“Not as good as they used to be” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Gatlinburg Falls Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gatlinburg Falls Resort
You added Gatlinburg Falls Resort to your Saves list
1 Cheshire Court, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Not as good as they used to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

In August 2011, my husband and I stayed with Gatlinburg Falls in the cabin "A Rare Find" for our honeymoon. The cabin was beautiful, customer service was outstanding, and the complimentary shampoo, conditioner, and lotion were amazing! I was impressed with their standard of professionalism and how well the cabin was taken care of. With that being said, I was less than impressed when my husband and I returned to Gatlinburg Falls Feb. 25-Mar.1, 2013. We stayed in "Mountain Treasure" at Gatlinburg Falls at the Park. The cabin itself is beautiful, but the customer service we received was HORRIBLE.
Check-in on Monday afternoon was seamless. The clerk was friendly, gave us directions to our cabin, and told us to have a nice vacation. No mention of any problem at the cabin was brought to our attention at all. Approximately an hour after our arrival at the cabin, I notice a man in a truck outside our cabin. I open the door and ask him who he is and why he's there. He said "I'm maintenance, and I'm here to fix the projector for your home theater system." I said "Um, ok, but I wasn't even aware that there was a problem with the home theater system." The clerk at check-in should have alerted us of the problem and told us that maintenance would be coming by that night. We weren't really prepared for anyone to be entering our cabin that night....it is vacation after all.
After working on the system for about 2 hours, he came back upstairs to inform us that he was missing a cable and would have to come back at 10:00 am to finish the job. We were a little frustrated by this since we are not morning people, and we shouldn't have to get up at a certain time on our vacation to let the maintenance man in, but we really wanted the home theater working as soon as possible, so we were more than willing to make the sacrifice. The next morning, we set our alarm, got up to meet the maintenance man....and he never showed up. We made several attempts to contact the office about the problem, but all the calls either went straight to a voice mailbox that was full, or in the rare case that someone would answer, they would say "we are experiencing a high call volume right now, can we please call you back as soon as possible?" Of course, I left my name and number.....and no one ever called me back. Finally, I called them back again and I was able to speak to someone about our situation. They assured us that they put in another work order for maintenance to come out either that night, or at 10 am the next morning. I tried 14 times that day to get a hold of someone that could help us, but I only actually got through just once. (2 nights without the home theater system working).
The next morning, again, we work up early anticipating the maintenance man at 10 am.....he never came. I called the office again, and asked for a supervisor this time. The guest services woman said "Before I get the manager for you, can you tell me about your problem?" I explained the whole situation to her, and before she could offer a solution, our call was cut off. Immediately, I tried to call back to finish our conversation, and a lady answered the phone and said "we are experiencing a high call volume right now, can we please call you back as soon as possible?" At that point, I lost it. I just started balling and told her "no! I am not hanging up until I get someone to listen to our problem!" My husband had to take over my phone call because I was crying so hard. Guest services then contacted the maintenance supervisor, and within 2 hours, he was at our cabin to finally fix the system. Once he left, he assured us that everything was in proper working order. So that night, we rented a few movies and prepared to spend the evening watching movies and relaxing. Unfortunately, when we sat down to watch our movie, a loud screeching noise came from one of the surround sound speakers, and we were unable to get it to stop. At that point, we were so frustrated at the whole situation, we just gave up on the theater system, and tried to make the best out of our last days there. We had been planning this vacation for over a year, and the last thing we wanted to do was spend it either waiting for a maintenance man, or on the phone with guest services. It really ruins the romance when you are always waiting for the maintenance man to knock on the door. For our trouble, we were offered 10% off our next stay. Of course, we declined because after this horrible experience, we will never use Gatlinburg Falls resort ever again. They do not offer refunds on broken amenities, but it would be in their best interest to hire a maintenance staff that can handle the demands of all the cabins they manage. The next time I go to the Smokies, I will be seeking out a company that still takes pride in their customer service and actually reaches the level of excellence claimed to be held by Gatlinburg Falls Resort.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
toccoa ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom cabin called Amazing Grace in the park view resort. The cabin was very clean with plenty of games for entertainment.( pool,pinball,arcade) The furniture was a little worn and the bed was not very comfortable. We were not very happy with the location being across from the main check in/out lodge. We did research the cabins before we made reservations and this one was a little more expensive so we felt it would be in a better location. There was a lot of traffic and people parking at our cabin due to the fact it was directly across from the lodge. A few small things would go wrong and could never get cabin phone to work so I thought I would walk over to lodge but it seemed to always be locked. We have stayed at this resort before and were offered discount coupons (one month ago to be exact) but this time we stayed longer and thought they might be useful but they no longer offered them. The resort also use to stock the cabins with the best shampoo,soaps,lotions that I believe we're locally made but they also no longer do that and have replaced them with your ordinary cheap generic soap. I was most disturbed by the customer service. The staff would have much rather talked on the phone then check me in. Then acted as if I was bothersome by asking generic questions when no one else was around. i would have most definitely given the resort a higher rating but this was our sixth time staying with the resort and it is starting to really show some wear and tear also my biggest pet peeve is customer service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Me and my feonsa and our girls 6 & 14 months stayed in cabin #38 at legacy mountain resort a rare find. The cabin was wonderful and had every thing we wanted and the view was amazing. The hot tub nob was missing and the staff there was really nice and took care of the problem. We loved it alot and had fun. We had plenty of room for my youngest babys play pen in the game room right out of the master bedroom. I would recomend this to any one.

