“Good Place but overpriced” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Twin Creek RV Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Twin Creek RV Resort
1202 East Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
London, Ky
“Good Place but overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

We have stayed in several RV parks in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge area. Twin Creek is very nice a very well upkept place but they rule you to death. There is a huge list of rules and regulations. It kind of reminds me of high school. They also have a charge for everything. One rule they have is you have to put flat peices of wood under your leveling jacks and then if you dont have wood to use under jacks they will have it at your campsite on your arrival for you to use. Which I thought this was a good idea to keep damage from occuring on thier blacktop, however then they want to charge a fee for using there wood ?????They even charge if you have a visitor stop by for a visit, keep in mind it is a nice place but not that nice. They are very nice and friendly but the seem to have the idea they are the only place in the area to camp. The sites are a little close but in this area that is normal. We will not come back here to camp because there are many other places that are not near the price and offer the same things as Twin Creek. I would consider other RV parks in the area and use this one as a last resort. But once agin it is a pretty place, just not worth the money, very overpriced......

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

In our opinion Twin Creek should have a #1 rating! We have stayed at Twin Creek for 28 years. The first 24 years were in motor homes and the last 4 have been in their wonderful cabins. Without a doubt Twin Creek is by far the "BEST" campground anywhere. For years we would go every holiday and for 2 weeks in October. We have given numerous brochures away recommending Twin Creek to everyone we meet. Twin Creek is very clean and immaculate, from the bath house, to the pool, the cabins and just the whole area. We like the convenient location to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. The owners and staff are like family away from home!! We always look forward to going to Twin Creek. Our children and now our grandson still enjoy going back. Now that we stay in the cabins we still enjoy seeing friends we have met through the years and of course, "Rocking on the Porch". We plan to return in October. Paul & Pat from Nashville.

Key Largo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

After reading some negative reviews I almost didn't stay here, but there were to many good ones, so we gave it a shot,,,and I'm glad we did! This is a beautifully maintained resort. The people in charge were very friendly, and outgoing. We enjoyed the place so much that we extended our stay. It's very conveniently located. When we come back we will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Newburgh, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

My wife and I live in southern Indiana. We recently celebrated our 47th anniversary in Gatlinburg and stayed at Twin Creek RV Resort. The folks there are friendly and work hard to keep the Resort clean and well-kept. They went out of their way and 'above and beyond' to make our week's stay the most enjoyable of any place yet. They were kind, professional, accomodating and genuinely made us feel that they were glad we chose Twin Creek. They genuinely cared about making every aspect of our stay a wonderful experience.

Twin Creek is conviently located very near Gatlinburg at a trolley stop. With the high cost of fuel, the 50-cent trolley fee to Gatlinburg is a fantastic value!

We've stayed at Twin Creek before and have always found the same great service and atmosphere! We plan to stay at Twin Creek RV Resort again and again!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Shelbyville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Since I was a child, my family and I have stayed at Twin Creek often. Now it's a tradition with my spouse. The park is the cleanest RV park we have ever been to as well as the friendliest.

In regards to their free night stay (purchasing $35.00 in the boutique) isn't a scam. Per night it's approximately $49.00. You're ahead money and plus you get to take something home. I was able to take serveral wonderful items home that are of good quality.

We have a Yorkie who comes with us every year. We don't have any issues with the owners or staff because we follow the rules. The rules Twin Creek has implemented are to protect the owners as well as fellow campers. When you don't establish rules, people (in general) take advantage of that opportunity.

In regards to having children and campground rules, I am happy that these rules are established. I guess those who have an issue with these rules, need to reevaluate their parenting structure.

We have looked at other campgrounds in the area, Twin Creek is the only RV park that has lots of shade, ample space (between sites; parking), free internet, clean shower facilites, and a Trolly Stop. We will not camp any where else in Tennessee. Until Twin Creek decides to close their doors, we will be here every year from here on out. Twin Creek staff treats us like family and gives us a warm-welcoming each year that we pull in. Our only wish is that there were more campgrounds like Twin Creek.

Brunswick, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

I called Twin Creek RV resort in April 2011, as well as a couple of other places in order to plan a vacation trip this July. The people I spoke with on the phone were far and away more polite and friendly than all the others I spoke with. In fact one was "too busy to take my reservations", and then when my wife called the same place the next day they were just as rude to her.

I arrived on Friday July 8, 2011. The office was closed, so they taped not only my paperwork but three others to the door as well, and asked that we check in the next morning, so we did. It was this day that we also picked up the rental car from the resort (Twin Creek has on-site car rentals), but later that morning one of my dogs had to go to the vet for an emergency. The car rental manager let me take the dog in his rental car to the vet, something that was otherwise not allowed. All he asked me to do was lay down a sheet to help keep the dog hair to a minimun. VERY polite and nice fellow that Bill is.

The site I was given was exactly as I had requested, next to one of the creeks so I could hear the water. This was because I had made my reservations far in advance. Any time I had a question about anything, including where to take my sick dog, they were right there to assist me, knowing that we were unfamiliar with the area.

When I could not get the co-axial cable to staytogether in order to watch some TV, It was fixed within the hour.

The prices were in line with other RV sites in the area, it was near downtown Gatlinburg, as well as Pigeon forge, yet far enough away to be quiet and peaceful. The grounds were very clean, the trash collected daily first thing in the morning (8-9 am). If I am ever in Gatlinburg again with my motorhome, yes I WILL stay at Twin Creek RV resort again.

Room Tip: Follow their alternate directions around Pigeon Forge, that was something I wish I had done.