“Great time,didn't break our wallets” 5 of 5 stars

Smokyland Motel
727 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #65 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great time,didn't break our wallets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed 4/12-4/14 at the Smokyland. It was great. I booked using a phone number I found the Gatlinburg website,and didn't know it was a central number,the person taking the call booked a room and didn't mention it wasn't Smokyland. I arrived there and was told they didn't have my reservation,she called the number I had called and found out what happened. The lady at the desk took care of it,and booked me at the same price for Smokyland. Our room was clean and well stocked. There were a couple of minor things I think could be improved on,the pillows were cheap and were wore out,the shower head was very low and it was hard for my husband who is 6'3 to use it. Also the handicap rails were in a bad place and you had to lean on them to shower. But other than that it was great and we're going back in the fall. This isn't the ritz so if valet parking or saunas are your thing you won't be happy but if you want a great location,and a nice room then Smokyland is it

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Walter Y, General Manager at Smokyland Motel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are working to address the problems you mention. On the positive side, as you mention, one of Smokyland's major advantages is its location near the center of the Parkway in Gatlinburg.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Fostoria, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

The rates are to high for the type of rooms you get the wifi is spotty at best the hot tub doesn't work most of the time the beds are small as heck and the pillows are hard as bricks and the poll is small and full of ducks. The staff would leave for 12 hours at a time so better hope you do not have an issue or get locked out of your room as the room keys like to reset. The lady at the front desk was nice I felt bad for her she told me she had tried to tell the owner about the issues but he didn't care. It's sad that the owner does not care. I got my last night refunded and found a much better hotel with a mountain view still down town at a cheaper rate. I stayed here before and enjoyed it it's amazing how things can change so quick! I will never be visiting this motel again.

Room Tip: If you like wifi get close to the office
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Walter Y, General Manager at Smokyland Motel, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thanks for your feeback. We are sorry that your experience was as negative as it was. Just so you know, as the season changes, the ice machines will soon be working and we are expanding our front desk hours. Also, when the front desk at Smokyland is closed, there is always someone at the front desk down the street, at Four Seasons, who is available to assist guests. Also, the outdoor pool at Smokyland is closed during the Winter months.
Walhalla, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed the weekend here and I have to say that Smokyland has some of the cleanest rooms we have ever stayed stayed in. Extra clean bathroom, and the king bed was very comfortable. Staff was very nice. In the center of town so you don't have to drive anywhere if you don't want to. Only thing is, is you can hear the people in the room above you walking around in their room . Loud popping and cracking. Woke us up. If you can stand some noise from other rooms, a pretty good place to stay.

Room Tip: Would try to book a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for your comments. We work very hard to meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
Valdese, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

room smells bad,threshold broken had to kick door open every time we entered,not enough staff, we were sent to another room to get our pillows for ourselves, no ice because of cold weather,wifi didnt work, clothes rack fell when we hung our clothes, jacuzzi was deafeningly loud with no cover on the return, it sucked my finger into it and pulled the skin off to the point of bleeding. dirty carpet. the lady at the desk was very nice but seemed to need more support to make sure visitors were taken care of. she didnt seem to have the authority to return some of my money when i told her my concerns, also the plug in came all the way out of the wall when u unplugged anything and then the lights would flicker. was told not to move our car or we may lose our parking spot!!!

Room Tip: go to another motel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Walter Y, General Manager at Smokyland Motel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are taking immediate action to correct the deficienices you mention as well to provide further training and support to our front desk staff. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future.
Gadsden, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

On our first trip to Gatlinburg we really did not know what to expect. When trying to make our motel reservation there were so many motels listed that I really didn't know which one to pick. I knew that we wanted on in the center of town so we could walk to most things. I selected the Smokyland Motel because it was centrally located and they had a special on the room cost. This turned out to be a great location and a very clean room that had "clean corners" in the bathroom. This is one thing I alway look at in a motel because if the time is taken to keep the corners clean then I assume the rest of the room has had a good cleaning. When we go back again I fully intend to try to stay at Smokeyland. Great location and great employees. This was a good week and I didn't want to leave.

Room Tip: Get a downstairs room where you can park in front of it. Just walk from your room to your car if yo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Walter Y, General Manager at Smokyland Motel, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thanks for your kind comments; we look forward to your return visit!
Fostoria, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We loved this hotel the staff were nice and the rates were good. We were in the heart of downtown and didn't need to drive anywhere the 4 days we spent there. Almost everything was a 10 min walk away. Next time we go to Gatlinburg we will be staying again.

Room Tip: The fire place rooms are worth the extra money and the beds on the top floor are a little softer.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
phil campbell
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We booked a room here thru Book It and had changed our reservation dates with the smokyland staff weeks prior to our arrival and even confirmed the weekend before hand. Well after driving 6 hours the office staff tells me that they have no rooms avaiable and dont even have us on the list. Had they have been the least bit sympathetic I mite not have been so angry, but the mans response was you will have to call Book It. Not even and Im sorry.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Smokyland Motel? Share your experiences!