“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 88 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Lexington, Kentucky
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great location, walk 1/2 mile to the downtown shops; decent price; pet/dog friendly; nice pool and hot tub. Some reviews for this hotel are not so good; we found it to be a good place and an even better value.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Fayetteville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I'll keep this briefer than most of my reviews. Our room was excellent. Clean and roomy with comfortable bed. It's not the Hilton, but you know that when you book it. It's a great stay for a great value. It's in good proximity to all that's happening in Gatlinburg but put your walking shoes on as it's not right in the middle of the strip. We knew that as well when we booked it so not knocking it. Just know that before you book. Breakfast was served, small continental but ok. Lots of the king suite rooms have a different theme. Ours was like a Samurai/Asian theme. I really don't care about stuff like that, but other people may. Friendly staff. Overall great stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Beautiful kept grounds, room was nice and clean, pool was cleaned every morning, front desk provided excellent customer service, Breakfast was very good and plentiful, Our room had full kitchen and that was very clean, they even provided pots and pans and utensils and flatware, bed was comfortable. Hotel is in walking distance to all the fun downtown, we walked to everything didn't need to use our car!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sylva, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed in room 411 this weekend and it was very clean. No animal smells or odors.We had a very pleasant stay with no complaints. Very friendly staff and owner. The breakfast was free and saved us money from going out. The pool was clean and best of all the hotel is animal friendly. There is enough parking so I don't understand these bad reviews that I read. I would stay here again and the price was right. For those that wish to stay on the strip or next to the aquarium then pay the price to do so. I will plan several more weekend getaways there.

Thanks,

Jim

Room Tip: Stay in room # 411
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I got 2 adjoining rooms for myself and spouse as well as 3 teens. Paid $60 for the night then when I called to see about staying another night, they tried to change the price to $89 even after I'd already checked in. Finally got that settled. Rooms are old and dated but appeared fairly clean. Location is a long walk to where all the shops and restaurants are. Pool closes at 9:00 (awfully early in the summer months). Elevator was possibly the slowest one I've ever encountered; we were on the 6th floor and the kids would walk down the stairs faster than we could take the elevator. My spouses bed and mine were fine but the teens complained that theirs were rock hard and uncomfortable. I spoke with 3 other families at various times while waiting for the elevator and they all had problems with their rooms smelling of pet urine (Red Roof Inns do allow pets) and hard mattresses. One lady said her husband was a police officer and he had his crime scene blacklight in the car so they used it to check the cleanliness of their room since she was afraid of bedbugs...she was on her way to the lobby to get her money back and leave. I didn't want to know what the black light showed. Eww. The breakfast was nice with waffles and all the other normal stuff. This is a mixed review because of what I heard from other guests and also the need for a major remodel to update the place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Bluff City, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

On 6/23/12 I stayed at this hotel with my family. It was a HORRIBLE experience!! The wifi didn't work which my husband needed for his job, there was sawdust all over our floor and bathroom in our room, the pillows were harder than bricks, the air didn't work, and worst of all I awoke in the middle of the night to roaches yes I said roaches crawling on me!! I was mortified!! Needless to say we didn't eat there complimentary breakfast and left ASAP! Corporate needs to step in and fix the issues in this hotel!! They have lost me as a customer!!!! It was just an all around horrible experience!!

Room Tip: Stay at own risk!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We booked a 2 queen suite fireplace room for two adults and two small children. Upon arrival we were told their pack and play was unavailable "they only have one".. not a huge problem. However, we get up to our room and it has a musty old aroma, green doors, brown dirty dirty carpet, dirty old brown bedspreads and NO fireplace. We call down to the desk to have the man tell us we are only missing a fireplace and its summer so why do we need one?? Well because we paid for that room, How irritating! He refused to change our rooms insisting we didn't need the fireplace and ontop of it they charged my credit card twice!!! We have backaches from the hard beds and rock hard pillows, parking is horrible and its not close enough to the strip to walk pushing a stroller. Altogether just a horrible place and experience.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Gatlinburg? Share your experiences!