“Would definately stay here again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gillette Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Gillette Motel
You added Gillette Motel to your Saves list
Historic Nature Trail Road, Post Office Box 231, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Ranked #32 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Athens, Georgia
“Would definately stay here again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here for days over the New Years holiday. This hotel is in a perfect location. It is within a block of the Space Needle and within walking distance to most everything in downtown Gatlinburg. The hotel is American family owned and operated. The office staff are some of the most helpful and friendly folks I have encountered during our travels. The hotel is an older hotel but it has been very well maintained. The housekeeping staff does an excellent job in keeping the place immaculate. They told us that they use the white cotton bed spreads so that they can bleach them to keep them sanitary. I don't know of any other hotel that does this! If you want to stay in the downtown Gatlinburg this is definately a good value for the money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

i have stayed here many times over the thirty years or so. if you plan a trip to gatlinburg, tn , this is a reasonable family run motel. it is only blocks from all of the main attractions . the civic center is just down the street, and always has something going on. the rooms at the gillette are clean and the staff is there always there to assit you. the best part is you can leave that car parked and either walk or take the troller. and stay out of any traffic congestion.

Room Tip: some look at the mountains and some look at the town. your choice.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Franklin, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Clean and very nice customer service are the only real compliments I can give this motel. It was old and very dated. I felt the price was far too expensive for the product. It was $120 a night and I know for a fact you can get far cheaper rooms in nicer and more updated hotels. If they would take a bit off the price they might have more people stay there. It was a ghost town when we were there the last week of June.
And speaking of ghost towns: after we came home, I "googled" (to no avail) to see if anyone has ever reported a ghostly encounter at this hotel. Why? Because we did. We awoke from a dead sleep to our 8 year old son yelling that a lady was in the room and she was going into the bathroom area. He was so adamant that my husband had to get up and check. At the same time I looked up to see a man standing by the wall at the foot of the bed. I simply assumed a mirror was hanging on the wall and it was reflecting a picture of an old fashioned dressed fellow into it. Morning came and I realized this was impossible. Did I see a ghost? I think yes. And my son is still 100% positive of what he saw as well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

My rate for this room was low and fair. I was pleased with how friendly and genuinely helpful the staff of this family-operated motel were to me when I made my reservation and upon check-in. My room was simple, nothing fancy, (definitely an older and budget decor) but clean and fit the bill for a one-nighter in Gatlinburg. I didn't need much. This is not a place to stay for luxuriating in the room, or hoping for lots of freebies, but it's perfect for a tidy dependable place where you feel safe and can be at the Gatlinburg Convention Center (across the street) in one minute or walk just a few blocks to be in the heart of the main strip. There's a small fridge and microwave in even the smallest rooms. That's always a plus. It is right next to the fire department - see photo. I've seen (and heard) two emergency vehicles since I've been here, but it's not bothered me at all. It actually has improved my feeling safe and sound. Based on previous trips to Gatlinburg - just not having to catch a humid, crowded trolley to go anywhere and being in the perfect spot to walk wherever - I'm happy. They also said I can leave my car after check out for the day while I'm at the Convention Center. Perfect. :) They're nice people - give this place a try. I will return for Gatlinburg trips when I need to be in the middle of things and want a dependable and affordable place to stay the night.

Room Tip: I liked being on the street level to park and walk right in - there are some that you go up outdoor...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Old outdated 60's 70's style beds, furniture, accessories, carpet, and lighting. Shower head awkward, old, and terribly hard to get a normal water temperature. Location is very good. I found it tolerable at $120 for two nights that I paid in advance... UNTIL I was informed that it was $120 a night upon checkout and had to pay again. I will never stay there again!

• Stayed October 2011
Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

If you don't mind the out dated look and condition of the rooms then this is for you...the rooms are large but the cheap motel hell furniture and bedding is a turn-off...I cried when I saw the room. A real roach motel.

Room Tip: Try one of the newer lodgings...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Aiken, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We spent new years eve, 2011 in gatlinburg at the Gillette, and wow. I have never had better service, the staff at Gillette goes above and beyond great service. The motel is a little older and rooms may not be as modern, but the service those people gives you is incredible. We loved it so much we went ahead and booked our rooms for next year. Gillette has made a customer for life out of me and my family! thanks for the great weekend Gillette!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Gillette Motel? Share your experiences!