“Complete Attention To Detail.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eight Gables Inn

You added Eight Gables Inn to your Saves list
Eight Gables Inn
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   219 North Mountain Trail, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Ranked #4 of 13 Gatlinburg B&B and Inns
Macon, IL
“Complete Attention To Detail.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Someone Obviously Spends A Create Deal Of TimeThinking "What Else Can We Do To Please Our Customers", Then implements the ideas then has the leadership to keep them going. The room was very clean the service was always cheerful. We would certainly return.

• Stayed March 2014
EGIGM, Manager at Eight Gables Inn, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Christine,

We are happy that you selected the Eight Gables Inn for your stay in
Gatlinburg. I appreciate your mention of the customer service that you
received during your stay and we are glad that you noticed a certain
personal touch! We take pride in our Inn in every aspect from how clean the
rooms are to our great staff! We appreciate your review and appreciate your
stay with us! The staff and I are looking forward to seeing you again in the
future.

Kind Regards & Safe Travels,
865-430-3344, gm@eightgables.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

We went to Gatlinburg on a couples get away to celebrate my husbands birthday. The room we stayed in was not in the main building which was nice, as it had a private entrance. It was quiet and relaxing. The bathroom was big with a large whirlpool bathtub, which we needed after hiking all day. The bed was as comfortable as my own bed at home.

Loved that I didn't hear screaming babies or have to contend with little kids like I probably would have in a larger chain hotel.

The only complaint I have was we had to hunt down the staff in order to check in. Upon arrival it looked like the place was vacant, but like I said, this was our first time at a bed and breakfast so this could be the norm.

Meals were great and kept us full throughout the morning hours. I loved the variety and wasn't dissappointed.

All in all it was a wonderful stay, and I wish we could have stayed an extra couple of days.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
EGIGM, Manager at Eight Gables Inn, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
You are very welcome! Thank YOU for taking the time to post a review about your experience at Eight Gables Inn. I am pleased to hear that you had a great time and enjoyed the various amenities. I’ll pass along your compliments to the staff.

My apologies for the oversight at breakfast. If you visit us again (which I hope you do!) please let your server know of your dietary restrictions – it is sometimes difficult for them to keep track of each request and remember day-to-day each guest’s preferences. We do have many vegetarian options that we would have been pleased to offer as a substitute.

Also, we are working on the WiFi issues this week. Next time you visit us you will have the ability to stream videos.

Thanks again for the review!

Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

My husband and I spent several days at Eight Gables. We had a great time the staff was friendly, warm, and helpful. The other guests were also friendly. I enjoyed the candy bar, tea selection,and flavored coffee creamers. We felt welcomed during our entire stay. Our room was clean, the common areas always were clean and pleasantly smelled. My only complaint is that several times; during booking, during check-in, and at breakfast my husband and I mentioned that I do not eat beef or pork. Yet, somehow everyday it was forgotten. There was always some form of beef or pork on my plate. It wasn't a big deal I simply gave it to my husband.

Room Tip: Wireless isn't the best for streaming, but they do have DVD players in every room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
EGIGM, Manager at Eight Gables Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2014

Thanks again for the review!

Delafield, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We were looking forward to a restful stop on our journey south and reserved a room at this inn. The weather was unseasonably cold and snowy, not something Gatlinburg is used to. The staff was friendly upon our arrival and directed us up a steep incline to a driveway to the building where our room was located. We knew immediately that our room was not accessible given the snow covered steep drive and returned to the main inn, where we were offered a room in the back of the building. As we settled in we noticed the rather drab condition of the room, with dated, cheap furnishings, old bedding that your grandmother might use, very dated bathroom fixtures with rust and stains complete with silk flower arrangements to collect dust. When our dessert was delivered, it was two day old cheesecake covered in plastic film. The HVAC system was gritty and left us with bulging red eyes in the morning. All in all, an expensive overnight that was less enticing than a hotel chain. This is not what we have come to expect from B & B inns at this price level. Most disappointing however was the breakfast. We have had amazing meals at other inns, so we were surprised to be served canned mandarin oranges as our fruit course, followed by scrambled eggs, precooked bacon (think jerky), and greasy hash browns. At least Denny's asks you how you want your eggs and they come with toast. The property has potential that is not currently being achieved.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
EGIGM, Manager at Eight Gables Inn, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Hello Cindy,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your visit with us at Eight Gables Inn. Please know that we value all comments from our guests, whether positive or negative, as we continually do all that we can to maintain and improve the services that we provide. I was disappointed to hear that your visit was not the usual exceptional experience the majority of our guests enjoy.

