“Great Location to stay.” 4 of 5 stars

The Edgewater Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   402 River Rd, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Ranked #18 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great Location to stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My Husband and I recently took our 2 kids to Gatlinburg, TN and stayed at the Edgewater Hotel. The hotel was clean and had updated fixtures. It is very convenient to local shops and also the Aquarium. When checking in we discovered our room phone didn't work and notified the front desk and they immediately sent a maintenance man up with a new phone for our room. The staff was friendly and answered all questions with a smile. Our room had an excellent view of the city. We couldn't have asked for a better view for the fireworks on the 4th. The only negatives I would say about this hotel is that it is a bit confusing and inconvenient to get to the lobby and that the balconies were a bit small but overall for the money it is a great place to stay. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 7th-8th floors on City side have awesome views.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Edgewater for your Gatlinburg stay. We appreciate your positive comments and are glad your stay was pleasant. I am glad that our employees were helpful and courteous in responding to your needs.
We look forward to seeing you on a future visit when travel plans bring you back to Gatlinburg.
Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Central NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Fun family time and incredibly convenient to just walk to the strip. We had the mountain & pool view which was fine. Also our room connected inside with the room next door (& the rest of our party) so that was nice to visit without going out in the hallway! Loved the indoor outdoor pool too. Next time we will definitely stay here, but may ask for a city side view.

On the down side, but not that big of a deal...The parking garage is a bit tight for the larger suvs but still worked well. Breakfast one morning was so-so due to the waffle irons not correctly working... made a huge mess when they wouldn't cook!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I appreciate your taking the time to rate your stay on this site. I apologize for any inconvenience your might have experienced trying to park. We strive to offer excellent customer service and thank you for all your comments and your patronage. We look forward to the opportunity to be of service to you in the future.
Panama City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We love the Smokies and have been staying at The Edgewater for twelve or more years. The staff, especially the front desk staff, have always been very professional and courteous. Aside from our love of the Smokies, the staff are what keeps us coming back two to three times a year. They make it feel like home and treat us like family. The hotel has an excellent location with very good views from the room balcanys. The service is excellent. The property and rooms are clean and maintained very well. The parking garage is a challenge for a full size vehicle but we consider ourselves lucky that we have covered parking with security. We can"t wait for tthe next visit!.

Room Tip: Make advance reservations and tell the reservationist exactly what you want. Higher floors have bet...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post regarding your stay. We really appreciate all of your comments and thank you for your continued patronage to the Edgewater. We strive for excellent customer service and I always enjoy getting such positive feedback about our staff. I will certainly pass on your comments to the Department Heads.
We look forward to your return visit when travel plans bring you back to Gatlinburg.
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We only got to stay at the Edgewater for 1 night as we came into town a day early unexpectedly. What a treat to stay here! I literally booked the reservation while we were traveling, based on a recommendation from a family member who had stayed here. I called to confirm my online booking and to let them know we wouldn't be arriving until about 2am. I was nervous because the price was less than surrounding places. We arrived around 2:30 am- the hotel was easy to find with Our GPS. The parking garage is under the hotel, and doesn't have much space to maneuver, but is well-lit. The elevator to the hotel is clean and in a safe location. The person who checked us in (I wish I remembered his name!) was excellent- very friendly. He gave us a late checkout since we arrived so late, which was much appreciated. We were upgraded to a river view room, which was really nice! The rooms are very spacious and extremely clean. The beds were very comfortable, and the view from the private balcony was really pretty the next morning. The Edgewater is easy walking distance to downtown Gatlinburg and lots of restaurants, which is convenient. We really had a great experience here, and would not hesitate to stay here on a future trip!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We appreciate your deciding to stay at the Edgewater, even though it was a short visit. Hopefully you will come again soon and can stay longer to enjoy our facility and all that Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains have to offer.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Everytime I come to Gatlinburg, TN, I always choose The Edgewater Hotel. The staff is excellent and always have a room available for me. The price is great especially with offering military discounts. The rooms and bathrooms are always clean and staff is very helpful. The only cons I have to say is that sometimes the elevators are really busy and it is faster to take the stairs. Also, they could make one upgrade to the rooms and that is the T.V.'s. Flat panel makes the rooms look even more modern. But otherwise...love hotel and location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Edgewater as your host hotel when you're in Gatlinburg. We appreciate your patronage and also thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay. We are currently in the process of upgrading all of our rooms with flat screen televisions. Hopefully this project will be complete when travel plans bring you back to the Edgewater. We look forward to your next visit.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

When I first tried to get a room here, the riverside king bed rooms were all booked. So, I booked at another motel. The day before heading to Gatlinburg, I just happened to check again. To my delight, what I thought would be the perfect room was available! I had visions of my husband (who is not in good health & is partially handicapped) & I sitting on our private riverside balcony sipping coffee, celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary. Gosh, how I wish I had kept our reservations at the other hotel! Upon arrival, we had trouble finding a parking place (There were no handicap spaces left.) & could barely fit our small car in the narrow spot. You should have seen us trying to unload the car! There was no luggage cart to be found either. After telling the maid on the first day that we didn't need anything but towels, she didn't even bother to ask the next day. We had to beg for towels & toilet tissue! Demolition of the Riveredge Motel across the street was taking place. THAT was our view. We could "view" the river from our riverside balcony if we leaned over the rail! The noise awakened us just about every morning bright and early. And the dust from the demolition project has my asthma in a horrible flare. The elevators were extremely slow & the continental breakfast was the usual and was ok. This is supposed to be a non-smoking property, but the fellow on the balcony below us puffed one cigar after another. Nothing was done about it when I complained. Between that and the dust from across the street, there was no enjoying the riverside balcony. I realize it isn't the hotel's fault about the demolition project. I just wish the reservations clerk had told me about it before charging out credit card over $800.00 up front. I feel like they owe us a partial refund.

• Stayed July 2013
We appreciate your taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay here at the Edgewater. We strive to offer excellent customer service and I apologize for the issues you had during your stay. I will certainly address each of them with our department heads, but unfortunately the demolition of the building across the street is out of our control and they do not offer a schedule as to when they are working.
I hope you will afford us another opportunity to serve you in the future when you are back in the Gatlinburg area. I know you will have a much more positive experience.
Norwalk, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here the week of July 4th. Between our families we had 4 rooms. View looking down over the river was awesome. Our rooms were clean, no complaints from any of us. We were just a short walk away from everything downtown. We took No Service all week from housekeeping, but the one day my daughter wet the bed, everything was taken care of quickly. Only thing was sometimes it felt like it took forever to get on the elevators, but oh well, what are you gonna do? other people have to get to their rooms as well!

Room Tip: pick odd room numbers for view of river!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Edgewater for your recent stay in Gatlinburg. We strive to have excellent customer service and appreciate your positive comments. We look forward to your return visit the next time your travel plans bring you to Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains.
Best Regards,

Been to The Edgewater Hotel? Share your experiences!