“Incredible Buckhorn Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Buckhorn Inn

Save Saved
You added Buckhorn Inn to your Saves list
Buckhorn Inn
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   2140 Tudor Mountain Road, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Ranked #3 of 13 Gatlinburg B&B and Inns
Lenoir City, Tennessee
“Incredible Buckhorn Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband and I went for his birthday for dinner. The food, ambiance, and staff were absolutely incredible. We had the Filet and it was the most tender steak I have ever had. The flavors in everything was simply wonderful. The food is simple but elegant and tasty. The staff are friendly and efficient. The price of the meal was more than fair. The only thing that made me sad was when I had to leave after dinner. I did not want to go home. This place is a real hidden gem. The property was beautiful and wish we would have had more time to explore. I will definitely be back! Best dinner experience we have ever had and at our age, that is saying a lot as often as we travel and dine out. Just Go!!

Room Tip: I am sure any room here would be lovely
Green Features: I feel the staff at this Inn would be very environmentally conscience.

331 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We just stayed in the Bebb House for 2 nights and thorougly enjoyed this historical Inn. The caring and attentive service with owner presence is impressive. The Inn grounds are beautiful to walk. For those less able to wander the hilly property there are rocking chairs on the patio and beautiful mountain views from many windows The meals were excellent. Many thanks to the dedicated owners and all Buckhorn Inn staff (even those behind the scenes) that allowed us to have a wonderful stay. You all certainly have dedicated your hearts and minds to a noble cause in service of others that need a bit of respite.

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Years ago my parents would take us to Gatlinburg TN where my mother studied at one of the artist schools. We would always stay at the Buckhorn Inn just outside of town, and I loved it there. This year my husband and I returned, I must say that Gatlinburg is honky tonk and no longer an artists colony, but the Buckhorn was fantastic! Beautiful rooms, lovely staff, total quiet. Places to walk and read, and just relax. The breakfasts were beyond belief, so much that I had to ask for only a half portion. Dinner was a highlight. Our five days there were lovely. It is true that you can't go back again, but thanks to the Buckhorn some of my memories were restored!

Room Tip: The main inn, especially those rooms over looking the pond.
Green Features: They seemed to be excellent at saving the environment.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I had a generous gift certificate to this fabulous inn about 5 miles from Gatlinburg; otherwise, we might not have known about it even though we live only an hour's drive away in Knoxville. We celebrated our anniversary there (two nights) and felt like royalty the whole time we were there. The staff is exceptional; the food is absolutely some of the best we have ever had, and we've been around almost as long as this 75-year-old inn. There are rooms in the inn, but we stayed in one of the cottages which was very nice. The gardens are beautiful; nice view of Mt. LeConte; everything is well kept. We certainly intend to return.

Green Features: Unfortunately, did not see opportunities to dispose of recyclables.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I cannot imagine a better bed & breakfast than Buckhorn Inn. My wife and I have stayed there multiple times for special occasions. We are never disappointed. The food is some of the best I have ever had. The staff & service are excellent. They go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The variety of accommodations offer something for everyone. I can recommend without any reservations.

Stayed May 2014
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for two nights and thoroughly enjoyed our visit. Friendly staff,very comfortable rooms and excellent meals. Quiet area somewhat away from the hustle and bustle of Gatlinburg so if you want to be able to walk to the main thoroughfare of downtown you would need to stay somewhere closer. We were greeted by the lady innkeeper who gave us a rundown of the walks around the property and was very knowledgeable about the area. Unfortunately we never got to talk with John, the Innkeeper, we had many questions for him but he appeared to be unavailable when he returned on the morning of our departure.We ate dinner at the Inn both nights and had very good meals although on both occasions the meat was somewhat overcooked, English style I suppose. The room, the Red Room,was very clean and nicely decorated with comfortable beds. The only negative is that the bathroom is very old and probably needs an upgrade especially the shower. Overall we were not disappointed in the Buckhorn Inn and would highly recommend it. However this is not the place to stay if you have small children. Although they do permit children in the cottages away from the main inn.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed 2 nights. Romantic-get-a-way!
Dinner: 4 course meal; Had dinner both nights. Food excellent; great pace at dinner; we never felt rushed. It was the first time in years that we had dinner and relaxed the whole time.
If can travel during the week (Sunday-Thursday) ask for "Iced Tea" (in summer) or "Hot Chocolate" (in winter) special. Includes: 2 nits; 2 dinners; 2 breakfasts. Awesome deal!
Breakfast daily: 8am--9:30am; Will even deliver breakfast to your room if requested.
Even though kids are welcomed, this is more of a couples retreat; quiet & relaxing.
Ask kitchen for a bag of lettuce and you can feed the swan by the pond. We did this daily; nice walk to pond.

Room Tip: Premier rooms have balcony; rms. #1&2 have Mtn. views. Cottages have screened in porches; cott...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Buckhorn Inn? Share your experiences!