“Hospitality at its best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jack Huff's

We can't find prices for this hotel
Jack Huff's
You added Jack Huff's to your Saves list
204 Cherokee Orchard Road, Pob 865, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Ranked #2 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
North East Alabama
“Hospitality at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2009

We felt right at home! First time here and we'll do it again! We love the closeness to town, the cleanliness and the apple cider in the lobby was not so bad either. Great bunch of down home folks, who well represent the family owned business. Rates were very reasonable also. Thanks Jack Huffs see you again. North Alabama

• Liked — Friendliness
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Southwest Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2008

I decided to book a room at this hotel because of all the wonderful reviews here on trip advisor. I planned before I even stayed here to write a review to add my 2 cents. My husband and I went to Gatlinburg for an overnight romantic trip without the kids. This hotel was extremely convenient to the Village which was the main attraction for us on this trip. The room was clean. Those two things are about the nicest things I can say about the hotel. It is very outdated- I'm talking a green colored toilet from the 70s or early 80s. I think the bed was old and was not actually a queen sized bed like we were told it would be. It wasn't comfortable either. It actually felt like our feet were higher than our heads when we first lay down. My husband did like the huge mirror at the head of the bed. It was definitely clean but I feel like $99 with tax was a lot of money to pay for such an outdated hotel. Gatlinburg seems to be more expensive than Pigeon Forge. I wouldn't realy want to stay here again but my husband didn't mind it. I would pay a little more to stay at the Edgewater but he says he wouldn't. I know I will prevail in this argument the next time we go to Gatlinburg!

• Liked — Clean & convenient
  • Disliked — Outdated
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bogalusa,Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2008

This motor lodge was recommended by a friend . My husband and I really liked the "at home" feeling of the place and the kind attention of the staff. Everyone tried to do their best to make you feel safe,comfortable and meet your needs. The location is perfect, less than one block off the main avenue in Gatlinburg. Every attraction was within walking distance. The rooms were large and very clean. The beds were very comfortable and we both slept good at night. We plan on making a trip again in the near future and will certainly stay again. There is something to be said about a family owned establishment!

• Liked — At home atmosphere, friendly staff, excellent location
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Jack Huff's 9/20-9/23. We had a great time and the Hotel staff was very helpful and pleasant. We stayed in Room 120, which is an older room but very, very clean. We also liked the front patio where we could sit by the pool. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. If you go to their hotel website directly you can print out a 10% coupon for your stay. We paid $68 per night plus tax, which is a great deal for September! We will definitely be staying there again next year.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
mauldin, sc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2008

I've been staying at Jack Huff's on family vacations since I was 10 years old, and we've always had a great experience there. Now I get to take my own family there and have a great time! The location is excellent - just a short walk to the middle of downtown. While the decor could use a bit of updating ( I think it's been unchanged in the past 28 years!) the rooms are always clean and neat.
Check-in/out is easy and the staff is very friendly, just what you'd expect from a family owned property.

Not much else to say, other than keep this motel on your short list for your next trip to Gatlinburg.

• Liked — Location and friendly staff
  • Disliked — I'd prefer a hotel with interior halls
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

A friend and I stayed here with our young adult daughters and we were so pleased with the motel. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. The non-smoking room was clean, beds comfortable, and the pool sparkling. Our room had a small fridge and microwave. There was a mirror and sink in the dressing area as well as one in the bathroom--great for four women trying to get ready! I had never really looked at this motel before because it's not directly on the parkway, but it is so-o-o-o convenient to everything--we didn't move our vehicle the entire stay! We just walked a very short walk to the back entrance of The Village and then on out to the parkway. (The Aquarium is almost directly across on the parkway.) I will definitely stay here again--maybe next time in the unit with the full kitchen if we are staying for several days.

• Liked — convenience to The Village and parkway
  • Disliked — There was a back door, but we always kept it locked.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tenn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2008

We have stayed at Jack Huffs since my son was a baby and he is 24 years old. Its the only place my husband will stay. We love staying there. We usually stay in the family room because its a little bigger and we like the older part better than the new part. I like to stay in the old because its closer to everything. I have MS and its easier for me. But we love the owners and the staff. They are such Christian people and we wouldn't stay anyplace else. I guess we just wouldn't go to Gatlinburg if we couldn't stay there.

Linda Reid
Nashville, Tennessee

• Liked — the courterous staff
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Jack Huff's? Share your experiences!