“Missed the Mark...And insulted me!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Gatlinburg Falls Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gatlinburg Falls Resort
You added Gatlinburg Falls Resort to your Saves list
1 Cheshire Court, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Missed the Mark...And insulted me!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I booked what should have been a romantic weekend getaway here this past weekend, Oct 19-21 2012.When we arrived we were pleased with the property and received good customer service at check in. The cabin was pretty on the inside and outside. The few positives…Now lets get to the cons. Upon walking in there was a faint smell of pot in the kitchen and open areas. In the master bedroom there was a faint smell of cigarettes. This was the first thing we would mention as the cabins are smoke free and we did not want to be held responsible and charged fees when we were not the guilty party. I could have dealt with the smell but unfortunately this is not were the mishaps ended. I went to take a shower in the morning. I am 5’1. They brag about the multi head showers. However if you are short forget it. They apparently are only meant for tall people. I was unpleasantly squirted in the face. So I went to turn those jets off and they would not turn off. After that I go to brush my teeth and the sink is stopped up. THIS IS NOT the luxury experience I was hoping for…nor worth the “military discount” rate of $560 for 2 nights!!!!
We stopped by the front desk to let them know about the smell, the sink, and the shower. So after spending the day downtown we come home late that night to a note that says they fixed the sink but the shower is not able to be fixed until Monday. Seriously???? After we leave they can fix it.
Now let me get to some other mentions…I don’t understand the layout of these cabins. The pictures show a nice heart shaped tub but what they don’t let you know is that it is on the “kids” level. Yes you read that right. The outside hot tub and the heart shaped Jacuzzi tub are on the downstairs level where the bunk beds, game tables, and video games are located. The master suite is on the top floor. So if you want to get romantic with your significant other in the heart shaped tub you better hope no one else is staying with you and be prepared to have to move floors to get to your bedroom.
I guess the downstairs shower is the one they expected me to use. Because being inconvenienced on my expensive romantic getaway is exactly what I paid for. Not to mention that the shower doors on the shower were off the top rack and did not even have a bottom rack. And the Jacuzzi tub was missing a cap on one of the water jets. Does this sound like “The Finest Luxury”?
The hot tub outside is NOT private. We could see right into our neighbor’s dining room and they could see us. There is a privacy wall up on one side but not the other. This makes no sense! As well as the jet placement in the outdoor hot tub. Ridiculous!!!
The video arcade game had old school games and we were excited. However the controller malfunctioned and did not go up. Try playing Pacman, Donkey Kong, and Frogger when you can’t make your guy move up. It sucks! We went to play pool and one of the pool sticks that were placed on the table to play with literally fell apart when I picked it up. The screw hole had been completely stripped. They had to have noticed this when they set up the display. Last but not least the air hockey table had a cracked handle.
Bottom line…bad decisions in design and poor upkeep.
I completed my comment card, took it to the office, and specifically asked for a manager to review it. On the card I requested to be contacted. Not hearing anything I called and asked to speak with a manager today. She basically told me that like with a house things happen. She said she was sorry they could not fix the shower while we were there. I am thinking that if someone was renting my house for $280 a night and things weren’t working right I would not charge them full price. But was there any gesture or compensation made to us…NOPE. Oh wait they will give me 15% off next time I stay. First of all repeat guest get 10% off. So the mishaps and experience of having to deal with all this crap on our vacation is worth 5% off our next stay. I DON’T THINK SO!!!! What an insult.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GatlinburgCabins, Front Office Manager at Gatlinburg Falls Resort, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
We would like to thank you very much for your review. Knowing these things helps us prevent them in the future. Gatlinburg Falls Resort does have someone on call 24 hours to help deal with these issues even after hours. We strive to get these things fixed just as quickly as possible for you. However we have no records of your issues you have reported here.

The cigarette smell from the previous occupant and though the cabin was cleaned, sometimes these smells can stay for a little while. The previous guest has since been charged for smoking in the cabin. If we were informed of the situation, we would have been happy to send someone to the cabin to remove the odor. Unfortunately the Jacuzzi location and the size of the shower head is not something that we can control as a management company. I apologize that these posed an inconvenience during your stay. Some cabins such as yours like to utilize more space to give a more open feel. We are sorry this did not meet your expectations.

We apologize if you feel you were insulted in any way. As we strive to earn guests for a lifetime. To discuss this further please call Daniel Ford the Front Office Manager at 1-866-34-SMOKY. Thank you for your time and we hope to service you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Jasper, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

