First off I don't know if we got lucky but I have no clue as to why people are bashing this place because we had a pretty good experience Labor Day weekend. First of all we arrived into town several hours before check-in time. Tired with no energy to sight see after our drive we figured we'd ask if they had early check-in. We would've been happy with anything prior to 3 but they let us check in then and there. Great service by the front desk! The rooms were actually a lot better than I expected from prior reviews. The beds were pretty clean and comfortable and the fireplace was a nice touch (though not needed obviously). I would've liked a more private balcony facing the woods but I understand some rooms face the front of the property so no biggie. The A/C was on so the room was nice and cool. In my opinion the room was rather spacious as well. I admit the property isn't next door to the aquarium but the walk isn't bad at all so I really don't get all the complaints. Plus there's a trolley stop right in front of you don't want to walk or drive into town. I will say don't even bother wasting your time with the so called breakfast. The woman working was rude as heck and acted like the customers were in her way as she did her work. I literally had to wait for her to get done with the tongs as she re-stocked the bagels when all I needed was 1 and she saw me waiting!! My girlfriend almost busted her butt on the super slippery floor and the rude breakfast lady didn't even bother to ask if she was ok. The biscuits and gravy are the worse thing I ever tasted in my life and since I'm not a kid I wasn't impressed with the waffles either. So needless to say coffee and juice is all they were good for in that aspect. I wish the pool was open a little later because it would've been nice to relax after coming back after a busy day but I guess you can't expect an outdoor pool to be open too late. Both of the ice machines ended up going down during our stay but not at the same time. We personally had no wi-fi issues at all to my surprise. All in all as long as I could get the same type of deal I'd stay here again because though we paid a "value price" things were above my expectations but I'd never pay the prices I've saw listed other places to stay here. Don't expect five star but a pretty decent place to stay for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red Roof Gatlinburg Aquarium is located near Great Smoky Mountain National Park, the busiest of all national parks with over 9 million visitors each year. The park offers endless outdoor activities such as downhill snow skiing, class IV whitewater rafting, golf, hiking options from 600 miles of trails, and fishing in hundreds of miles of streams. Relax at Red Roof Gatlinburg Aquarium while you’re enjoying all Gatlinburg’s restaurants, family fun museums (such as Ripley’s Believe It or Not and Hollywood Star Car Museum), Dollywood Amusement Park, Splash Country, Dixie Stampede, and many, many other great attractions, fun for young and old. Year round events and concerts combine to make Gatlinburg a true entertainment destination in the beauty of the Smoky Mountains. Come enjoy Gatlinburg and Red Roof Gatlinburg Aquarium’s southern hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Red Roof Inn, Tingo, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Red Roof Inn & Suites Gatlinburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Gatlinburg - Aquarium Hotel Gatlinburg
- Red Roof Inn And Suites Gatlinburg - Aquarium
- Wildwood Hotel Gatlinburg