“Rooms are very nice, but the rest was not so good” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   402 River Rd, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #23 of 88 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Illinois
“Rooms are very nice, but the rest was not so good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

The rooms are very clean and the air conditioning worked great. Balcony was clean and the view of the creek and downtown was awesome. We had the Mystery Mansion ouside our room. Our kids loved "messing with the "scary" guy.
The continental breakfast was not good so if you are making a decision based on this, don't stay here. Only stale donuts and hard biscuits . The pool was average. It was kind of small.
I had to move our car in the parking garage when it stormed on our last night because the gutter sytem backed up and was pouring onto our car on the second level.
Compared to the other hotels I saw, I think this one is worth your time as long as you go out for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Madison Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

Me and my boyfriend went to Gatlinburg for vacation. I was very pleased with the service check in out was fast everything was within walking distance. Edgewater will always be special to and my boyfriend because our first night there he proposed to me in the restaurant. The rooms were very clean and comforable and the price was not bad at all. I will definetely be staying there in the future.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

We recently returned from a spur of the moment week-end trip to Gatlinburg. My son decided that he wanted to stay in the heart of Gatlinburg, so he booked the hotel. We had stayed at this hotel many times, but it was years ago. We were very surprised when we entered the hotel. They have had an extensive renovation and the results were quite nice. We had a riverside double with two queen beds that was adjacent to the room that our son and his family was in. The room itself was quite large. There was a balcony that, while small, was adequate enough to sit out upon to read the paper and listen to the stream below. The room was extremely clean and nicely decorated. My husband accidentally left his expensive watch on the bed when we left for the day. When we returned, the bed was made and the watch put on the bedspread in the exact spot where he had left it.

The location is fantastic. It is one block off the main street. There is adequate parking for all guests. Since parking is at a premium in Gatlinburg, it was nice to have the car parked in a designated area and just be able to walk all around the downtown area.

We did not eat the hotel breakfast because there were a couple of restaurants that we wanted to try for breakfast. The children did use the pool and enjoyed swimming between the indoors and outdoors. We are already planning a return trip to this hotel for September.

Middle Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

I got a good deal online to stay at the Edgewater, and already knew I like its location, so I booked. We were allowed to park on the property before check-in time, which I appreciated. Check-in was easy. The room was sparkly clean. The whole property has been renovated nicely. Our room had new furniture and nice linens in it. The balcony is small-ish, but nice to have. Good water pressure in the shower and plenty of towels for me and three kids. The kids loved the pool. I wondered from the photos online if the pool area would really look like that, and it does. It's very nice. I didn't spot any maintenance issues at all during my visit, and I usually take notice of those things. The staff was friendly. Admittedly, I like to check in and be left alone until I leave, but they did a good job serving me. The free continental breakfast was very decent, and actively monitored to keep the serving area clean and stocked as needed. Check-out was easy, and no "gotcha" fees. I feel like I got more than I paid for at this hotel, and will definitely consider the Edgewater next time, even if I have to pay a little bit more.

Vermilion
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2009

My family and I (including 2 young boys) visted the mountains for the first time and LOVED not only the mountains and Gatlinburg but also this resort hotel. This property was recently redone and it is beautiful. Not only that, the lady at the front desk (Sue) befriended my oldest son and treated him like one of her own. When we got home, my son said he wanted to call Sue to tell her we made it home safely. (I thought that was too cute not to share).

Anyway, this was such a pleasure to have stayed here. They offer a free breakfast and my youngest son took the biscuits and gravy up to our room which occupied him while we took our showers.

I have never been inspired to write a review but I had to this time to express my gratitude to the Edgewater for their quality property and hospitality.

Just park your car....you never have to worry again. They take care of the rest. It's convenient and comfortable.

Thank you to all the staff for making me feel like a party of the family. We will be back!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Daytona Beach,FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

Traveled up and down the strip to price out the different hotels and The Edgewater was well worth the price we paid for it comparted to many on the strip which were more expensive. The staff was pleasant in checking us in. We stayed in room 507 and the view was nice of the mountains and overlooked the little pigeon river. My husband got a kick out of watching the people trout fishing below us. The beds were very very comfortable and the room was big enough for my husband and I and our 15 month old. The rooms didn't have new screen TV's but your in Gatlinburg, who wants to sit inside and watch TV all day. I was suprised to see the many cable channels they offered. The breakfast wasn't the best but again your in Gatlinburg, get out and enjoy all the wonderful pankcake houses and the great food the town has to offer. Overall we were very pleased with the hotel and if you want a convienent location, cozy bed and nice view then hands down i would def recommend this place to someone else. P.S. We forgot our bathing suits but if we had them we would've enjoyed the indoor/outdoor pool.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
baton rouge la
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

We were wary of this hotel because it is one of the older hotels in the city, but we needed a room on Memorial Day weekend, and had no other choice. What a pleasant surprise!!!
The hotel has been recently renovated, and the room was spacious with a great view of the mountains. Although the bathroom ceiling was overlooked in the renovation,(read drop ceiling with those old tiles) it was a nice, comfortable, very clean room. The staff was wonderful and helpful. There was a nice free breakfast in the morning, and the hotel was walking distance to everything downtown. Our kids loved the indoor/outdoor pool with waterfall.
My husband even found himself thinking about the view from our balcony after we got back to work!!
All in all, a pleasant experience.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to The Edgewater Hotel? Share your experiences!