Each of our rooms is unique and we offer a variety of décor styles. The suite you stayed in is a favorite of many of our repeat guests. However, it sounds like this particular style of décor was not to your liking and I apologize that you found it disappointing. I will look into the HVAC issue that you mentioned – thank you for bringing that to my attention.

I’m also sorry that you found the dessert and breakfast lacking. I can assure you that the bacon was freshly cooked that morning, and that the cheesecake (which we procure from a local bakery) was not two days old. Nevertheless, I regret that you did not enjoy your meal.

Thank you for your compliment regarding the friendly staff. I’ll be sure to pass it on to the team here.

Again, thank you again for your comments. If you would like to discuss your visit further, please don’t hesitate to contact me by calling 865-430-3344 or emailing gm@eightgables.com.

Best,
Mt. Pleasant
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Wow..what an amazing place! Great service, quiet and quaint...and the desserts....FABULOUS! Everyone was super friendly and ready and willing to help with anything you need. I didn't want to leave! Will most definitely be returning.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
EGIGM, Manager at Eight Gables Inn, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your recent visit with us! I’ll make sure to let my team know about your positive experience. I’m happy that you enjoyed your visit with us, had a relaxing time, and that you enjoyed the desserts! I look forward to seeing you again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

A nice quality bed and breakfast in a terrific location. It was easy to find, convenient to gatlinburg, the smokies, and pigeon forge, but was quiet and private. Staff was great. The main building was where we stayed and the bathrooms are way too small. Out buildings are probably better. Nightly desserts are awesome. Breakfasts are delicious, but there is no wow factor in them. Now owned by a corporation which might make a difference to some

• Stayed February 2014
EGIGM, Manager at Eight Gables Inn, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
First, thank you for posting about your visit with us at Eight Gables Inn. I’m happy to know that you enjoyed the location and desserts and found the breakfasts to be delicious. I’ll pass on your kind comment regarding the staff to the team. I do apologize that the bathrooms were too small for your liking.

You are correct; we are now a member of the Beachtree Properties family of inns and hotels. However, we still provide personalized care to each one of our guests and strive to maintain the high standards that have been in place for this property since opening in 1991.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your review. I hope you’re able to return for another visit!

Hiawassee, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We couldn't have been happier anywhere in the area. We spend a great deal of time in the area and always like to try something new. It was a spectacular experience from the moment we walked in the door. The staff is very friendly, helpful and informative. The room was impeccable with all the necessary amenities. It was my wife's birthday and I'd ordered the romance package. Beautiful dozen roses upon entry, couples massage in the room, turn down service, rose petals on bed at turn down w/ chocolate covered strawberries and a heart shaped homemade birthday cake. My wife was very impressed so I earned big brownie points. Thanks to the entire staff. Breakfast was tasty, hot and unique. We'll be back soon.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the cottage rooms. Very quiet and would be perfect for a family reunion or larg...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
EGIGM, Manager at Eight Gables Inn, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Hello Mike and Denise,

I’m so pleased that you chose to celebrate Denise’s birthday at Eight Gables Inn and that the Romance Package was a hit! I’ll be sure to pass on your compliments regarding your experience to the staff. We all appreciate the time you took to write about your visit with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

865-430-3344, gm@eightgables.com

Been to Eight Gables Inn? Share your experiences!