This was a solid value for the price. It is located on city walk "2" in downtown Gatlinburg. You can literally walk into town in just 25 min. and not have to worry about overpriced parking. Furthermore, there is a the Gatlinburg FREE shuttle bus to utilize should you tire. The rooms are one of the largest available through the Red Roof properties. Super idea for a family of four as kids don't get in the way. Something unheard of during vacation hotel hopping.
Breakfast is offered and is accompanied by waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereals and such. The first breakfast I encountered that lasts till 10:00 am! Great for those who are not up at the crack of dawn.
Rooms are a bit old and don't match site pictures. Not on the regular rate anyway. Possibly the suites offer a bit more luxury. Could not get over the musty "old building smell" that seemed to permeate everything even the walkways. Did ask the management about this and they said they have been having quite a bit of rain lately. I'm not sure if this is the case.
Another patron suggested a can of Febreeze as they were having the same issues.
Also, this is not the typical FREE pet stay at the Red Roof advertised. I was shocked to see another pet fee included in my check out bill. They allow ONE pet UNDER 75lb.
Great views from the balcony!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red Roof Gatlinburg Aquarium is located near Great Smoky Mountain National Park, the busiest of all national parks with over 9 million visitors each year. The park offers endless outdoor activities such as downhill snow skiing, class IV whitewater rafting, golf, hiking options from 600 miles of trails, and fishing in hundreds of miles of streams. Relax at Red Roof Gatlinburg Aquarium while you’re enjoying all Gatlinburg’s restaurants, family fun museums (such as Ripley’s Believe It or Not and Hollywood Star Car Museum), Dollywood Amusement Park, Splash Country, Dixie Stampede, and many, many other great attractions, fun for young and old. Year round events and concerts combine to make Gatlinburg a true entertainment destination in the beauty of the Smoky Mountains. Come enjoy Gatlinburg and Red Roof Gatlinburg Aquarium’s southern hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Red Roof Inn, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Red Roof Inn & Suites Gatlinburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn And Suites Gatlinburg - Aquarium
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Gatlinburg - Aquarium Hotel Gatlinburg
- Wildwood Hotel Gatlinburg