On October 18-21, 2012, a group of us (4 couples) rented Greenbrier Grace from Gatlinburg Falls Resort, which proved to be a disaster from the start. The cabin was rented in early September. No pictures were provided on the website but we went on faith. We rented a 5 bedroom, five bath cabin. When we arrived we saw a television (not new, but dated) in every room. When we attempted to watch the news, we discovered that there was no service. We immediately notified the management office where we were assured that it would be corrected. IT NEVER HEPPENED!! We continually spoke with the office and did not get any satisfaction. Finally, we took it upon ourselves to contact the cable provider, to find that the account had never been established (as you will read in other reviews). In addition to no help, the management became increasingly rude. When the lady who rented the cabin for the group asked if they had any suggestions, one young man suggested that "she smell the air". Once we informed them that we had spoken with the cable provider and found that there had been no cable estabished, they offered us 10% which would not pay for dinner for eight adults. On Saturday, we had planned to watch television, enjoy the football games and relax. When we found that we had no cable and would not have television service, we drove to Pigeon Forge to the Clarion Inn and were pleasantly surprised to discover that they would rent us their dining area to watch t.v., order in food and relax and watch the football games. Scott, the general manager and his staff did everything they could to make us comfortable at a nominal fee. Gatlinburg Falls needs to learn a valuable lesson from Clarion Inn in customer service. We have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and have decided to seek redress through the courts since the resort promised something that they knew was unavilable and they could not produce, thus violating the contract. SUGGESTION TO FUTURE VISITORS, DO NOT STAY WITH GATLINBURG FALLS!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments. We do want to make sure our guests have the best time they possibly can while they are visiting with us. We regret that we could not resolve the TV issue during your stay, which is always our goal. As stated in the other response to the issues with this cabin, we regret that we were unable to get the TVs working for the Saturday football games.

We did dispatch our maintenance individuals on several occasions to try and resolve the issues. With us being sold out on this weekend, we had no other cabin to move you. We tried to find accommodations, but were unsuccessful in this effort.

We were in constant contact with the reservation holder and the guest and bringing them up to speed on the developments. We hope that you will return back with us and allow us to serve you. Please call our Guest Care line at 1-866-34SMOKY.
Sumiton, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

On Thursday, October 18, my husband and I left home for a weekend trip to Gatlinburg with three other couples for what we thought was going to be a weekend of fun, food, fellowship, and college football! We do not get to spend a lot of time together and we had planned this trip for several weeks. We stayed in Greenbriar Grace that one of our friends had rented from Gatlinburg Falls. When we arrived at the cabin, we discovered that even though each room had a television including a theatre downstairs, none of the televisions worked. We reported it immediately. On Friday, we were told that the problem would be taken care of and that a maintenance man would get it repaired. We returned late afternoon to find that we still did not have television service. The friend who rented the cabin called again to report the problem and to find out when they would be fixed. We were then informed that they were trying to call the owners to find out if they had done something to the televisions. The supervisor for Gatlinburg Falls claimed it was a new rental for them. The supervisor was rude and very disrespectful. He told us that we could enjoy the fresh air outside since we didn't have televisions to watch. On Saturday morning, we finally called the cable provider to see if we could determine the problem and possibly rent service for the day. We gave the cable company the address and was told that the account balance would have to be paid. If paid, the service could be restored immediately. We called the supervisor back to share this information with him. We were in hopes that Gatlinburg Falls would guarantee payment for the cable service so that we could enjoy the day with food, friends, and college football. Unfortunately, that did not happen. The supervisor did call us back to inform us that he had spoken to the owners and that according to them the cable had not ever been connected. Several questions came to mind after this news. Were we the first to rent this cabin? Does the company not check for services before they advertise the amenities? Their claim was a luxury cabin with televisions and a home theatre. Why didn't the rental company inform of this the first day? How do they not know what they are renting? Do they care? Based on our experience, they do not care. Once again, he offered no help or assistance even though we had been assured that they would find us a place to watch the games. We finally went to another establishment where we explained our situation. They exemplified what true customer service looks like. They allowed us to rent a conference room from them so that we could have privacy, spend time together, and watch college football. They provided ice, comfortable chairs, other amenities, and even checked on us throughout the day to see if we needed anything. Wouldn't it have been nice if Gatliburg Falls had taken the initiative to take such care of its clients? Wouldn't it have been nice if Gatlinburg Falls had offered to pay for the rental fee so that we could enjoy our weekend as we had planned? Wouldn't it have been nice if Gatlinburg Falls had delivered what they advertised? Wouldn't it have been nice if Gatlinburg Falls had checked the cabin before renting it? Woudn't it have been nice if Gatlinburg Falls had treated us with respect? Wouldn't it have been nice if Gatlinburg Falls had offered to reimburse for the rental fee that we paid? Wouldn't it have been nice that Gatlinburg Falls had offered to reimburse us at least 50% of the $1600 we had paid for the weekend since it was obvious that they were negligent in their duties? Gatlinburg Falls did offer us a 10% discount and a discount on future rentats. That is one discout that they do not have to worry about. We will not be renting from Gatlinburg Falls! We will look for a company that delivers what it advertises! We will look for a company that cares about their customers! We will rent from a different company for all future visits to Gatlinburg! If you want poor customer service, no guarantee of services advertised, to be treated rudely and with disrespect, then Gatlinburg Falls is the place for you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting. Here at Gatlinburg Falls Resort, we pride ourselves in the highest quality guest care and standards in the area. We apologize that you feel you were not treated with the care during your visit with us that we are known for. We do want to make sure our guests have the best time they possibly can while they are visiting with us. We regret that we could not resolve the TV issue during your stay, which is always our goal.

