“Unique charm, not your modern hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Gatlinburg Inn
1.0 of 5 Motel   |   755 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Ranked #5 of 86 Hotels in Gatlinburg
oklahoma
“Unique charm, not your modern hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I liked this hotel. If you are looking for a blast to the past this is your pick. The furniture and decor was dated all the way back to the 1930's. They last renovated in the 1960's but don't let that fool you, it was very clean. I was most pleased that there wasn't hardly a dust piece to find or mold. Surprising for an older hotel I know! There is no wi-fi that I am aware of or free breakfast, but there is coffee in the lobby and two sweet ladies at the counter. The older security guard was a little annoying due to the parking, because once I pulled in.....there he was. He was very firm about making sure I was going in to check in. He even asked me three different times before I checked in fully if that was my car. I'm sorry but if you can't remember who's car is who's, especially since they've only been to the car and to the front desk in a 10 time period, it's time to retire. I can understand they don't want just anyone parking there and need the space for the hotel guests, but lighten up a little. That was my only complaint. Again the room was very clean, the bed was comfortable and they provided little toiletries in the bathroom that I haven't seen in modern hotels. I'm not sure I'll stay again since I am an American and feel that I need a little wi-fi and free breakfast. Forgive me!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Collinwood, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We have stayed in many of the motels up and down the strip, none compare to the friendliness that you will find here. It is a step back in time , I loved all the antiques, and the room was extremely clean. We will definately go back.

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We have been staying here for years, several times each year and nothing compares to The Gatlinburg Inn, trust me!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sycamore, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family and I were looking for a hotel for our stay next year. We loved the Quality Inn Creekside where we stayed this year, but wanted something in the middle of the action next year. We pulled into the parking lot to meet up with family while I ran inside for information for next year. Before I even got out of the car the "Security Guard" was out of the building across the parking lot telling my husband to "get out now or he will may our day even worse". Is that how you treat a potential guest???!!! Really?

Discriminating against people who take too long to get out of the car is just unforgivable. It's no wonder the parking lot was empty the entire time we stayed. We'll be going back to the Quality Inn Creekside. The name speaks for itself. The Gatlinburg Inn looks old and outdated. After reading the rest of the reviews, I'm thinking the owner is outdated as well.

Room Tip: Go to the Quality Inn Creekside on LeConte Drive if you want a good, clean, comfortable room and fri...
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

This hotel is a blast from the past! If you are looking for frills and modern amenities, this place is not for you. If you are looking for an extremely clean and timeless hotel, you will find it here. The hotel is amazingly clean which is hard to find in the Gatlinburg area. We stayed in room 321 which had a great balcony with a view of the strip. The front porch is also great for relaxing. I loved the hotel because of it's old charm, my teenage kids hated it because it wasn't like the chain hotels they are used to staying in. There is no fitness center, but plenty of areas outside to exercise. But...my husband and I thought it was wonderful and will definitely stay here again. The staff allowed us to leave our car parked in their lot after checkout which was an additional perk (if you've been to Gatlinburg you know parking is a nightmare).

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a front view
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Overall an average experience. You stay at this hotel for the location. It is in the center of town. It is old and needs updated , at the very least new carpet. It was an ok stay, average. The room was CLEAN though. VERY BASIC accomodations. Seems like people 60+ like it alot. My 3 year old hated it. Room seemed very small and confined to us. We are in our early 40's. Would stay there again but would recommend other places first.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Lemont, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

The was our first stay at Gatlinburg Inn. We were enchanted. The beauty of the exterior,the fragrance of the rose garden caught our attention as we were looking for a place to stay. The staff was so friendly, security both day and night made us feel safe. The lack of modern amenities (refrigerator, hair dryer,flat screen tv) was made up by the charm of the atmosphere. It was nice to experience history for ourselves. The cleaning staff does a tremendous job. They use only name brand products. And keep the place immaculate. The bed are comfortable and the good down pillows are amazing. The crystal gardens were beautiful! I felt honored to stay there. I hope anyone who stays here in the future will appreciate this fine hotel the way it deserves. With dignity and honor. It is a wonderful place

Room Tip: Just ask to see the rooms first to make sure you are serious enough to appreciate the nostalgia
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family