“Hidden Gem” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Belle Aire Hotel

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge Belle Aire Hotel to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Belle Aire Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   405 Historic Nature Trail, Gatlinburg, TN 37738 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #35 of 86 hotels in Gatlinburg
Sugar Valley, Georgia
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

If u don't like to walk grab the trolley, but you should try this little place. It's not the Ritz Carlton, but its clean, and nice views. Joseph, the day desk clerk was very nice and truly made our stay enjoyable. This was our first time staying here, but we will make it our regular hotel from now on.

• Stayed September 2013
Walter Y, General Manager at Econo Lodge Belle Aire Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
That's how we feel about it! (And yes, Joseph is a good guy.) Thanks for commenting and come back and see us again soon at BelleAire EconoLodge!

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
germantown ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

stayed there over labor day weekend crystal at check in she was great very nice we got a non smoking room when we walked in the first thing my wife seen was ashes around bath tub they got a fee of 250.00 for cleaning if you smoke in a non smoking room went and told clerk about it so i was not charged we don't smoke can't stand the smell. The pillow case looked like it was molded the door look like someone tried to break the lock out of it you could see though it. The t.v had about 3 channels that you could see the a.c made so much noise it was terrible and the refrigerator when it kicked on made a loud noise like someone beating the hell out of it with a hammer and when taking shower sometimes you ran out of hot water then it turned ice cold went there to relax and it was the worst hotel stay we ever had. oh yea there continental breakfast a danish or a bagel with cream cheese this hotel is not worth the price they charge for 30.00 more rent a cabin

Room Tip: don't stay there
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Walter Y, General Manager at Econo Lodge Belle Aire Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
We are very sorry that your experience was so negative. We are happy that Crystal provided you with excellent service in spite of everything else.
Rogers, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I read reviews before I booked and found most to be balanced as you have to understand that this is the lower end of the Choice brand. Even being the lower end, I felt that the place was clean and kept the best that it could be. We stayed in the suite in the building behind the actual motel itself. It was very spacious and I would recommend it for those with larger families. I encountered the gentleman that I believe was cleaning the rooms or maintenance who was very friendly asking if we needed anything as we were loading the vehicle.

As many have stated the breakfast was very basic, but I was not expecting a large selection due to the star rating of the motel. When we arrived there was only a few things left, but the gentleman working the desk upon seeing my family walk in promptly checked and refilled the selections.

The room itself, as I mentioned before, was very spacious. I was really surprised as I was not expecting it to be as large as it was. The jetted tub was an added blessing and the kids loved it as well. It was clean and had an slight odor, but not unusual for older motel. We only stayed one night, but my wife and I agreed that it would be the place we come to next time we come through.

I gave an excellent review based upon the fact that I thought they are doing a great job with an older facility. You cannot come to a place like this and expect it to be like the MainStay Suites which is the higher end of the brands. Great job by the folks at Econo Lodge which was my first stay with the Econo brand. I felt like we had good bang for the buck!

Room Tip: Larger families get the 2 king suite...plenty of room for any family!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Walter Y, General Manager at Econo Lodge Belle Aire Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment. We hope to see you and your family back soon at Econo Lodge Belle Aire in Gatlinburg.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Most gatlinburg hotels are not very nice and the few nice ones are too expensive. We have a toddler so cleanliness is most important to us. This hotel looks kind of old from the outside but our room (and top blanket, sometimes they're gross) was very clean. It's only a block or so from the main strip.
I was able to sleep and I'm a light sleeper so I wouldn't agree with the reviewer that said it was loud.
We didn't take advantage of the free basic breakfast we opted for the pancake house about a half block down the road.
The only thing I didn't like was one of the beds was pushed right up to the heat/air unit, I mean pressed right up to it but still we would definitely stay here again.
Oh and the lobby closes at 11, if you're checking in after 11 you have to pick up your room key down the road, that happened so our friends.

• Stayed July 2013
Walter Y, General Manager at Econo Lodge Belle Aire Hotel, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thanks for commenting. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Please return and stay Belle Aire Econo Lodge again soon!
Bristol TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband was leaving for deployment the next day so we decided to go down to Gatlinburg overnight so I could drop him off on base in the morning... his sister came along.
I based booking this room on a few things... it had pretty great reviews and pictures, seemed to be pretty close to the strip, the hotel was renovated at some recent point...
The hotel was renovated (partially i feel) but the room we were in had some carpet stains, old pink and blue bathroom tile, and all the rooms had the OLD windows that actually open... you know, the metal framed ones...

