“Awesome room, great rates, definitely worth another visit, wish could've stayed longer” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Gatlinburg

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Gatlinburg to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Gatlinburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 Hemlock Street, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Ranked #33 of 86 Hotels in Gatlinburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was skeptical about booking because of the recent bad reviews, but I have always liked Red Roof so I bit the bullet. We were so happy with our room!! It had everything and was very very clean. Actually one of the cleanest places Ive ever stayed. Im extremely picky about bathroom cleanliness and i couldn't find much wrong here. The jacuzzi tub was great! It was clean, and worked well. The fireplace was gorgeous and our balcony wrapped around the building and overlooked the mountains. We had a microwave and a mini fridge, which we did not expect. The room was perfect. Would've loved to stay a few more days!

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on October 12,13,&14th 2012. I didn't know what to expect after reding the reviews, and I almost cancelled. I kept my reservattion because we travel alot, and I have never stayed at a Red Roof Inn I was disappointed in. We have stayed in various name brand chains, and they all seem to differ, but I was not wrong in staying here. We were in room 707. The room was very nice, the bed was comfortable. It was clean, no odor, no fleas, nice view from the balcony. My 4 year old twin boys loved seeing dogs around the place. The boys loved the bear waffles for breakfast! We left to go to another place after three nights because I had bought a groupon to another local place, but believe me, I wish I had paid the extra 20 bucks per night and just stayed here because that was the most miserable three nights my husband and I had!! For the location, price, and comfort, do not hesitate to choose this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Troy, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was my first time traveling to Gatlinburg with a pet and this motel was very accomodating. Excellent facilities for dog walking.
The room was very large which was perfect for me and my daughter.
We stayed for five nights (October 15th through 19th) and I did not encounter any of the issues concerning cleanliness that have been mentioned in previous reviews.
It is an older motel (was the Wildwood Inn years ago, that is why the roof is blue) with dark cabinetry and carpets. Perhaps this is giving some people the perception of the rooms not being clean.
I would not hesitate to recommend this motel to others and have already.
It was not the most luxurious place I have ever stayed, but was perfect for a family vacation.
The beds were a bit hard for my taste, but if you are into firmer mattresses they would be fine for you.

Room Tip: Fourth floor has great parking lot access. Ask if they have a themed room available. So fun!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

After reading the reviews on tripadvisor.com, I was hesitant about booking a room here, but the other group in my party went ahead and booked here. I went ahead and booked a theme room for two nights. The room layout wasn't bad, but there was an obvious pet smell. Upon first entering the room, I immediately checked the bed, and I didn't find any bedbugs. I checked around the bathroom for signs of roaches, and I didn't see any of those either. Not much of our time was spent in the room as most of the time we were sightseeing. On the morning of our departure, my wife was in the bathroom and screamed. There were fleas all over the place. I went out on the balcony and checked my clothing, and sure enough, I found several more on my pant legs. We found several more in/on our luggage on the drive home. We ended up bug bombing our car with our luggage still inside before bringing any of it inside our house. I will not stay there ever again, and unless you are desperate to find a place that allows pets, I recommend you all to stay away. We did not take our dogs on this trip, and this was the first time I've had to worry about giving my dogs fleas and not vice versa.

Side note: Our remaining party's room smelled worse, and there was an abundance of spiders on the balcony.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
General_Manager_740, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Gatlinburg, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I apologize for your experience at our inn and I wish I would have known of this sooner while you were a guest here. The comfort of our guests is our top priority and we take any and all concerns very seriously. Our entire team here takes all action to make sure that we not only meeting our guests expectations but exceeding them as well. We will continue to do so and hope you will provide us an opportunity to show you that the next time you are in town
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

First of all, I am done booking hotels with you Expedia. This is the last time I will be given a piece of you know what hotel room, the worst in the building, because I booked it through your company for the exact same price the hotel offers on their website. The hotels can see ahead of time if you book with Expedia and I am convinced after this latest experience (since I can't remember the last positive Expedia booking I've had) that once they see it's an Expedia booking, they punish you by not booking through them directly and give you the worst room in the house. Back in the day when I first started using Expedia and other similar sites, I actually saved money. Nowadays it's the exact same price as the hotel's website. So why use Expedia esp. when the hotel is the one that chooses the room they give you (not Expedia) and what is advertised on Expedia is not what the hotel front desk gives you in the end. No, they see Expedia and they pick the worst in the lot and that's the room you end up with. This happens EVERY time. I think I saved one dollar this time, and yet I was given a room with a view of the parking lot and AC unit, dirty beds that clearly had not been changed/washed in a long time (had hairs, dead bugs and dirt smears on the sheets), used toilet paper still sitting on the bathroom floor, roaches on the sink when I woke up in the morning, a pool that was closed even though this was not advertised on the site nor on the hotel's website and not even told to us upon check in....in fact they still keep it bubbling and lit up at night so you think you can use it until you walk to it in your bathing suit only to see a tiny sign that says closed for the season, light switches in our room that don't work, and I could go on and on. Oh yeah, and thin walls too...yet I can handle hearing everythiing in my neighbor's room, but what I cannot handle is a dirty, bed bug/roach infested room. I am beyond disgusted and am convinced I am going to catch some disease just from using the toilet because if the bed sheets weren't even clean I can only imagine the rest of the place. It advertises itself as having a kitchenette...so let's just clarify. It's a motel room with a micro and a fridge. Nothing else. The "cabinets" in the kitchenette for whatever food or utensiles you might want to store (since they are empty) are filthy, and the cabinets underneath where we put our luggage were full of cobwebs and god knows what else. We left no food out and threw our trash every night in the outside bin and yet still woke up to two roaches on our counter. I can only imagine the last time the carpet or bedspreads/blankets were clean. I understand this is a pet friendly hotel (I had my cat so that is why I booked here) but there are lots of pet friendly hotels that don't equal flea bag roach hotels. I have never been more disgusted by any hotel. I am shocked that this is a a Red Roof Inn and not a "red light district" motel instead. I am so grossed out I have taken two showers and still feel I need another one. The ONLY nice thing I can say is that it looks much nicer on the outside, the couple who greeted us when we arrived the first night were very helpful and nice, and we had a fireplace. Other than that, it was disgusting. And I still paid $60 bucks plus tax per night. I am fine with motels, I am not fine with dirty disgusting not clean motels. For the condition of our room we should have paid $30 per night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
General_Manager_740, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Gatlinburg, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
I apologize for the experience that you had while a guest at our inn. Our goal is to not only meet the expectations of guest but to exceed them, no matter where they booked their stay. We strive to provide a nice place at a nice price and based on the comments and reviews here we can see that this experience is not the norm for our team and I have spoken to them to ensure we are all working to continue to provide not only the best guest experience but the best room experience as well. I hope you will give us an opportunity to show you our commitment to this the next time you are in town.
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the red roof inn. The location was near all of the attractions that we wanted too see. All within walking distance. The rooms were big, and quiet. The people at the front desk were so nice and whatever we needed they either had or knew where we could get it. Next time we go to Gatlingburg, this is where we will stay. They also allow small pets for free.

Room Tip: Corner suites are so large, and quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Wendover, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is the 3rd time we've stayed here. The rooms are a little outdated but clean. The bed was a little uncomfortable but usable. The staff is friendly and very helpful if you need advise on what to do or directions. The dog walk is fantastic. There is breakfast but mostly sweet cereal or waffles. [Not good for people who watch their dietary intake.] The walk to town is about a half mile but the trolley stop is at the end of the road. We wouldn't hesitate to visit here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Gatlinburg? Share your experiences!