After reading the reviews on tripadvisor.com, I was hesitant about booking a room here, but the other group in my party went ahead and booked here. I went ahead and booked a theme room for two nights. The room layout wasn't bad, but there was an obvious pet smell. Upon first entering the room, I immediately checked the bed, and I didn't find any bedbugs. I checked around the bathroom for signs of roaches, and I didn't see any of those either. Not much of our time was spent in the room as most of the time we were sightseeing. On the morning of our departure, my wife was in the bathroom and screamed. There were fleas all over the place. I went out on the balcony and checked my clothing, and sure enough, I found several more on my pant legs. We found several more in/on our luggage on the drive home. We ended up bug bombing our car with our luggage still inside before bringing any of it inside our house. I will not stay there ever again, and unless you are desperate to find a place that allows pets, I recommend you all to stay away. We did not take our dogs on this trip, and this was the first time I've had to worry about giving my dogs fleas and not vice versa.
Side note: Our remaining party's room smelled worse, and there was an abundance of spiders on the balcony.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Gatlinburg. We are right across " Gatlinburg Mountain Coaster" and also 1.5 Mile near to Great Smoky Mountain National Park, the busiest of all national parks with over 9 million visitors each year. The park offers endless outdoor activities such as downhill snow skiing, class IV whitewater rafting, golf, hiking options from 600 miles of trails, and fishing in hundreds of miles of streams. Relax at Red Roof Inn & Suites Gatlinburg while you're enjoying all Gatlinburg's restaurants, family fun museums (such as Ripley's Believe It or Not and Hollywood Star Car Museum), Dollywood Amusement Park, Splash Country, Dixie Stampede, and many, many other great attractions, fun for young and old. Year round events and concerts combine to make Gatlinburg a true entertainment destination in the beauty of the Smoky Mountains. Come enjoy Gatlinburg and Red Roof Gatlinburg Aquarium's southern hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Red Roof Inn, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Red Roof Inn & Suites Gatlinburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn And Suites Gatlinburg - Aquarium
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Gatlinburg - Aquarium Hotel Gatlinburg
- Wildwood Hotel Gatlinburg