I think it's best for me to just make a pro/con list for you guys so here it is:

Pro's:
The desk clerk when we left was great.
The room was pretty clean for a hotel so close to the strip. I would have said it was very clean if i didn't lose my earing back under one of the beds and had to hunt for it! lmao
The street this hotel is on comes out on the main strip pretty much right at the Ripley's Believe it or not museum. PERFECT place because it's pretty much the best part of Gatlinburg.
The water pressure and temperature in the shower was perfect.
The beds and pillows were very comfy.
The hotel was quiet because it's not on the main strip.
The desk clerk, I feel, made things right when we left by offering us some discounts for our dissatisfaction. And he was VERY polite and apologetic. I was actually a bit surprised because I don't complain about things often, I didn't ask for anything and he OFFERED to try to make things right.

Con's
This place apparently has two locations? When I went to get our room key there was only one clerk and she was helping a woman who was trying to check in but there reservation was wrong and they had to move her to the other building in a different location... So it took about 15 minutes of standing, waiting, etc before we got a key.
I assumed the hotel was about 2 blocks from the strip based on mapquest... it was more like 6 blocks (not sure exactly how many lol). The walk wasn't bad at all until it got to be night time and it was a little creepy...
The hotel pictures are VERY deceiving in my opinion. Our room was VERY small and tight compared to an average room. So tight, in fact, that the 2nd queen bed was literally touching the wall air conditioner. There was one table in between the two queen beds and that was all there was room for on that wall.
I still feel like they gave us full beds and not queen beds... they seemed small.
There is no table for you to sit and eat in the room but a desk.
There was one small thing of shampoo, one small thing of lotion, and a bar of soap... every hotel I've ever stayed at had two shampoos but this wasn't a huge deal...
The air conditioner was SO UNBELIEVABLY LOUD that the three of us were up all through the night when it would kick on and off. (It runs constantly very loud but does some kicking on and off type stuff which is even louder... idk)

Overall, for the price we paid, I expected much more.
We only stayed for one night. If the A/C wasn't so loud I think I would feel more comfortable about giving this hotel 3 stars. It was just WAY less than expected.
We did not use the in room fridge (it was a pretty old wood panel looking one), the pool or the continental breakfast (only 3 tables) so I can't give any input on these.
I think that for a one night stay that this hotel was okay. And we may stay there again if we decide we want to be right near the strip... but I wouldn't book it for more than a night or two or with my two kids.

Room Tip: This review is for room 117.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Walter Y, General Manager at Econo Lodge Belle Aire Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thanks for your review. We will take your points into account as we continue to work to improve Belle Aire Econo Lodge. We do hope you will stay with us again.
Auburn, AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Concur with most reviews as to convenience to strip and the Nature Trail. Rooms were basic and small, but this is an older motel. Furnishings were decent. Mattresses were comfortable. Breakfast was a waste unless you just want coffee, but I really don't eat it at Choice properties usually anyway. Front desk was helpful when I had issues with a reservation.

Room Tip: Rooms on side by strip are easier to get out in a car..
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Walter Y, General Manager at Econo Lodge Belle Aire Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thanks for the review. We will take your comments concerning breakfast into consideration as we consider how to improve it. Come and back and stay with us BelleAire EconoLodge again soon!
Waynesville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had just come from a bad experience at a motel in Pigeon Forge and was pleased to find your motel. The young man at the front desk when we checked in at about 10:30 am was very helpful and pleasant. He got us to a very nice room quickly and efficiently. The room was great, clean and everything worked. It is convenient to all the attractions such as walking downtown and to the convention center. Had a little reaction with the maintance man and the housekeepers it was very good. The next morning which was Friday I asked the young lady at the desk if it would be ok if I left my truck sit on the lot while we went to the craft fair, she said no problem.

Overall it was a very enjoyable stay and we are planning to return in October and will stay again with you.
Thank you for a clean pleasant visit to Gatlinburg

Room Tip: This is the place to stay when in the area
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you. We appreciate your comments, and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Been to Econo Lodge Belle Aire Hotel? Share your experiences!