“EXCELLENT VALUE!!! GREAT LOCATION!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Gatlinburg Smoky Mountains

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Gatlinburg Smoky Mountains to your Saves list
Motel 6 Gatlinburg Smoky Mountains
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   309 Ownby Street, I-40 at US-441, Exit #407, Gatlinburg, TN 37738 (Formerly Red Roof Inn)   |
Ranked #41 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Marietta, Georgia
“EXCELLENT VALUE!!! GREAT LOCATION!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were pleased with the price, friendly, convenient & pet friendly motel! The staff was friendly. Easy booking! Very convenient to Downtown Gatlinburg! The room was remodeled & clean!!! The only downsides were: no blow dryer, ironing board & iron.
But overall, Great Bargain & Can't beat the pet fee $10!!! We'll DEF recommend this hotel!!!

Room Tip: All rooms were remodeled & clean!!! Super Nice!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Columbia,SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed at this Motel 6 while vacationing this past week in Galtliburg, TN. I had booked the room on line and once we found it (it had once been a Red Roof Inn) I was glad I did! It was off the main drag and was very quiet at night! I've read so many revsiews where folks complain about the noise at various hotels/motels I found this quite a relief!

The front desk people were very very friendly and helpful in helping us find new places to eat and attractions that we had not been to in previous visits to the Gatlinburg/Pidgeon Forge area.

The only thing I can find fault with is that they did not serve a continental breakfast but only had coffee available in the morning. We were told there was a new pancake place just down the street and told the food was excellent. We had breakfast there for 3 mornings in a row!

I would highly recommend this Motel 6 to friends and family headed up to the Gatlinburg/Pidgeon Forge area!

Room Tip: Book on line when you can and as early as you can we were able to stay at this Motel 6 for three nig...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I am by no means a hotel snob. I enjoy staying anywhere as long as it is clean and safe. My last trip to Gatlinburg I was looking to find a place that allowed pets. This happened to be one of the only places that allows them. I thought I would give them a try. The room was only $40.00 and I knew it wouldnt be a Four Seasons.

Check in and check out was nice but that's all. When we entered the room I could smell previous dogs. They obviously put me in a dog friendly room but it had not been cleaned well. I then pulled back the sheets because I was worried for bugs. I didnt see any so I was at ease... for a moment.

I went to the bathroom and found a dead roach by the toilet. Ok, it was dead, better than alive I guess. Until that evening when I was getting ready to go out and a live one crawled along the headboard of the bed. I felt sorry for my dogs that had to stay there during the day with bugs. Granted you are in Gatlinburg, in the woods, in a $40.00 room but live roaches should not be there. Thank goodness I was there for only one night. I expressed my concern to the manager and received a response for a 10% discount for my next stay. I will NOT be staying there again. Id rather camp in a tent.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Napa, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We planned to stay 3 nights to see Dollywood and the surrounding area. We stayed at Motel 6 because they are dog friendly. We are from California so we have stayed at Motel 6 on our trip accross the country. This Motel 6 was very nice, big rooms and it had a microwave and a small refrig. We enjoyed it so much that we extended our stay one more night. It is not a fancy motel but it had all the essentials. The staff was great and they went out of their way to help us when we had a problem because one of our dogs lost it's rabies tag. Thanks to them, we got to go to Dollywood. Next time we go to Gatlinburg, we plan to stay at this motel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

was going to stay at motel 6 in gatlinburg with my girlfriend.. made the reservation with my debit card we arrived at motel 6 after 3 pm we saw the room didn't like the fridge the freezer was to small for our ice packs for our pop i told the girl we'll pass
went to Tennessee Mountain Lodge.. i check my bank account thursday night they took money out says right here If guaranteed with your credit card, your reservation will be held all night for your arrival. If you are unable to guarantee your reservation, your room will be held until 6:00PM
was there way before then was told the machine took my money out bull and never receive a cancellation number motel 6 on ownby st is independly owned we was the told the mgr can do what ever he wanted, so latnight i filed a complaint with the BBB he sent me a voucher to my email account, stay away from this motel 6 in gatlinburg

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I LOVE this location. I've stayed there two times, and I already have a reservation to go back! It is very clean and nice. Walking distance to everything (unless you're lazy). I have recommended this place to all my friends and family!

• Stayed November 2012
Hillsborough, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

The hotel room was dirty with trash hidden in various places and hair everywhere. It is also dated. The Internet is available, but we were unable to access it because the signal was not strong enough. Breakfast is not available at the hotel; you have to walk to their sister hotel to eat.

Positives...
Location is good. Not in the strip so it is quiet. The rooms have balconies that overlook a creek. Very peaceful.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Motel 6 Gatlinburg Smoky Mountains? Share your experiences!