“Surprisingly Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Eden, New York
“Surprisingly Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

After initially reading the reviews for this motel I was worried about staying here but those worries were unfounded once we arrived. I cannot speak for all the rooms in the motel but I can speak for 8 of the rooms that my friends & I stayed in. They were clean & well appointed and look recently updated. None of us had ANY complaints. The bathrooms were modern, the beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. The maids were friendly and more than happy to help & offer information on the area. The location was unbeatable, right in the heart of the strip! I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

I planned by trip by the location and fell in love with the property. The staff was friendly and considerate. I often travel to Gatlinburg and I like to rotate where I stay. The value was very fair. It is a family owned hotel and its clear they care about their guests. You'll love the convenience just steps away from it all.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Gallatin, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

We just now returned from our trip at Smokyland in Gatlinburg, TN. We had a blast!! Staff is friendly. Beds sleep great. You have to stay in one of their balcony rooms that overlook the strip. (private balcony) We had a great view and enjoyed just watching all of the people. This is not a fancy hotel but clean and is in a great location. We were told the whole weekend that we had the best room on the strip. We enjoyed it so much we booked a room this fall before we even left.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

Yes it is in a very good location in the middle of Gatlinburg, that is the one good thing I can say about it. It is an older complex that is in serious need of updating, The rooms smell musty and damp. The beds are very uncomrfortable. The particular room we were in had a hole in the plaster under the heating unit. When the toilet started overflowing we called the office said they would send someone, 30 minutes later they had not. We checked out and requested a refund which they said would come by mail, still waiting on it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

Stayed just one night here. Liked the fact that it is dead center on Gatlinburg's main street, and the room we were in had free WIFI (though not all did from what I could tell). Was pretty cheap, we paid $70 per night with tax, but not super clean and certainly pretty old. Wash cloths were marked in permanent ink with "Reagan Properties" or something like that - pretty sketchy. Staff was friendly and helpful. Overall struck me as an old, cheap hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

This place is the worst motel in Gatlinburg, not only did they charge my credit card for the price of the room after i had already paid cash when we arrived, and its 2 months later and they have yet to reimburse me for the overcharge. I would suggest to anyone please find another motel, not only is the place about to fall apart the service is just as bad.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Watertown, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2009

We visit Gatinburg 2 or 3 times a year . This is the first and last time we stay at Smokeyland Motel. My wife got sick and we had to leave early. We checked out at 1:00pm. I requested but wasn't given a partial refund. We normally stay in a hotel a block up the street but we wanted to try something different which was a bad mistake. I really think Smokeyland should have given us some of our money back since it was only 2 hours after checkout time and we left due to an emergency. Rooms were clean but I wouldn't recommend this motel to anyone. Its more expensive than other hotels I've stayed in on the strip.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Smokyland Motel? Share your experiences!