“Great food for your tummy & "food for thought" (trivia)” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 172 restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Wautoma
“Great food for your tummy & "food for thought" (trivia)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were on a road trip down to Myrtle Beach & have always wanted to check out the Gatlinburg area. So on 2/25/13 we spent a day & night there. After enjoying the sights all day, we went back to our hotel room & looked over the menus of several places in the area & decided to try the Smokey Mtn Brewery for dinner. It's tucked back in a little cul de sac shopping area & you have to climb stairs up to the restaurant. There was a wait for a table. It was very busy for a Monday night but luckily we found 2 seats at the bar. We got their beer sampler & then decided that we should probably just eat at the bar & pass on waiting for a table. We were starved because we didn't stop for lunch earlier, we just had some snacks. So we ordered the 16" Brewmaster Calzone to split. It was huge & we couldn't finish it. So we boxed up the leftovers. Sat at the bar for quite a while as they have a trivia contest on Mon. & Tues. nights. We didn't get into the contest but just played silently for the fun of it. This place has great beer, food, atmosphere & a lively trivia contest with friendly people all around. Next time through this way, we'll be back in.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
Maryville, Tennessee
“I must of went on a off day...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We (me and my husband) went up to Gatlinburg this past Saturday (4-20-13) the hostess greeted us as "Do you want to sit at the bar - there are round tables upstairs if so or would you like a booth..."I believe she was just too lazy and/or didnt want to be bothered to walk herself upstairs.
So...we took ourselves upstairs -- ordered a couple drinks (which were o.k.) then a got a burger and my husband got a Philly steak Sandwich -- BOTH VERY SUB-PAR!! My husbands peppers and onions looked as if they had been sitting in grease all day -- soggy and discolored. My burger tasted as the burger was on the verge of spoiling. In other words we both left hungry as that food was poor. BTW...I didnt notice on my way in the restaurant but on my way down the stairs ,,look over your shoulder towards the kitchen/grill area...boxes everywhere...dirty floors ..NASTY!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Hidden gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Our group found this restaurant on trip advisor and decided to try it based on the good reviews and we were not disappointed!!!!!!! We had about a 20 minute wait but once we sat down and our order was taken we ate relatively quick. My husband and I ordered the egg rolls for an appetizer and his cousin and his girlfriend had the fried pickles and both were good. I had the swiss and mushroom burger which was fresh and juicy. My husband had a ruben that was good as well. His cousin and his girlfriend both enjoyed their meals as well. We all enjoyed our time there and plan to go back next time we visit!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mohnton, Pennsylvania
“Best burgers in Pidgeon forge!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were told at out hotel that on Wed. burgers have reduced pricing at the Pidgeon Forge location, and since we were driving over there from Gatlinburg for the antique cars show, we tried the Brewery burgers. Best Burgers in town!! Neat place to eat - with lots of different beers to try.. to go with your burger. I recomment their potato salad.

Visited April 2013
LI NY
“average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Bar food,plenty of selections of beer.Waitress was alittle slow,busy talking to other waitresses. The place it self was nice.Food was ok nothing special.

Visited April 2013