“Great location, great price; great stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #21 of 87 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lexington, TN
“Great location, great price; great stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We planned a last minute overnight get away to the Smokies and didn't want to spend a lot of money on a room we knew we wouldn't spend much time in. We were on a second story end room above the office and I can easily say it was one of the largest rooms I've ever been in; loved the vaulted ceilings. On the flip side, the bathroom was quite tiny which amused me given they could have easily taken a few feet from the room and the room still would have been generous. Still, I didn't spend a great deal of time in the bathroom and it did what it was designed to do with plenty of hot water.
The room was clean, though a few more lights in the large space would have been nice. The bed was comfortable and the pillows actually real size and not hotel flatter than a fritter size. The staff, especially the evening clerk, was very friendly and helpful and breakfast better than I expected. They had cereal, toast, donuts, juice, coffee, and what thrilled my son- a pancake printer. It was a self animated pancake machine and according to the rest of my family they were pretty tasty.
The pool was nice but cold- still a little early in the season for all but the most hardy of swimmers here in Tennessee, at least this year, last year was a different story and who knows what next year will bring.
All in all this hotel was a nice, decent place to stay at a great price. It's location less than a block off the parkway made it especially advantageous as parking was included and we were able to walk from our hotel all over Gatlinburg and the tourist areas there. It also meant no fighting miles of parkway traffic coming in and out of the park. This place is hard to beat value wise. If you want high class amenities and 4 star service keep looking. If you want a clean room, a great location, and good value you can stop looking. I will definitely check here first the next time I want to make a weekend get away to the Smokies.

Room Tip: I don't know about the size of the rooms on the lower level or in the tower but our upstairs roo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Carrollton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here Monday through Thursday in May and paid $50.00!
I could not believe how clean and close to downtown it was. The staff could not have been
friendly! I am extremely picky and have stayed many places and this was by far the best
value I have seen in a long time! I will be back and I stayed in room 105 and I loved it.
If you are looking for a place to rest between your shopping and visit to the mountains this
is it! The pool is small out front of the hotel, so if you are looking for a hugh pool and an indoor
pool this place may not be for you. The room was a little small but it was just fine for us.

Room Tip: The front rooms are the best for view and to sit by pool with a rocking chair!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed there recently for a few nights. We payed 50 bucks a night and the location is right downtown in walking distance to everything. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms have a refrigerator and microwave. We will definitely stay here again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Ideal location being a short walk from the main street. The room was basic but very clean and looked newly painted. Friendly staff, clean linens everyday, soft beds and a beautiful view. I will definitely try to stay again next time.

• Stayed May 2013
ROCKWELL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is the 2nd tine I have stayed here. I really like it. It is small, quiet, quaint, and very affordable. It is close to everything, within walking distance to food, shops, recreation, and sites for site seeing. You could park your car and not start it again until you are ready to go home..The people who run the place are very nice, very helpful, and friendly. I would recommend it to anyone and would stay here again, myself.
The only real negative that I have is the room size is small. That said, there was a king bed, tabe with 2 chairs, two nightstands,, dresser, and small refrigerator. There just isn't much walking space. Two people can't pass each other between the bed and dresser.

Room Tip: TYhere are suites available and they are very nice. Not fancy, but big. Room 109 is small but has a...
Woodruff, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

After hours of driving we were greeted at the hotel by a smiling face and a cheerful welcome. That was nice. The desk clerk, Pam, was the first clerk in three years to acknowledge we were Choice Hotel Gold members. Thank you Pam! If you haven't stayed here lately, they have improved the rooms. They look nice and fresh. I don't sleep well at home, but I slept like a rock here. It was great! I would've thrown the bed in the trunk if it would've fit! All in all a great stay, will do it again in two months!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've stayed here for 4 years in a row in late March for a convention. I always get this hotel because it's very affordable and the trip is business-related, so I don't spend a lot of time in the room. If you are staying in Gatlinburg for anything where you room isn't the highlight, then go ahead and stay here. But if you want to spend a lot of time at your hotel, maybe relaxing or during a romantic get-away, you probably will want a better place. Other reviewers are correct when they say it's outdated and just generally pretty average.

Room Tip: The building off to the side is where I've always stayed and generally is quiet. No area really...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!