“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jack Huff's

We can't find prices for this hotel
Jack Huff's
Save Saved
You added Jack Huff's to your Saves list
204 Cherokee Orchard Road, Pob 865, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Ranked #2 of 86 hotels in Gatlinburg
Hixson, Tennessee, United States
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My mother booked us at Jack Huff's for 3 nights this past week. It was her, me and my 2 teenagers. If you're looking for the newest, most posh accommodations, then this is not for you. But if you're looking for fantastic location, large clean rooms, and friendly staff for a decent price, this is definitely for you.

We arrived at 11:30, and our room was ready. Our room had 2 queen beds, flat screen TV, microwave & mini fridge. Also two sinks (one in the bathroom and one just outside of it), a recliner (!), and a personal balcony overlooking Gatlinburg. Not to mention the usual table, dresser, chairs. We were on the 3rd floor, and there is an elevator for all floors. The room was plenty large enough for a blow up mattress bed for my son. A couple of portable cribs would fit easily if you needed them.

The location is perfect. Just up from traffic light 6, on Cherokee Orchard Rd., we were very few minutes away from The Village shopping area, aquarium, restaurants, trolley stops, and everything on the strip. It was so nice to be able to come back and relax on the balcony. We didn't use the car at all except to go into the Smokies or Pigeon Forge.

My kids loved the pool. There's no diving board, but there is a fun tunnel slide. There's also a sectioned off part of the pool that is only 1 1/2 feet deep, so you can be in the pool with little ones. it's hard to describe but really cool. If my kids were small I'd love this feature.

The only complaint I have is the lighting. Instead of individual small lights to read by, over each bed there is one overhead fluorescent light that is the width of the bed. When others are trying to sleep, it's impossible to read because of the brightness. I ended up improvising with a flashlight, but it wasn't much fun. Also, the fan in the bathroom didn't work, so whenever someone took a shower the entire bathroom and everything in it was covered in steam. There's a window in there that you can open but I didn't want to risk anyone walking by to look in.

Overall, we had a great time and loved the experience. We'll be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

306 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Taylorsville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This hotel is in the right location. One-half block from main strip. Leave your car at hotel and walk to all main attractions in Gatlinburgh. Quiet, very clean, comfortable rooms. Excellent value. No breakfast bar. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Metairie, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My daughter and I just got back from Gatlinburg, Tn. We stayed at another hotel before checking in at Jack Huff's. I was kinda worried what we would find being an old motor lodge. WOW! This was the best! The room was clean ( walked around in my white socks and they did NOT get dirty), we had 2 sinks ( hey with women in the room thats a BIG plus), everything was in walking distance ( you must visit the Village if you stay here), the people at the front desk....AWESOME( one would have found me a job if I didn't want to leave hehehe), flat screen TV, microwave, fridge, etc. I could go on and on about this place. Believe me I WILL BE BACK!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Festus, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We were on our way back from Orlando Florida and decided to stop off in Gatlinburg for four days. We loved the hotel, Great location right in the heart of everything in Gatlinburg. We plan on coming back next year and will definitely stay here.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Poughkeepsie, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed at Jack Huff's during our visit to the Smoky Mountains. It is close enough to the town of Gatlinburg that we could walk to restaurants and shops which made it very convenient. The Smoky Mountain park entrance was not too far away so that was also a plus.

Although the motel did not have a restaurant they do have a small room with coffee available in the morning.

The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Cute place! We didn't have to get in the car at all since the hotel is centrally located to all restaurants, attractions and shopping. If you're looking for a 5 star hotel, you might want to look elsewhere, but if you're looking for a reasonably priced room in a clean hotel, this is the perfect place. I will definitely return!

• Stayed May 2013
Hudson, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I selected Jack Huff's based on the positive ratings on TripAdvisor. My family was extremely happy with our experience. I generally hate staying in hotels because they never feel clean. Jack Huff's is the cleanest place that I have ever stayed in. It may not be the most upscale property in Gatlinburg, but it is extremely comfortable. Our room was large and well-equipped with a refrigerator and a microwave. Our 5-year-old son loved the balcony! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The property is conveniently located near "The Village" and other attractions. We also liked the price compared to other properties. Clean, well-equipped, friendly staff, great location and a moderate price... What else could you ask for?

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor with a balcony