“Enjoyed my stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Gatlinburg Smoky Mountains

You added Motel 6 Gatlinburg Smoky Mountains to your Saves list
Motel 6 Gatlinburg Smoky Mountains
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   309 Ownby Street, I-40 at US-441, Exit #407, Gatlinburg, TN 37738 (Formerly Red Roof Inn)   |
Ranked #52 of 86 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Nashville, Tennessee
“Enjoyed my stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was surprised when I checked in. I stayed in a pet friendly room and it had hard wood floors. Great ideal. The room was clean and had no smell of animals. The staff at this location was very friendly and helped with anything I needed. I wish all pet friendly motels were as well taken care of.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Salvisa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have stayed at this motel December, 2012...January, 2013....February, 2013. Very friendly owners and staff, pet friendly, very clean, newly remodeled rooms, good location (at the edge of the park entrance, just inside city limits). Really could not ask for more. Would recommend to anyone looking for a place to stay in Gatlinburg, TN. The price of the room is great also. Well within my budget so that I am able to come back again and again! This motel can't be beat!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Norwalk, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed with family for a week here during 4th of july...... room had microwave and mini fridge.... not the cleanest but ok... always take some type of cleaner with you to hotels.... it might look clean but that doesnt mean it is. We only took housekeeping service one day bc my daughter wet the bed.... and it was good... clean sheets and towels... we did find one hair in the bed and the bathroom wasnt the greatest but nobodys perfect..... we did not complain.... boyfriends mom had problems in her room with the shower head.... was taken care of promptly... we are going back this year and staying here bc they allow pets... has a swimming pool and surrounded by tress off the main road.

• Stayed July 2012
Jacksonville, AL, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed here for only one night before going to our cabin. The room was clean & roomy enough. There was a jacuzzi in the room but we would have had to pay extra to turn it on. Since we were going to a cabin with a jacuzzi & hottub, we didn't care about that. There was a microwave & refrigerator which was very nice! The cost was only $30.00 so that was a plus. The bed was very cozy.
We were surprised at the shower. In the room we were in, it was 'short' for lack of a better word. My husband in only 5'7" & I am a short 5'2" and it barely worked for us. In the picture I post you will see what I mean. Another thing, our room did not have a hair dryer. We did not bring a dryer because most hotels have one so be sure you bring one because you are going to need it! There is a stream on one side of the motel & just a parking area on the other, so I suggest if you like scenery, request a room facing the stream. I noticed that the pool is on the stream side so that would be nice in the summer months. All in all, a nice clean motel for a good price!

Room Tip: Request a room facing the stream & remember to bring a hair dryer
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were pleased with the price, friendly, convenient & pet friendly motel! The staff was friendly. Easy booking! Very convenient to Downtown Gatlinburg! The room was remodeled & clean!!! The only downsides were: no blow dryer, ironing board & iron.
But overall, Great Bargain & Can't beat the pet fee $10!!! We'll DEF recommend this hotel!!!

Room Tip: All rooms were remodeled & clean!!! Super Nice!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Columbia,SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed at this Motel 6 while vacationing this past week in Galtliburg, TN. I had booked the room on line and once we found it (it had once been a Red Roof Inn) I was glad I did! It was off the main drag and was very quiet at night! I've read so many revsiews where folks complain about the noise at various hotels/motels I found this quite a relief!

The front desk people were very very friendly and helpful in helping us find new places to eat and attractions that we had not been to in previous visits to the Gatlinburg/Pidgeon Forge area.

The only thing I can find fault with is that they did not serve a continental breakfast but only had coffee available in the morning. We were told there was a new pancake place just down the street and told the food was excellent. We had breakfast there for 3 mornings in a row!

I would highly recommend this Motel 6 to friends and family headed up to the Gatlinburg/Pidgeon Forge area!

Room Tip: Book on line when you can and as early as you can we were able to stay at this Motel 6 for three nig...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I am by no means a hotel snob. I enjoy staying anywhere as long as it is clean and safe. My last trip to Gatlinburg I was looking to find a place that allowed pets. This happened to be one of the only places that allows them. I thought I would give them a try. The room was only $40.00 and I knew it wouldnt be a Four Seasons.

Check in and check out was nice but that's all. When we entered the room I could smell previous dogs. They obviously put me in a dog friendly room but it had not been cleaned well. I then pulled back the sheets because I was worried for bugs. I didnt see any so I was at ease... for a moment.

I went to the bathroom and found a dead roach by the toilet. Ok, it was dead, better than alive I guess. Until that evening when I was getting ready to go out and a live one crawled along the headboard of the bed. I felt sorry for my dogs that had to stay there during the day with bugs. Granted you are in Gatlinburg, in the woods, in a $40.00 room but live roaches should not be there. Thank goodness I was there for only one night. I expressed my concern to the manager and received a response for a 10% discount for my next stay. I will NOT be staying there again. Id rather camp in a tent.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends