My husband and I spent our honeymoon at Zoder's, June 10-15. As with most hotels, there were good parts and some not so good parts.
1. The staff was wonderful. We checked in at about 2 in the morning after a long
Drive from Louisiana. The desk attendant knew who we were and check in was a breeze. Our first room had a broken A/C, but the attendant took immediate care of us and has us in a new room in under a half hour. Everyone was nice and helpful throughout our stay.
2. We booked a dream suite, I believe. The room was very spacious. A great king sized bed with the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on in a hotel. It is a soft mattress so if you like firm beds, you might not have been as happy as me. There was a nice hot tub in the room as well as a quaint fire place. Lovely! The bathroom was pretty dated, though. Weird setup and tiny tiny bathroom. The design didn't really match the rest of the room. Also, not all of the electrical outlets worked. Minor issues for us. The room overall was great.
3. Private parking lot that lets out closer to town. Fantastic! Zoder's is located a little out of the way from the main strip (Parkway) of Gatlinburg, but this parking lot let out right on the edge of the main drag. It's a perk for the upgraded rooms, however. Note that.
4. Food. Breakfast was probably my biggest let down of this hotel. From 6-10 in the morning, it was glorified elementary school cafeteria food. Little box cereals and bagged oatmeals, basic toast or bagels or hard boiled eggs. Juice was available but only basic apple or orange. For the price range of this hotel, I did expect something a bit higher in quality. A waffle maker at least...
5. Amenities. The outside pool was cute and the indoor pool was nice. There is supposed to be a waterfall wall for the indoor pool but we never saw the waterfall working. Perhaps they were fixing something? The rec room looked more than adequate, and there were racket ball courts! Fun!
6. The views. This was the best part I think, aside from the amazing bed and hot tub. There is a gorgeous creek that runs through this property. Some rooms are built right over it and some are built into the hillside over looking it all. We had a higher built room. On the creek bank there are picnic areas and lounging areas. Even a place to grill out if you want! So beautiful and peaceful!
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. Beautiful scenery, comfort level through the roof and great staff. Just update the bathrooms and breakfast and this hotel would be a six star gem.