“Clean, quite, & Friendly!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marshall's Creek Rest Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Marshall's Creek Rest Motel
You added Marshall's Creek Rest Motel to your Saves list
313 Baskins Creek Rd, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Ranked #2 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Arab, Alabama
“Clean, quite, & Friendly!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was introduced to this quaint little motel about 10 years ago by some wonderful friends! While the wife, and our motorcycle friends enjoy another motel near by, when I'm traveling by myself or with the wife, I always enjoy staying here. It's kinda like a well kept secret I enjoy keeping to ourselves. While it may be a fairly old motel, the owners have kept this place up to date, including flat screen HDTV's! The rooms have a fridge and microwave, the bathrooms are clean as well as the room and property. Sitting by the creek is great, and the pool is crystal clear! The rates are great, the staff is friendly, and the location is within walking distance of downtown. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you're staying the night or a whole week. Thanks guys for your hospitality!

Room Tip: They have rooms that have a main room and a separate bedroom if you need privacy from the kids or tr...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My family started going to Gatlinburg sometime between '68 and '72. We discovered this little oasis of peace and quiet on our first trip there, and have gone back as often as possible since. Marshall's Creek was a place you could depend on to be clean, quiet and reasonably priced. It's in walking distance of almost everywhere you could want to go in the city, and a short trolly ride to farther destinations. Lonnie and Clyde were like uncles we kids didn't have. i miss this place every week of my life and hope to someday manage to get by to my hotel in the town I love so much! Maybe this summer!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Armuchee, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was our second stay at Marshall's. We stayed there a couple years ago and were pleased, but we were treated very rudely by an older woman (owner) and avoided it for a while. We decided to try again because it is a very clean place and the rates can't be beat. This time the rude lady wasn't around and the only staff we encountered was friendly as can be. Marshall's reminds me of the places where I stayed with my family growing up in the 1970's- very cozy and homey, extremely clean. If you are the kind of person that must have a very fancy, modern hotel, you would not do well here. BUT- if you are a couple or family on a budget who just needs a clean, quiet place to stay, this is your place! We live a couple hours away from the Smokies and visit fairly often. We will definitely come back here again.

Room Tip: The two bedroom unit is really nice- more room! BUt the smaller rooms are fine, too.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I always stay at Creek Rest. Short walk to restaurants, shops et al. Quaint. Quiet. They now have mocrowave and small frig in rooms. Very reasonable!!!! A motel reminiscent of how Gatlinburg once was, a nice getaway in the mountains. If you are looking for ritz and glitz, not for you. Too bad.

Room Tip: The "upper" numbers are at the "quiet" end.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Cleveland, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

nice family owned place, this was our second time staying here, will stay many more times. The rooms are a little small , but clean ! had flat screen tv's , We love the screen doors on all the rooms . and within easy walking distance to the parkway . about a block from the Donut friar that opens at 5am , good coffee and donuts .

Room Tip: they are all good , they do have 1 larger room with 2 bedrooms just ask.
Supply, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have traveled to Gatlinburg, TN many times for vacation. My last time was with my parents who always stay at Marshall's Creek Rest Motel. I enjoy staying there simply because it is a small family-owned motel that is not trying to be anything fancy, just a good place to stay. It reminds me of when I was a little boy and we traveled. In the 60's, all the motels were basically like this, prior to the large chain hotels coming to more rural areas. The rooms are simple but clean. There is a refrigerator, microwave and nice flat screen TV in the rooms. The staff is always ready to help out. The other guests are most likely to be seen sitting in front of their rooms in the chairs provided so people can get to meet each other. That part I like. If you like a simple, clean, somewhat "retro" experience, this place is for you.

Room Tip: The rooms we we stayed in had 2 beds, but there was an adjoining room available for a small fee so 3...
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My wife and I used to visit Gatlinburg, often. We used to stay at the Park Vista. Well, we haven't been in 9 years, Since then, Park Vista has been updated....along with their prices. Too much, just for a room to sleep in, which is all you're going to need it for when staying in Gatlinburg. So, I went to Trip Advisor to take a look at what some folks had to say about some other places. Everybody had great things to say about Marshall's, and there were a few photos posted by previous guests. Marshall's looks like the kind of motels that my family stayed in when we travelled the U.S. when I was a kid, so, I thought it would be kind of cool to let our young son experience that on his first trip to Gatlinburg. We didn't know what to really expect, but I can tell you this much, Marshall's far exceeded our expectations. The staff is wonderful. The owners are wonderful. The place is spotlessly clean. It is quiet and relaxing and only a few blocks off of the main drag in Gatlinburg. It's a short walk from the motel to the main drag, and you come out smack dab in the middle of the main drag. This place is great. I would put in more positive comments, but, I don't want all of you rushing to book here, as we will be back and we don't want all of the rooms taken up. As far as I'm concerned, Marshall's is the ONLY place that we will stay during our future trips to Gatlinburg. We stayed 6 nights for LESS than we would have paid for just 2 nights at the Park Vista!!! What a super value, and, no phones, no wi-fi, just a nice, quiet, clean place to relax. That's what a vacation should be. Unplug and unwind. That's exactly what we did. Marshall's is perfect.

Room Tip: Book as far in advance as you can. There are only 20 rooms and the place is always full.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Marshall's Creek Rest Motel? Share your experiences!