“Very Quaint!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 86 hotels in Gatlinburg
ROCKWELL
“Very Quaint!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is the 2nd tine I have stayed here. I really like it. It is small, quiet, quaint, and very affordable. It is close to everything, within walking distance to food, shops, recreation, and sites for site seeing. You could park your car and not start it again until you are ready to go home..The people who run the place are very nice, very helpful, and friendly. I would recommend it to anyone and would stay here again, myself.
The only real negative that I have is the room size is small. That said, there was a king bed, tabe with 2 chairs, two nightstands,, dresser, and small refrigerator. There just isn't much walking space. Two people can't pass each other between the bed and dresser.

Room Tip: TYhere are suites available and they are very nice. Not fancy, but big. Room 109 is small but has a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

208 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Woodruff, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

After hours of driving we were greeted at the hotel by a smiling face and a cheerful welcome. That was nice. The desk clerk, Pam, was the first clerk in three years to acknowledge we were Choice Hotel Gold members. Thank you Pam! If you haven't stayed here lately, they have improved the rooms. They look nice and fresh. I don't sleep well at home, but I slept like a rock here. It was great! I would've thrown the bed in the trunk if it would've fit! All in all a great stay, will do it again in two months!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've stayed here for 4 years in a row in late March for a convention. I always get this hotel because it's very affordable and the trip is business-related, so I don't spend a lot of time in the room. If you are staying in Gatlinburg for anything where you room isn't the highlight, then go ahead and stay here. But if you want to spend a lot of time at your hotel, maybe relaxing or during a romantic get-away, you probably will want a better place. Other reviewers are correct when they say it's outdated and just generally pretty average.

Room Tip: The building off to the side is where I've always stayed and generally is quiet. No area really...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I take our youth group to Winterfest every 3rd weekend of Feb to Gatlinburg for a youth convention held in the Convention Center.
We have stayed at the Econo Lodge Inn and Suites for many many years, In fact, it was still the Reagan Inn when we started staying here.
It has made many many inprovement's and they are still updating every year we go back.
We have always had the 4th floor outside rooms in the tower. I love the way they treat us like family and look forward to us returning. They have always been kind to my teens and me and take care of us if anything needs attending too.
It's a weekend stay and we're out of the rooms a lot of the time we're there. It's not a 5 star hotel and that's ok with us. :)
The kids and I have taken advantage of the breaksfast bar a few times and for us thats enough for us before we head to the Convention Center. :)
Looking forward to seeing Pam and the staff again next Feb.!
I know everyone has there own thoughts on the hotel, but I have seen so many great improvements that I won't stay anywhere else. :)
Thank you to the Staff at the Econo Lodge Inn and Suites!
Holly Wagner
Roanoke Va

Room Tip: My advice is not to go the third weekend in Feb. It's extra crowded and Gatlinburg is full of te...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Warner Robins, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I dont want to make this a negative review so I will keep it short. This hotel is in an ideal location right near the middle of Gatlinburg. Actually a block away from the intersection.
The hotel is old. The walls are thin, and the design is from the 70's. They have done as much updating as possible for its age, and the cost it would take to do a complete over haul.
The staff was friendly and helpful. They will do what they can to accomodate you.
I tried not to make it negative. If you want the Hilton, then stay away. If your there for a couple of days and will be away more than in, then this place will do.
Definately hit the Log Cabin Pancake House next door. Great breakfast!!!!

Room Tip: No real tips. But if you want to be next to town center for cheap its good.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Savannah, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Just pray you never get room 304! Lots of complaints. First, the hair dryer broke, had to go next door to my daughters room 305 to use hers. Second, the toilet seat was broken in to pieces and sat unlevel. (had to hold onto the counter of the sink) Third, my husband found milk duds all around the room, at first we thought an animal did its business in there. (proof the room was never cleaned) Fourth, the walls were super thin. Fith, the beds were horrible!! Sixth, The Tv broke. Thankfully my son in law kept on the front desk about it so they finally walked him to a laundry room where one was and my son in law brought it up to the 3rd floor, and programed the remote and hooked up the cable wires. No parking spots were availabe after 9pm.The only thing good about this hotel is the location. The breakfast was cereal and krispy kream donughts, that ends at 9:30. It is outdated and i plan on never returning. The heavy set woman "monica" she said she has been employed there for 8 years or more, says she has no title, and asked my daughter when she called "what do you want to tell me now?" Very rude, nasty and unprofessional. I did call choice to report this stay, and im hoping that Choice will make this right for not only my room but also my daughter and son in laws stay, as they had to keep repairing parts in our room instead of spending time on vacation. Good luck!

Room Tip: stay at clarion or rodeway inn for better service and cleaner rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Was very impressed with the friendly staff, cleanliness, and the location was perfect. The only thing that could have been better was the breakfast. We normally have breakfast out so this isn't something that is extremely important, but a few more choices and selections of food would have made it perfect. We will stay here again!

Room Tip: We had a room with 1 King size bed. I do prefer a separate vanity area, but this was within the bat...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!