“Enjoy living out of suitcase?.” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn & Suites Gatlinburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 Hemlock Street, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Ranked #29 of 86 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Madison, Alabama
“Enjoy living out of suitcase?.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed in kingsize suite. There was absolutely NO drawer space. Nice tv and bed was comfortable. Room was clean. The was no place to sit a computer. Three hard chairs to sit in. The worse part was no space to storage your clothes. We could not unpack our suitcase.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and I (and our dog, Maggie) recently stayed at this Red Roof Inn in Gatlinburg. We were on the 6th floor and had a wonderful view of the mountains and the river from our wrap around balcony. The room had a fireplace, king size four poster bed with a very comfy mattress, a flat screen TV, microwave and refrigerator. The carpeting appeared to be quite new. Our stay was very enjoyable, and we plan to stay here again on our next visit to Gatlinburg. And, I forgot to mention that the price was great!

Franklin, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stayed here once before, but this time we got a room that has been updated with a flat screen TV and thick comfortable beds and pillows. The place was nice and clean. First dog was free and they charged $10 for the second dog, but the total price was still good. All rooms have a nice little balcony with patio chairs and table.

Only complaint is that they don't start serving breakfast until 7:30 and we never hang around that late.

Lexington, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We had stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago and were very pleased. I had read so many negative reviews and was questioning if it could have went that bad that quick... But we had a king size room with a fireplace and a great view. The room was very clean and the mattress was new and very comfy. We took our lil shitzu and he loved the huge room, he would just run around. The breakfast was k to b a free breakfast with gravy and biscuits and waffles and cereal and fresh fruit... The room had no order nor did it smell around the outside. We were very pleased with the room and the price... This is a clean and comfty place...

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is a cozy, friendly, pet friendly hotel. NO PET SMELL AT ALL. Yes a little dated, but clean. I would stay there again and would not think twice about it. It is not the Hilton, neither is the price. With pets and as clean and odder free as my room was. I was pleased, with everything. Plush? no, but clean comfy? YES and that is what I wanted. You can't go wrong staying here. The price is RIGHT and you are close to everything. OH and the bed slept like a dream, I wanted to stay in it all day!!!

Room Tip: I didn't use the restaurant but the free breakfast was nice. I didn't work out, but I am sur...
Daytona Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Wish this hotel had lived up to its name. Most Red Roof Inns are clean. This property is run down and dilapidated. The rooms barely pass for remodeled. The staff promised the room early. We came at the appointed time and the room was not ready. We returned at the appointed time and the room was still not ready. Finally got into the room after 5:00 p.m. Two full hours after check-in. Was promised an entertainment package by the front desk. When I arrived they re-nigged on their offer. Poor and pitiful situation. Enter at your own risk!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
General_Manager_740, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Gatlinburg, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We at the Red Roof Inn & suites have taken your comments seriously. We are sorry that your room was not cleaned at the given time .
Are motel renovation is starting from Jan-2014. We have just put inn new mattresses & 40" LED TV.
We would also like to tell our future guest that we have never ever advertised or promised entertainment packages.
Once again we are sorry for what happened but we are also committed to serve our guest better for good hospitality
Somerset, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My sister and I spent a week (Oct. 19-26) and had a wonderful time. The hotel was great, they were very accommodating with anything that I requested. It was wonderful to travel with my dog and not have to board him. I booked early and asked for a room close to parking and they put me in a room right off of where I parked. I really appreciated that. Housekeeping was great and anytime I needed towels, toilet paper, etc. I had no problem in getting them right away. The front desk staff were so friendly and helpful. The room was clean, and I loved the balcony and fireplace. Price was very reasonable for the stay and I will definitely stay again on my next trip. No negative comments here. Everything is was very positive. Thank you Red Roof Inn for a wonderful and memorable trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. We're so glad you had a great time at Red roof inn & Suites Gatlinburg . I will be sure to pass along your compliments!! We look forward to your next visit