“Always a great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marshall's Creek Rest Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Marshall's Creek Rest Motel
You added Marshall's Creek Rest Motel to your Saves list
313 Baskins Creek Rd, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Ranked #4 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Always a great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2014

This was our first time staying at Marshall's outside of the summer months and it was still great. You can't beat the cleanliness, value, proximity to the main drag, and homely feel. The staff is very friendly. This is the only place we stay in Gatlinburg.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Santa Claus, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2014

We stayed from 11/22 to 11/26. First let me say we typically stay in a cabin but since it was just the hubby and I we thought we'd like to be able to walk into town and wanted to try something different.

This is a very basic motel room. On the small side with only a double bed. Bathroom is small with no outlets. I had to unplug the tv daily in order to do my hair. Then I had to unplug the alarm clock and move the bed away from the wall in order to charge my phone. In fairness there was another outlet by the small fridge but my hubby had his junk plugged in there.

There is a fridge, microwave, and the tv is a flat screen.

It was clean when we arrived as everyone else has noted. However, not so much after that. On the first day we actually spilled drinks in two different places and cleaned up as best we could, but it left sticky spots which remained there the entire stay. Also an empty soda can had rolled under the bedside table, it remained there for 2 days until I finally picked it up.

The location was fine- easy walk into town. It looked neat and clean outside as well. And it was cheap.

I feel bad writing this as I am sure the owner is very nice, but just to warn others this is not really a number 1 motel. It's just an average, actually below average- in terms of space, outlets, and daily cleaning-that is affordable. If that is what you are looking for then this place is great, but if you want to come back to your room and relax a bit it's not the best environment.

We won't stay again. Sorry.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Bristol, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2014

My husband and I stayed here about 3 months ago and loved the price and location. So when my company decided to plan a trip to Gatlinburg for the holidays I automatically thought about Marshall's Creek Rest. When I called to book one night for Dec 21. I was told that it was a 3 night minimum. I've never traveled that close to christmas before so I completely understand this policy, but when I told her it was for a company party and would be booking 6-10 rooms she laughed, said not one more word and hung up. I've read so many reviews where people were treated like family when staying here but wow the least she could have said was that she was sorry or something instead of acting like I was wasting her time.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Kimberly, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

Just spoke with Ms. Trentham tonight concerning a phone call from a "friend" of mine named Kristy stating the I had told them that Marshall's Creek was closing. Let me make it clear. Marshall's Creek is not closing. I would have no clue if they were closing.

So with that said please consider staying at Marshall's Creek. They treat you like family and would love to see you. I would recommend them for everyone.

Lori

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

We recently spent a week at Marshall's for the first time. Everything positive that has been said by reviewers is true. It's like the motels from when I was a kid in the late 50's---very basic, very clean, very relaxing-- and cheap! Loved having our own parking space right outside our room, too! My only "gripe" was having clean towels stored on top of the toilet tank. All I could picture was people flushing the toilet while the lid was up and droplets sprayed onto the towels. Ugh! I know I'm a germaphobe, but it's just not a good spot to put clean towels. There were towels on a bar over the toilet, also. Apart from that minor issue, we really enjoyed our stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. We would rather have the money that we saved to spend on other activities.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014 via mobile

A no-frills motel with an old-world charm (wood paneling on the walls, quilted pastel bead spreads...). Nice, clean room with really comfortable beds. The room had an ac, heater, small fridge, tv, and a microwave, but no wifi. Also, our fridge was not turned on when we checked in, but that was fixed immediately. The bathroom was small, but clean. Perfect location...a very short walk to the Parkway; but far enough to ensure some peace and quiet. Taking the bypass behind the hotel also ensures you can avoid all the parkway traffic when you want to get in and out of the town. Great value for money.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Mobile, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

I'm on the way back AGAIN ! Have stayed 5-6 years in fall but missed since 2011. Always enjoyed Marshall's. Back to past a little but excellent, clean, friendly family folks, has microwave, mini-fridge and whole place is CLEAN! Going up Friday, Oct. 31 for another glorious week!

Room Tip: All are excellent!