“Comfortable Quiet Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jack Huff's

We can't find prices for this hotel
Jack Huff's
204 Cherokee Orchard Road, Pob 865, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Ranked #3 of 86 hotels in Gatlinburg
Ontario, Canada
“Comfortable Quiet Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

A quick one night stay before heading to a cabin rental. Room was a double Queen on the third floor in the newer part of the building. Able to park close to the room. (Didn't realize til the next morning that there is an elevator in the center of the building)...however, it was such a short distance to the stairwell from where we parked that we probably would not have used elevator. Room was spotless. Handy to have both frig and microwave. Recliner/armchair was so comfortable...wish more hotels would have this. We missed having a desk to set our computer on, but the small round table sufficed. Bed was very comfortable. Did not notice noise from the street. Balcony shared with the next room overlooks parking lot/street.

Walking distance to the Village and through the Village to the parkway. Slipped over to Donut Friar for a special treat early in the morning. At the hotel coffee is available in the morning in an alcove under the stairs near the elevator. Staff in the office is so friendly. We were able to leave our car in their lot after we checked out to stroll the parkway for a couple of hours. Even grounds staff are friendly and upon our departure gave us hints to get to our cabin and avoid the traffic generated by the Rod Run in Pigeon Forge.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

300 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I travel to Gatlinburg two or three times each year, and I've stayed at more than a dozen different properties in the area over the years.

This was my first time at Jack Huff's Motor Lodge, and I will definitely be going back. The rooms are spacious and very clean; the balconies are also very nice. The staff is incredibly friendlyl and helpful as well.

The property is just a short walk from The Village, the Pancake Pantry and all of the Parkway. However, despite being so close, it is very quiet.

Room Tip: I recommend a second or third-floor room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is my second visit to Gatlinburg in the past year, and this time I selected Jack Huff's based on TripAdvisor ratings. I was not disappointed. I stayed a total of four nights with a break in the middle for a visit to Townsend, so I actually was in two different rooms at Jack Huff's. Both rooms were excellent; clean, and comfortable. The hotel is very conveniently located; the center of town is a very short walk away, and the Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail is just up the road. Parking is very convenient to the rooms. The first night I was in the wing to the left of the office, which is a bit closer to the street, and I heard more street noise. The other nights I was in the wing to the right of the office, which is set back a bit further from the street and was quieter, so I'd recommend requesting a room on that side of the hotel. I come to town to visit the Great Smokies National Park, and I'm out in the park from very early until very late, so the I just need a basic room for a good price, and this fits the bill perfectly. I would definitely recommend Jack Huff's as an excellent value in Gatlinburg.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Louisville, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

We normally rent a cabin when in Gatlinburg but our stay was only going to be two nights so instead of driving up and down mountains and then trying to find a place to park, we decided to stay in town. After checking the reviews on TripAdvisor, we decided on Jack Huff's. The staff was extremely accommodating and friendly and the room was super clean. Yes, the furnishings are somewhat dated and they don't have fancy shampoos and lotions, but we were completely satisfied. If we are back for a couple of nights again, we will definitely stay here.

White House, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Older hotel but extremely clean with large rooms and a comfy bed. Cannot beat the location...just behind The Village. Better than the majority of hotels in Gatlinburg. The TVs have been updated to flat screens and there is also free Wi-Fi. Overall, a great value!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Like you, I was a bit overwhelmed when looking for a hotel room in Gatlinburg. I didn't want to stay in a generic chain, but many of the independent hotels have wildly varying reviews about the same establishment.

I took a chance on Jack Huff's and was blown away. The owner claims the rooms are modest but clean, but I have never stayed in a nicer room for the money, regardless of town. Our room was large, well laid out, and had a wonderfully comfortable bed. The room was spotless, the staff was friendly, and the motel itself is a very short walk from everything, while being just far enough away to be quiet.

I will be staying here again in the future!

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have a bit of a better view. :)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We had a party with us that was in the handicapped room. They raved about it. Our room was so clean it looked brand new. Very quiet setting. The wifi worked but the signal was stronger in parts of the room than others. We had a very nice fellow at the desk help us with our questions.
Parked right in front of our room. Was there on a Monday. Weekend crowds gone. Good time to come. Drove to local's restaurant for breakfast. Not crowded. Not expensive, called Mountain Lodge. Had dinner at a microbrewery. Good also.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Jack Huff's? Share your experiences!