“Our home away from Home!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bales Town and Country Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Bales Town and Country Motel
221 Bishop Lane, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Ranked #43 of 86 hotels in Gatlinburg
Alabama
“Our home away from Home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2006

This is the best place to stay in Gatlinburg! The price is great and the room are very clean. It has an at home feeling. We have made Bales our home away from home while visiting Gatlinburg. It is just a short walk from downtown yet it is quiet and peaceful. The Motel is owned and operated by the Bales which gives it that at home feel. The owners are very friendly. You can chose from a variety of rooms. I especially like the rooms with the kitchenette. You can save even more by preparing your own meals. They have everything you need except the groceries. Give them a try, I promise you'll like them!

• Liked — The Comfortable bed!
  • Disliked — No Free Breackfast, but the value of the room more than made up for the free breakfast!
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for the room with a kitchenette, this will save you even more money on eating out!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Boaz, Al.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2006

Bales is a wonderful place to stay. Very Friendly ; Clean rooms ; It's not fancy, but it's not priced fancy, either! Great Value! We Always stay at Bales whenever we go to Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge. You won't find better hosts than Bill and Nicole and their staff.

• Liked — The value & close to town
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay at Bales
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2006

We arrived 8/08//06 and were very impressed with what we got for the money. (55/night for 3 adults, 13 and 10 year olds) 2 queen beds and a single in a partitioned off area. We were able to walk just about anywhere we wanted. Walking distance of Aquarium, Ripleys Believe it or Not, The Village Shops, Harley Davidson, and all the touristy shops for gifts.

Take your own pillows if you like your head up as their pillows are a little on the flat side.

Had the pool all to ourselves.

When we called to make reservation the owner answered herself .

Next time we will call with more notice and hopefully can get a kitchen room because eating in Gatlinburg is awful expensive

• Liked — price and location
  • Disliked — flat pillows
  • Tips/Secrets — bring your own pillows
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
Rock Hill, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2006

I read all the other reviews on Trip Advisor before planning my trip to Gatlinburg. I chose Bale's because it had a wonderfully central location and the rate was fantastic and most everyone enjoyed their stay. The room was really clean and huge! It could sleep 5 people, but it was only my toddler son and myself on this trip. I got their full sized kitchen, which was great except the refridgerator kept making this loud buzzing sound every half hour, which woke me up constantly. The bathroom was a bit smaller than I'm used to, but since it was just my son and myself on this trip, that was fine.
The beds weren't that comfy and the pillows were very thin. I had to stack them to get a good comfortable height. The air conditioner only seemed to cool one half of the room and that was the half with the single/twin bed on it, not the half with the two double beds in which we were occupied.
The room was on the second floor and there was a rickety sprial staircase that I had to carry the coolers, bags and toddler up. Then, later, I found the ramp that I could have simply rolled everything up. I wish the clerk had mentioned that to me when I checked in because he knew I had the child with me as well as bags of food.
The motel was clean, albeit it a bit outdated. The pool area was well kept and the slide for children was a nice addition, with a picnic table for kids under it in a shady sandy area. The chairs by the pool would be nice if they were replaced with newer ones, but the old ones were still in decent shape, just old.
Overall, it was a decent stay. The beds being so soft made it hard for me to sleep, but lots of people like soft beds. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. They even allowed me to leave my car parked there after I checked out, which saved me $5 at a public parking garage. I liked how they had a couple of tables with chairs out near the vending machines so you could enjoy a snack or just socializing outside of the room.
I would stay here again, if I knew that I'd have a comfortable bed. I'd just bring my pillow from home. For the cost, it was terrific.

• Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2006

Just wanted to write and say we had a great stay.The room was great.It was in town and the price was great,will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2006

Been to Bales Town and Country Motel? Share your experiences!