“don't stay here!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 86 hotels in Gatlinburg
Douglasville, Georgia, United States
“don't stay here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

need to remodel. very uncomfortable mattress. cobwebs, grey worn dingy towels....overpriced the appearance is unkempt, and besides that the roof is blue and rusted.the hotel is pet friendly and is close to downtown gatlinburg.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

280 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
LAS VEGAS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I was concerned after reading mixed reviews for the two Red Roof Inns in Gatlinburgh. I changed my reservation to the Hemlock Street one after reading the Convention Center location was noted as dirty by several guests. What I can say is the location is beautiful. It sits off the main road up higher on a hill and has great views from most of the rooms. The rooms are large and clean. Beds were comfortable, sheets were a little worn, but fine. Breakfast was included but was carb heavy. Waffles, bagels, cereal.....sigh. Would I stay again? Absolutely.

Room Tip: If you are not traveling with a pet, ask for the 7th floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was over priced when compared to others in the area with similar amenities. Property was not well maintained with attention to pool and landscaping being needed. The housekeeping services were very poor. Towels had to be repeatedly requested, beds were not made and linens were not changed during our stay. We will not stay at a Red Roof Inn again.

• Stayed October 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was skeptical about booking because of the recent bad reviews, but I have always liked Red Roof so I bit the bullet. We were so happy with our room!! It had everything and was very very clean. Actually one of the cleanest places Ive ever stayed. Im extremely picky about bathroom cleanliness and i couldn't find much wrong here. The jacuzzi tub was great! It was clean, and worked well. The fireplace was gorgeous and our balcony wrapped around the building and overlooked the mountains. We had a microwave and a mini fridge, which we did not expect. The room was perfect. Would've loved to stay a few more days!

• Stayed October 2012
alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on October 12,13,&14th 2012. I didn't know what to expect after reding the reviews, and I almost cancelled. I kept my reservattion because we travel alot, and I have never stayed at a Red Roof Inn I was disappointed in. We have stayed in various name brand chains, and they all seem to differ, but I was not wrong in staying here. We were in room 707. The room was very nice, the bed was comfortable. It was clean, no odor, no fleas, nice view from the balcony. My 4 year old twin boys loved seeing dogs around the place. The boys loved the bear waffles for breakfast! We left to go to another place after three nights because I had bought a groupon to another local place, but believe me, I wish I had paid the extra 20 bucks per night and just stayed here because that was the most miserable three nights my husband and I had!! For the location, price, and comfort, do not hesitate to choose this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Troy, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was my first time traveling to Gatlinburg with a pet and this motel was very accomodating. Excellent facilities for dog walking.
The room was very large which was perfect for me and my daughter.
We stayed for five nights (October 15th through 19th) and I did not encounter any of the issues concerning cleanliness that have been mentioned in previous reviews.
It is an older motel (was the Wildwood Inn years ago, that is why the roof is blue) with dark cabinetry and carpets. Perhaps this is giving some people the perception of the rooms not being clean.
I would not hesitate to recommend this motel to others and have already.
It was not the most luxurious place I have ever stayed, but was perfect for a family vacation.
The beds were a bit hard for my taste, but if you are into firmer mattresses they would be fine for you.

Room Tip: Fourth floor has great parking lot access. Ask if they have a themed room available. So fun!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

After reading the reviews on tripadvisor.com, I was hesitant about booking a room here, but the other group in my party went ahead and booked here. I went ahead and booked a theme room for two nights. The room layout wasn't bad, but there was an obvious pet smell. Upon first entering the room, I immediately checked the bed, and I didn't find any bedbugs. I checked around the bathroom for signs of roaches, and I didn't see any of those either. Not much of our time was spent in the room as most of the time we were sightseeing. On the morning of our departure, my wife was in the bathroom and screamed. There were fleas all over the place. I went out on the balcony and checked my clothing, and sure enough, I found several more on my pant legs. We found several more in/on our luggage on the drive home. We ended up bug bombing our car with our luggage still inside before bringing any of it inside our house. I will not stay there ever again, and unless you are desperate to find a place that allows pets, I recommend you all to stay away. We did not take our dogs on this trip, and this was the first time I've had to worry about giving my dogs fleas and not vice versa.

Side note: Our remaining party's room smelled worse, and there was an abundance of spiders on the balcony.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
General_Manager_740, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Gatlinburg, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I apologize for your experience at our inn and I wish I would have known of this sooner while you were a guest here. The comfort of our guests is our top priority and we take any and all concerns very seriously. Our entire team here takes all action to make sure that we not only meeting our guests expectations but exceeding them as well. We will continue to do so and hope you will provide us an opportunity to show you that the next time you are in town

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Gatlinburg? Share your experiences!