“secret ! don't tell anyone ! .....but your home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marshall's Creek Rest Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Prices are for rooms, adults
Marshall's Creek Rest Motel
Save Saved
You added Marshall's Creek Rest Motel to your Saves list
313 Baskins Creek Rd, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Ranked #1 of 86 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Cleveland, Tennessee, United States
“secret ! don't tell anyone ! .....but your home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

me and my wife needed a one night get-a-way from the kids and our regular lives. had a great stay . I really enjoy talking to the other guest as we sit on porch or by the creek . I met a man from Alabama who said he had been staying her since 1979 ! wow ! This motel is family owned and family run , I've stayed here many times and will be staying again in 2 weeks. always clean. plenty of hot water, close walk to parkway . one last thing . when the two ladies that clean the rooms know your name. "your home"

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Pensacola, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Love, love this motor inn. Enjoy sitting on the porch outside of your room and listening to the river. It's a close walk to the strip too. Rooms are extremely clean and I like the fact there are no phones in the rooms. Can't wait to go back soon.

• Stayed July 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

It definitely has a retro feel to it, but all of the reviews are right on! Very clean room, pool was great for the kiddos, nice staff, short walk to aquarium and everything else. Would stay here again! Glad I could give my kids a little taste of what vacation was like when I was a kid!

• Stayed July 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

On my trips to the Smokies, I'm basically looking for a place to sleep and take a shower since I'm out in the mountains all day. Prices at most places during the summer are high, but Marshall's Creek Rest was quite affordable.

I arrived late in the evening. The office was already closed, but they had left my room information and key for me. The room is basic, as others have said, with no wi-fi and no telephones. It was very clean, the bed was comfortable, and it was perfect for my needs.

As others have mentioned, it's a short walk to the Parkway and all of the restaurants, etc. There's also a trolley stop nearby for those who don't want to walk.

I was very pleased with my stay here, especially at the price. I will definitely be back to Marshall's Creek Rest.

Room Tip: Make your reservations well in advance. There are only 20 rooms at this property (all ground level).
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Townsend, TN, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Quaint hotel with a great location near downtown. Rooms are a bit dated but you can't ask for a cleaner or friendlier hotel! Great place to stay! Area was quiet. Easy access to downtown as well as the trolley route. Pool was refreshing.

• Stayed June 2013
Arab, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was introduced to this quaint little motel about 10 years ago by some wonderful friends! While the wife, and our motorcycle friends enjoy another motel near by, when I'm traveling by myself or with the wife, I always enjoy staying here. It's kinda like a well kept secret I enjoy keeping to ourselves. While it may be a fairly old motel, the owners have kept this place up to date, including flat screen HDTV's! The rooms have a fridge and microwave, the bathrooms are clean as well as the room and property. Sitting by the creek is great, and the pool is crystal clear! The rates are great, the staff is friendly, and the location is within walking distance of downtown. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you're staying the night or a whole week. Thanks guys for your hospitality!

Room Tip: They have rooms that have a main room and a separate bedroom if you need privacy from the kids or tr...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My family started going to Gatlinburg sometime between '68 and '72. We discovered this little oasis of peace and quiet on our first trip there, and have gone back as often as possible since. Marshall's Creek was a place you could depend on to be clean, quiet and reasonably priced. It's in walking distance of almost everywhere you could want to go in the city, and a short trolly ride to farther destinations. Lonnie and Clyde were like uncles we kids didn't have. i miss this place every week of my life and hope to someday manage to get by to my hotel in the town I love so much! Maybe this summer!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Marshall's Creek Rest Motel? Share your experiences!