Older hotel with spacious rooms, fireplace, balcony overlooking brook. Badly in need of up-grade - carpet was very stained. Beds were clean and comfortable, bath was clean - thouugh fixtures were old, wear/tear on the facility is obvious. Elevator broke down shortly after we arrived. Breakfast didn't start until 8 a.m. Coffee only, and attendent had to keep making it. Toaster kept trowing the circuit breaker. Only fruit were some apples and didn't appear very fresh. Staff was friendly enough, but couldn't get the computer to work to provide a receipt at checkout. Over-priced. Could be a really nice facility with up-grades and then the price would be about right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are City Close but Country Quiet. Brookside Resort is just 3 blocks from downtown Gatlinburg, 4/10 mile up on 321 at Light 3. When you’re on the property, it feels like you’re in the country yet a short walk to downtown. The Gatlinburg Trolley stops in front of the office. Most of our large rooms have private streamside balconies and wonderful amenities. Season after season, you will love coming back to Brookside Resort. We take great pride in Brookside Resort and in providing outstanding customer service. We offer a wide range of amenities right here on the grounds. Brookside has a basketball court, Shuffleboard, a Pavilion for covered picnic facilities, a sun deck, BBQ Grills, 2 heated pools, a "River Walk" path along the river. Brookside provides a free hot continental breakfast offering the traditional Southern "Biscuits & Gravy", an Oatmeal Bar with brown sugar, raisans, dried cranberries and pecans, a variety of cold cereal, pastries, orange juice, milk and coffee are available. Brookside Resort was built in 1931, 3 years before the Great Smoky Mountains National Park was declared and was once considered one of Gatlinburg’s premier hotels. Brookside Resort over the years, has been through many transitions. The new management of Brookside Resort has spent tens of thousands of dollars to bring back the exterior charm of Brookside Resort and now are facing the interior renovations with gusto and dedication. The towers now have 39" LED televisions, radio/alarms with phone docks, new carpeting and tiled foyers, Wi-Fi throughout the property, inroom safes, new linens much more to come. The staff at Brookside welcomes you to Gatlinburg!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Brookside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brookside Hotel Gatlinburg
- Brookside Motel Gatlinburg
- Brookside Resort Gatlinburg