the room to insure that there are no safety issues. I am glad that the rest of your stay was without incident and overall it was enjoyable for you and your family. Your review is always important to us and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Best Regards,
Allen Davis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This hotel is like a home away from home. I moved from my current residence and my new place is not yet ready. I am very impressed with the room, staff, and management. Mr Davis has gone out of his way to make my stay comfortable and afordable. The fully equipped kitchen allows me to cook meals. I am actually cooking more now than I did at home. I love the layout of the room. I can relax and, with the high speed internet, I can do my computer work. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
allen d, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Carol W.,
Thank you for being our newest spokesperson. Mr. Marriott, give this guest a job!

But seriously... For all that we do, we do it for you and the countless others who are looking for quality service and genuine people who care about what matters most to you. It is true what the ads say.... It's not just a hotel, it's a Residence.

On behalf of me and my dedicated staff, we thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you Carol.

Sleep Well,
Cherry Hill, NJ USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed here over parents weekend for University of MD. Great location and much nicer than what is available along Route 1 near the school. Late check-in worked fine. Friendly staff at front desk and a clean and comfortable room. They were out of extra blankets and pillows which was a small problem but given that we were checking in at 10:30pm it is somewhat understandable. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
allen d, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us over Parents Weekend at the University of MD. The University is a fantastic place of higher learning and we are always pleased to receive the visiting families of students throughout the year. We are one of the most attractive hotels in the area and we take great care in keeping our property updated with most of the comforts of home. I have taken note of your linen challenge, and we will be sure to keep a few extra items on hand at the front desk, should the need arise in the future. Thank you for your pleasant compliments and we hope you won't wait until the 2013 Parents Weekend to visit and be our guest once again, here at the Residence Inn Greenbelt.

Best Wishes,
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I needed an extended stay hotel but was not familiar with the area. Another hotel referred me to the Residence Inn on Golden Triangle Drive in Greenbelt. I am very happy I was directed to Residence Inn. When I stopped at the desk to inquire about rooms Keisha was VERY pleasant and accomodating, AND professional. The room was like being in a condo. To wash clothes in the laundry was affordable. Chad and Mr. George (along with others) doing the week cooked and the food is good. The manager Mr. Davis is approachable, professional and friendly. The cleaning staff is friendly. I did not like my room cleaned every day so I was left with a stack of towels which was great. It is in a great location. Close to 295, grocery stores, two malls and walking distance to a restaurant. It was a great experience and I was actually sad to leave. If I had one request it would be to enlarge the work out room and add more weights but as is it is not bad. I will definitely refer to the Residence Inn as a great place to stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear DL of Baltimore,
Thank you on behalf of Keisha, George, Chad, myself and our dedicated staff, for your kind words. We are all doing our best to provide you and our other wonderful guest with genuine quality service with a smile. Our goal is to enhance your experience while staying here at the Residence Inn Greenbelt and judging by your remarks, I believe we have. Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Sleep Well,
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

From the moment I walked into the room I was in awe. The floor plan, layout, etc., gave me he warm feeling like I was at home. The room was immaculate. The location of this hotel was another plus. The beautiful area, pleasant and friendly staff, and the safe feel my family and I experienced is something to worth "bragging" about. Residence Inn will now be my # 1 choice when going on a a vacation or just getting away for weekends. Also, having a full kitchen saved us a lot of $$$$ by not having to eat out.

Ps: Keep up the excellent hospitality.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
allen d, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Ron & Janine B.,
Thank you for several reasons but most of all for allowing us the opportunity to be your hotel of choice. I am pleased that the staff here is so very dedicated to providing quality hospitality service and reviews such as yours makes all their hard work worth wild. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and the rest of our TripAdvisor reviewers.

See you again soon!
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

First time in a Residence Inn. Really enjoyed the extra room! It was a studio, but with a full kitchen/living room area. Great proximity to UMD College Park campus. Housekeeping service was spotty. We were 3 people and were routinely left with only 2 clean towels. My husband went to the front desk every day to get more. They promised to let housekeeping know we needed more, but this went on for all 5 days of our stay. Also, disappointed that they didn't make up the room until late every day - 5:00!
Other than that, we enjoyed the pool, the free breakfasts and the location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
allen d, General Manager at Residence Inn Greenbelt, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. Please accept my apology for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Because we want your stay to always be a pleasant one, we will use your comments to enhance our service potential. Thank you once again and we look forward to a future opportunity to offer you quality service with a smile.
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We like to take an annual family summer trip to D.C. and we consistently stay at the Residence Inn Greenbelt where you get a lot of bang for your buck. Staying just outside the city saves us a bunch of money alone, but there are a lot of other reasons we choose this hotel over others:

1. Staff: The hotel manager, Mr. Davis, and his staff are helpful, friendly and willing to do "whatever it takes" to make your stay a good one. You can never beat good customer service.

2. Location: The Greenbelt Metro Station (Green Line) is less than a 5 minute drive from the hotel. There is ample parking (sometimes a rarity at Metro stations) and it's in a clean, safe, neighborhood where we feel good about leaving our car for up to 12 hours a day. We'll normally hop on the Metro, enjoy the 20min ride into the city and go about our day. We usually return late at night, but the station is always well lit, security is present, and the parking lot is also bright, open, and feels "safe". There are also several shopping plazas all within a 5 minute drive of the hotel that have everything you could possibly need.

3. Simple: This hotel is simple and serves its purpose; a nice, clean, quiet place to return to at the end of a busy day. The beds are comfortable, there is ample room in every kind of room (studio, 1 bdrm suite, or 2 bdrm suite), maid service is consistent. If you think ahead, fill one of those travel containers with some laundry soap from home and bring a roll of quarters with you; you can pack much less and do a load or two of laundry (located on the 2nd and 4th floors) during your stay.

4. Kitchen: Having a full kitchen saves us a TON of money. While the breakfasts served there are "ok", there wasn't always something for everyone. With a quick trip to Giant Supermarket just down the road, we are able to buy some simple groceries that allow us to keep some food in our room. $75 at Giant fed our family of 4 breakfast for 4 mornings, 4 nights worth of snacks, and drinks whenever we wanted. Compare that to feeding the family dinner at a local diner for $67.00 for ONE MEAL and you can't miss the advantages that come with having the kitchen. We even cooked a frozen pizza for dinner in the oven one night when we returned too late to go to a restaurant but too hungry to just head to bed! Perfection!

I'll end this with saying that we drive into the D.C. area and having either your own car or a rental would be best if you choose to stay in this hotel.

The Residence Inn Greenbelt is a GREAT place for families to stay while in the Washington, D.C. area.

Room Tip: There's a lot of families here, and while the rooms are well insulated, if you don't want to...