Jason morgan
Ashley graves
Legacy mountain resort
#38 a rare find

• Stayed March 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed at Gatlinburg Falls Resorts last February and had a fabulous experience. It was well worth the price. The cabin was clean and beautiful and even the little things like the extra blankets, wonderful smelling shampoos, lotions, and soaps in each bathrooms. The lotion smelled so good, we purchased a bottle in the office for sale. We stayed a week, and got a good deal on the price, and stayed an extra night. I was more than happy to book our trip there again bc I honestly thought I knew what to expect. We got a one bedroom cabin called "Heaven's View" this time. With the discount we were supposed to receive for being prior guests, & the free night you get when you pay for 5, the price still ended up being more than what we paid for a 2 bedroom last year, at the exact same prior dates. I was told that management changed prices from time to time as an explanation. We checked in at night, & had to wait 25 minutes bc the customer service reps were on the phone & the other trying to assist some frat boys who didn't want to pay the full price. We were on a different side of the resort this time, and the map they gave us was not helpful. We had a hard time finding the cabin. We didn't pack shampoo & conditioner bc I knew there would be some we could use until we got to Walmart the next day. There was none. No lotion, shampoo, conditioner. I called to ask the front and was told they no longer do that, you now had to purchase the large bottles in the office for $20 a piece. I went and bought some lotion and sent my husband to Walmart for shampoo and conditioner and soap. I didn't pay attention until I went to use the lotion that it was conditioner. They no longer sell the lotion. Put my two daughters in the bathtub that looked clean upon first glance, until I moved the shower door and dirt and mildew washed out from the door track into the tub. And the hot water didn't work. I called the desk again and told that housekeeping would come the next day and take care of it. The downstairs shower still has no working hot water, the knob on the video game doesn't work, the DVD player doesn't work, all of the extra linens left are bottom sheets only. The cabin next to us is the fraternity kids, and they are very loud. Here's the best part, every morning, a bird dive-bombs into the bedroom window repeatedly. Has happened every morning at 7am and goes on for hours. The cabin is nice, but not as nice as the last one and MUCH smaller. Much. Not even close to the same experience as last year, yet more expensive. We will stay elsewhere next year.

• Stayed February 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Every year we go visit the the resort and will continue to do so. The last stay was our 15 year anniversary and we woke to big snow flakes falling it was great and our grandchildren love it as well. they get so excited when they find out we are going.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Statesboro, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

3 couples we in the area planning a reunion for the fall. One had found " a deal " online, 4 nights for price of 3. I thought it was reserved through smokeymountaincabins or something like that. When visiting with a agent at GatlinburgFalls Resort about the fall visit we found the booking/phone people to be same,same. In other words agent for many different resorts and cabins spread all over. Our contact was most helpful trying to plan the right site for our needs. When we bought up issues with our current cabin (Million Dollar View) she explained she could only report , it was up to the owner to fix. Cabin was clean but in need of maintenance. Downstairs bathrooms for sure. Lot's of trash , bottles , cans on the hillside. Would not stay in the cabin again. Would not want to find this cabin in the dark without a lot of help. GPS was confused, cell phone navigation saved the day. Written directions were confusing. Read reviews,ask questions,don't arrive late. You will be OK.Bring a mattress cover if you what the crappy sheets to stay on the bed. In Feb.cold in the basement. An extra blanket wouldn't hurt. There were blankets just not very good or very many.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
GatlinburgCabins, Manager at Gatlinburg Falls Resort, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
We regret that your stay with us was less than impeccable, and apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused during your stay. Please allow us the opportunity to address the issues you have previously stated. We manage cabins within our own resort, as well as other properties. In an effort to keep from confusion, we have a couple of different websites. We apologize for the misunderstanding. Our records do indicate that you booked 4 nights and were given the price of 2 which was the current special.

Our maintenance staff if available 24 hours a day and strive to address all calls within the same day. The hot water issue was reported, but the repair unfortunately required and extended timeframe to correct. Due to this inconvenience, we were able to offer you a free night returning for your next stay on top of your preferred guest discount of 10%. However, we do not have any record of the extra linens needed or a heating and air issue. We will look into these immediately. We are one of the few management companies which offer 24 hours guest services. In the future, should you have any requests, we can be reached anytime. Our guests are our most important asset and we appreciate you taking the time to inform us of how we can improve and better ourselves. Your concerns have been noted and will be taken seriously. We do hope to be given the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Time Out was our very first cabin we stayed in at GFR many years ago...friendliness of the staff, location of resort to Gatlinburg and cleanliness of the resort has us coming back every year and sometimes even twice in a year. We will be returning real soon. Thank you GFR for the wonderful facilities and comforts of home. :)

Room Tip: for a couples weekend stay at Time Out :)