I took my kids & dog to Gatlinburg for my daughter's b-day & Halloween. I was leary of reserving on-line b/c of bad reviews so I ck'd it out for myself. As I read in reviews the front & side bldgs are closed. The front desk clerk was friendly. She offered me the chance to see sev. rooms & indoor pool. The 3 rooms we looked at were clean & someone was cleaning the pool. I probably could've found something else at a comparable rate but I was there to enjoy a few days w/my kids, not spend a lot of time driving around hoping to find a deal especially knowing there aren't many pet friendly motels there. We were out of the room for the most part but did spend several hrs at the pool. It was warm & clean & the kids had a blast! I'm a single mom on a limited budget & just needed a clean, afforadable place to sleep & bathe which I found it to be. The free breakfast was a plus. The coffee cups are tiny just as I read, but most places only offer stale bagels w/those larger cups. I took my travel cup w/me ~ problem solved. The walk back up hill from the main drag may be a bit much for some folks but I chalked it up as a chance to burn off that fudge. The trolley does make a stop near the motel. If you're looking for a posh luxury hotel w/all the bells & whistles, this isn't it! Others may have had bad experiences. There's no doubt it's outdated & in need of renovation but my stay was pleasant. Next time if my wallet allows I may spend a little extra & stay elsewhere. But when I treat my kids to another little get-away & low on funds, I'll stay here again. I'm sure if I ask my kids 10 or so yrs from now what they remember about the awesome time we spent in Gatlinburg, I don't think they'll say the outdated hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Garden Plaza Hotel in Gatlinburg, TN is conveniently located on Historic Nature Trail with many area attractions nearby, including the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies and shopping in Gatlinburg's quaint downtown area. Comprised of 2 buildings, this pet-friendly hotel in Gatlinburg features two indoor pools and two whirlpools. A complete hot breakfast is included in your room rate. Hotel amenities include guest laundry facilities, a fitness center, free high-speed wireless internet access and cocktails at Sade & Dora's Lounge (Thu - Sat). Personal services at The Garden Plaza in Gatlinburg include an ATM, concierge services and a safe-deposit box at the front desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Garden Plaza Hotel Gatlinburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Plaza Resort Gatlinburg
- Garden Plaza Gatlinburg
- Garden Plaza Hotel Gatlinburg Tn