As all the other reviewers have stated, this is a throwback to the 70s. However, the room was huge and clean. The king-sized bed was very comfortable. One of the jets didn't work in the jacuzzi tub and none were very powerful, so it was nothing special. My parents stayed in the room next to us and had a fireplace in their room. I kind of liked the atmosphere!
The staff was very helpful. I loved the outdoor balcony overlooking the brook! It's away from the hustle and bustle of the main attractions, which we liked. There is a trolly/bus that stops right in front of the office which will take you practically anywhere you want to go and saves you the money on parking. Would have been nice to have wi-fi or even high speed internet in the room.
Breakfast was nothing to brag about, but it was enough to get us on the road.
- Also Known As:
- Brookside Hotel
- Brookside Hotel Gatlinburg
- Brookside Motel Gatlinburg
- Brookside Resort Gatlinburg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are City Close but Country Quiet. Brookside Resort is just 3 blocks from downtown Gatlinburg, 4/10 mile up on 321 at Light 3. When you’re on the property, it feels like you’re in the country yet a short walk to downtown. The Gatlinburg Trolley stops in front of the office. Most of our large rooms have private streamside balconies and wonderful amenities. Season after season, you will love coming back to Brookside Resort. We take great pride in Brookside Resort and in providing outstanding customer service. We offer a wide range of amenities right here on the grounds. Brookside has a basketball court, Shuffleboard, a Pavilion for covered picnic facilities, a sun deck, BBQ Grills, 2 heated pools, a "River Walk" path along the river. Brookside provides a free hot continental breakfast offering the traditional Southern "Biscuits & Gravy", an Oatmeal Bar with brown sugar, raisans, dried cranberries and pecans, a variety of cold cereal, pastries, orange juice, milk and coffee are available. Brookside Resort was built in 1931, 3 years before the Great Smoky Mountains National Park was declared and was once considered one of Gatlinburg’s premier hotels. Brookside Resort over the years, has been through many transitions. The new management of Brookside Resort has spent tens of thousands of dollars to bring back the exterior charm of Brookside Resort and now are facing the interior renovations with gusto and dedication. The towers now have 39" LED televisions, radio/alarms with phone docks, new carpeting and tiled foyers, Wi-Fi throughout the property, inroom safes, new linens much more to come. The staff at Brookside welcomes you to Gatlinburg!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Brookside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.