“Convenient Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 86 hotels in Gatlinburg
Clemmons, NC
“Convenient Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I've wanted to stay at this hotel for years. It didn't disappoint us. The room was very clean and the staff was very friendly and eager to please. It was conviently located so a short walk to the main street in downtown Gatlinburg. Our room overlooked the river and the view was relaxing. We plan to stay there again on our next visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Edgewater. I'm glad your stay was pleasant and enjoyable. We appreciate your choosing us during your trip and hope that we can host a future visit when travel plans bring you back to Gatlinburg.

501 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I checked into the motel on oct. 4th and was was checked in by a very well mannered young man, I believe his name was Jason or Justin, the other older woman at the front desk was also very kind although I was unable to catch her name, and between the two they recommended several nice restaurants. I stayed for 3 days and 2 nights, the room I stayed in was very clean with a nice view of the river. The service in this motel was very nice and I enjoyed my stay, I will defiantly be returning.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Edgewater. We always strive for excellent customer service and I appreciate knowing that our staff made you feel welcome and appreciated. I wiil pass on your remarks to everyone. We look forward to another chance to host you in the near future when travel plans could bring you back to Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our 20 month old son October 13th through October 19th. We stayed in the King suite rooms 831 and 833 (joining rooms). Large room with good size mini fridge, fireplace and balcony with a great view of mountains and the parkway. The room connected to another room with a pullout couch, 2nd bathroom, bathroom and fireplace. It was perfect for us. My son slept in a portable crib in the connected room which was nice to be able to utilize the balcony and fireplace after we out him to sleep. The room was clean and nice. The hotel staff was friendly. I didn't have problems with slow elevators, we found them average and no slower than any others. The breakfast was nice and the breakfast room was huge and very clean. I love that they had high chairs! The parking garage is a tight fit but it's not a reason to not stay. We have a mid size SUV and we fit in the spaces but it was a tight fit. We loved the location. Close enough to walk easily to the parkway but far enough back to be quiet! The stream in front of the hotel was so nice! My son loved going to feed the ducks every morning! Great hotel and will be back for sure!!! (Only reason I didn't give 5 stars is the hotel is slightly outdated, nothing major, just decor. Nothing that can't be overlooked!! ) I'd recommend this hotel to anyone!

Stayed October 2013
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience here at the Edgewater. I appreciate your positive comments and am happy that your stay was pleasant and enjoyable. I hope to see you in the near future when travel plans bring you back to the Gatlinburg area.
Bloomington, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was our 3rd time staying at this hotel. They have actually updated it since our last stay. The hotel is very clean and the beds are very comfortable. I have no complaints about that part at all. My only issue with this place was the parking. If you go out of an evening, there is absolutely no parking left in the parking garage. We had to park out on the street along with others. BUT....we will definitely stay here again :)

Room Tip: I would ask for a room facing the stream.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments on Trip Advisor. We are happy that you chose to stay with us during your mountain trip. I really appreciate your continued patronage and look forward to your return visit in the near future.
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. This a no frills, fairly price hotel in a great location. They have friendly assoaiates and it is very clean for an older hotel. The continental breakfast left something to be desired, but is was free.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your post on Trip Advisor regarding your stay here at the Edgewater. I agree that our hotel is in a great location to the attractions in downtown Gatlinburg. A short walk and you're on the Strip. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to a future visit when travel plans bring you back to the Great Smoky Mountains.
boaz ky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Nice clean room hotel staff very friendly. Hotel garage is really too small and breakfast was nothing to brag about. The location is great tho! Spaces in garage are way too small hard to get in and out and breakfast needed better donuts and maybe gravy for your biscuits.

Room Tip: one on street side or creek side
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I appreciate your suggestions, and will certainly discuss them with upper management. I hope when travel plans bring you back to Gatlinburg, you will again choose to stay at the Edgewater.
Newton, KS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Was on a tour with about 50 people. We were in our rooms in a reasonable time. The place is just ok, used and abused, needs a facelift. Don't expect much for breakfast. First day was biscuits and patty sausage, no gravy, no eggs, a biscuit and a sausage patty. Second day was a biscuit and an egg patty. No gravy, no sausage or bacon, a biscuit and a egg patty. Maybe I expect too much. We were on the sixth floor. This place has the slowest elevators ever. Wasn't a terrible stay, all and all just ok.

Room Tip: Most of the hotels along the river have age on them. If you want a newer hotel you would probably b...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Edgewater. We strive for excellent customer service and appreciate your feedback. I hope that when travel plans bring you back to Gatlinburg, you will again consider staying with us again.
Best Regards,

Been to The Edgewater Hotel? Share your experiences!