We dispatched our maintenance individuals on several occasions to see what could be done to solve these issues. We could not get this issue resolved during your stay and with us being completely sold out on this weekend, we had no other cabin to move you. We tried to find accommodations with TV access but with the Conference/Wedding center rented, it could not be utilized. We called local restaurants and they did not have any meeting spaces available to rent. We called additional restaurants and hotels in the area, without any success or was on a first come, first serve basis.

We hate that this occurred during your stay, but we have tried to accommodate you and get service to the TVs. We were in constant contact with you and even talked to your guest, since you were not always available, and bringing them up to speed on the developments. We hope that you will return back with us and allow us to serve you. Please call our Guest Care line at 1-866-34SMOKY.
Illinois City, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed in Squirrled Away. The first impression was looked great until I got to the parking area that we had to share with another cabin on a steep incline circle drive. I found out later that they were the only cabins that had to share a drive and the only way to get out was to back down your steep incline, unless you get lucky and the the other cabin is not there the parking was horrible. When we washed our towels the first day the dryer did not work. We called and scheduled maintance day one, day two we called again, day two in the evening we finally went down to the check-in area where we were told it would be fixed that day. Day three, we went back to the checkin area to complain about the dryer again, and were told "I'm sorry" and it would be fixed at 10:30 P.M. when half the house was asleep a maintance man came and knocked on the door looked at the dryer and said he would have to call someone else in and they would be their at 9 or 10 in the morning. Day 4 we waited til 10:30am and finally left and went down to the office again and asked why we need to ruin our vacation so solve their problem. We got the I'm sorry again and go ahead leave. Finally on our last night there and after we all went out and bought another set of clothes the dryer was fixed. Also the hot tub leaked on the porch below so that porch was usuable. The stove was usuable however one burner could not be used due to having no knob. We later were told that the cabins are owned by people and the resort was just the middle man. I think the owners of this cabin should stay there sometime maybe would updated some things. We paid a lot of money to stay here and I don't feel that I got my money's worth. With all the hassle you would think they would give some kind of money back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I went with a large group, so our cabin was huge with lots of extras; Jukebox, pool table, hot tubs, arcade, etc. It was clean, and we had no problems, but it was pretty expensive although we went in October which is peak season for this area.

Lock Haven, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Paid around $1200.00 for three night's in this cabin due to Oct being peak month. Not worth that kind of money. It was an older house, more so than a cabin. Had it been half that price I would not have felt so taken. It was about 30 minute drive from town were all the things you may have wanted to visit were. It said it had internet and Wifi but it had none. Which if it did we could have showed pictures and such and did other things on line with our friends and family. The grill was in such bad shape we had to buy foil and charcoal to grill. Just thought for 1200 bucks it would have had all the bells and whistles or at least everything it said it would have. Next time will stay in a hotel for much less.

Room Tip: Stay in town if you want to be close to the sites.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
GatlinburgCabins, Front Office Manager at Gatlinburg Falls Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are always saddened to hear that a guest was disappointed with their stay. All of our cabin amenities and pictures can be found on our website under the cabin description. Unfortunately, this cabin does not have Internet or wifi as an amenity. We apologize for any confusion. We are currently working with the owner to get these amenities added to the cabin. We are sorry to hear about the condition of the grill. Our Guest Care line is available 24hrs a day for our guests to ensure the best service. We would have been more than happy to have someone clean the grill out for you as this should have been remedied before your arrival. However, we show no records of the grill being an issue during your stay. We regret you did not have a pleasant stay with us here in the Smoky Mountains. We hope that you and your family decide to give us another chance and stay with us at Gatlinburg Falls Resort in the future. Again thank you for the feedback. Please contact us at 1-866-34-SMOKY if you have any further questions.
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Went here for a 2 night stay and after arriving we noticed a little issue that needed fixing so we called the office and they scheduled maintenance to repair. We left for approximately one hour and upon returning our Ipad had been stolen from the cabin. Either their staff took it or someone broke into the cabin and stole, but there were no signs of break in according to the police. The management basically said they are not responsible for items stolen from the cabin so it's our problem. So even if someone breaks in and steals their TV then they claim it's our expense? I asked if we could get a refund to leave and was told "I will have to contact our manager who isn't on site and get back to you". Well they never got back to us, even after I continued to follow up. We didn't want to rent another place and not be able to get a refund so we kept waiting to hear back, but they refused to give a straight answer. Instead they waited until our stay was over and then said you chose to continue staying here so we are not providing any refund. So they deliberately held off answering us until our stay was over in order to keep rental fees. This is terrible customer service and very shady, someone is desperately trying to meet their sales numbers. They cannot provide any type of security at this resort so if you value your possessions don't stay there. By refusing to offer any type of refund for at least one night they lost a long time customer. A pathetic display of customer service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Gatlinburg Falls Resort? Share your experiences!