“This USED to be my favorite Gatlinburg hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Chimney Rock, NC
“This USED to be my favorite Gatlinburg hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Total snafu at check-in (desk clerk unconcerned); room not what I had asked for (desk clerk on phone unconcerned again); breakfast has gone WAY downhill in terms of both selection and quality; only the 'hothouse' pool and hot tub remained superb. Check-out?? Please see check-in... Get me outta here...

Room Tip: Definitely ask for 'away from the elevator and snack machines' unless you don't like und...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ClarionGatlinburg, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
The Clarion Inn & Suites Gatlinburg would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. Due to you booking your reservations with choicehotel.com special rate the hotel is unable to alter the reservation in any way. To guarantee a certain room type we would suggest that you make your reservations directly through the hotel to ensure you receive the correct room type. Once again thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Norton, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

This is supposed to be a choice hotel. However I did not find it to be what I expected from Clarion. Where to start, parking is terrible, their overflow is in a dimly lit sketchy parking lot where I was too afraid to leave my car at night so we drove around for hours until we could get back in parking lot. When I called the staff to ask them if there was anywhere else to park they were not friendly. Secondly, CLEANLINESS And APPEARANCE are the most important aspects of a hotel besides hospitality. The elevator smells like dirty feet. The pool's heater was torn up no one told us until we asked. And both pools were so filthy there were black FOOTPRINTS on the bottom of them. We didn't even go swimming after that. The carpet is my next and biggest pet peeve. It was torn, rippled and smelly. That was in the hallways! Walls were dirty as well. I had to CALL THE FRONT DESK AND ASK THAT THEY COME VACCUM because there were TOENAIL CLIPPINGS in the carpet. The girl at the front desk didn't even seem worried about it. I will not go back and stay until they get better attitudes, new carpet and new house keeping staff to clean. Basics of running a hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ClarionGatlinburg, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
The Clarion Inn Gatlinburg would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding you recent stay with us. The hotel will be replacing the carpet at the first of the year. We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention and have forwarded them to the proper department heads. Thank you again for taking the time to post your review.
Rome, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We come to gatlinburg/pigeon forge every thanksgiving. It is our one time a year family trip. We always stay at clarion at Walden Creek but this year, sad to say, it was booked. So I figured at $700 for 4 nights , clarion Inn at Gatlinburg would be just as nice . WRONG! We checked in at 6pm on Wednesday before Thanksgiving. The clerk was so busy on the phone, I wondered if she would ever get us checked in. I confused her by paying half cash and half on debit card. We walked in to our small dark room after riding a slow elevator and now the complaints begin. Mold on shower curtain, infestation of lady bugs, dirty carpet, old microwave that wouldn't pop popcorn and the tv had only a few channels. A so called heated pool that is separate from the hotel and was not heated. I also told the front desk and they acted surprised and said oh we will check on that. 4 days later, IT'S WARM!!!! They do charge additional $15 day for what I have no ideal. The housekeeper hung around outside our room for 2 hours each day. Dropped off towels and got garbage. Never cleaned the room. Now let's move to breakfast. 3 sweet older folks that could not keep up with the volume of guests fixed your plate and made omelets. Stood in line for 15 minutes each day. They hide everything so people won't use it all...(they told me so). non stick spray for waffle maker, sugar free syrup and additional supplies. The hot food is cafe style. They fix your alloted amount and u have a meal ticket they punch. So......now on their website I see the price is now $79 a night instead of $175. Well its worth $79 but no more. Do yourself a favor....stay in pigeon forge. I work really hard all year for this family trip and my 5 yr old granddaughter was bored and disappointed just like I am.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
The Clarion Inn & Suites Gatlinburg would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention and have forwarded them to the proper department heads. Once again we appreciate you taking the time to post your comments.
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This motel fell short on a few matters:

There is not enough parking. You will need to park in the motel lot as there is no free public parking around. But there were more cars than parking spots. One evening we had to drive around the parking lot for 15 minutes before a spot opened up. And we were not that late.

