This was a terrible place to stay. The renovations were no where to be seen. Should have known better when we had to pay up front and the money was non-refundable. Bathroom had cracks in the ceiling - cobwebs on light fixtures, wifi did not work, air dryer did not work-- I could go on and on. We called for a new hair dryer, talked to 4 different people and finally got it after 2 hrs. The general attitude of the management and staff is -- I just don't care. Don't stay at this hotel!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are City Close but Country Quiet. Brookside Resort is just 3 blocks from downtown Gatlinburg, 4/10 mile up on 321 at Light 3. When you’re on the property, it feels like you’re in the country yet a short walk to downtown. The Gatlinburg Trolley stops in front of the office. Most of our large rooms have private streamside balconies and wonderful amenities. Season after season, you will love coming back to Brookside Resort. We take great pride in Brookside Resort and in providing outstanding customer service. We offer a wide range of amenities right here on the grounds. Brookside has a basketball court, Shuffleboard, a Pavilion for covered picnic facilities, a sun deck, BBQ Grills, 2 heated pools, a "River Walk" path along the river. Brookside provides a free hot continental breakfast offering the traditional Southern "Biscuits & Gravy", an Oatmeal Bar with brown sugar, raisans, dried cranberries and pecans, a variety of cold cereal, pastries, orange juice, milk and coffee are available. Brookside Resort was built in 1931, 3 years before the Great Smoky Mountains National Park was declared and was once considered one of Gatlinburg’s premier hotels. Brookside Resort over the years, has been through many transitions. The new management of Brookside Resort has spent tens of thousands of dollars to bring back the exterior charm of Brookside Resort and now are facing the interior renovations with gusto and dedication. The towers now have 39" LED televisions, radio/alarms with phone docks, new carpeting and tiled foyers, Wi-Fi throughout the property, inroom safes, new linens much more to come. The staff at Brookside welcomes you to Gatlinburg!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Brookside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brookside Hotel Gatlinburg
- Brookside Motel Gatlinburg
- Brookside Resort Gatlinburg