Rooms facing the street (like ours) are noisy. There's a lot of people on the street, which is close by the building, and they are not quiet.

Unexpected charges appeared on our bill. Like $15/night for a 'hotel services fee' beyond any taxes. So don't expect your quoted room rate to be what you pay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
The Clarion Inn & Suites Gatlinburg would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your most recent stay with us and we look forward to your next visit to Gatlinburg.
Newnan, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We booked this hotel for one night based on other reviews. We also booked based on the "newly remodeled". The carpet was so curled up on the third floor hallwayit would trip you up! The hotel smelled of stale cigarette smoke on the third floor we stayed on. The balcony was filthy. The bed comforter had holes in the bottom. The room with two Queen beds was so extremely small. We were traveling with a two and for year old. The worst part was that the main reason we picked this hotel was the indoor pool for the kids. We took the kids over to the pool and after putting my son's floaties on I let him go down the stairs. He freaked out and scared me to death . I jumped in and the pool was FREEZING! ! I was genuinely concerned he would get hypothermia. After rushing him to a hot bath, I went to talk to the front desk. They said it was suppose to be heated. I gave them my room numbed and asked that they please let me know if the heat got fixed since that was the one thing my kids wanted to do. No one ever let me know anything and they never got to swim.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
ClarionGatlinburg, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
The Clarion Inn Gatlinburg would like to thank you for posting your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. The hotel regrets that your stay was unpleasant. We appreciate you bringing to our attention the issue with the pool which has been addressed. Once again thank you for posting your comments regarding your stay.
Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for our first wedding anniversary from Nov 1st through the 3rd, 2013. We stayed in a King Suite with a jacuzzi tub and fireplace and it was beautiful! We had a balcony overlooking the main strip with a beautiful view of the mountain and the Ober Gatlinburg tram going up and down the mountain. The jacuzzi tub was the biggest indoor jacuzzi tub I have ever seen! It was like a mini swimming pool in our room! The breakfast each morning was delicious and the ladies running the breakfast bar were so warm and friendly. The coffee is free and available 24 hours a day and it was delicious. We particularly liked the Christmas Blend. The also serve up delicious baked goods after 5pm in the lobby as well. The front desk staff were extremely friendly and accommodating upon check-in and check-out. I had issues with the initial card I had made the reservation with and was able to call them during our drive to Tennessee and it was resolved in less than 5 minutes, too easy! (I also want to note it was an issue on my part with the card, not the hotel's.) The only complaint that I have is that it was hard for me to gain and keep access to wifi, but my husband's laptop did not have any issues. I am running Windows 8 on my laptop and he is not, so that may be the issue. But if you have problems, they also offer free computer access in the lobby in a lounge behind the breakfast bar. Other than the wifi issue it was a wonderful stay! Even the lady and gentleman that worked in housekeeping were extremely friendly and accommodating! You could not ask for a better location if you want to be able to easily walk to everything on the main strip of Gatlinburg. We parked our car upon check-in and never moved it until we checked-out. This hotel is literally located diagonally across the street from the Ober Gatlinburg tram location. I will definitely be staying here again next year when we return for our next anniversary!

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are SUPER convenient if you plan on frequently leaving and returning!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ClarionGatlinburg, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
The Clarion Gatlinburg would like to thank you for posting your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed all the amenities of the King Jacuzzi Suite and the pleasant customer service from our breakfast staff as well as our Front Desk. The location of the hotel makes it very convenient to access and enjoy all that downtown Gatlinburg has to offer. Once again thank you for taking the time to post your comments and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

It may be the host hotel of your next meeting but it's not worth it.
Mat check in an additional fee of $15 per night will be added on to include internet, parking lot security and room cleaning.
Also, the beds aren't all that great. We checked out the next morning and moved across the street to the Hampton inn which had a much lower room rate, free internet, no adgitionsl feed and really nice rooms and beds. I will NEVER again go to the Clarion Inn and suites in Gatlinburg.

• Stayed October 2013
The Clarion Gatlinburg would like to thank you for posting your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. We regret that your stay didn't meet your expectations. Once again thank you for posting your comments.

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!