“Price is Right for the Money & Location” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 86 hotels in Gatlinburg
Nashville, Tennessee
“Price is Right for the Money & Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've stayed here for 4 years in a row in late March for a convention. I always get this hotel because it's very affordable and the trip is business-related, so I don't spend a lot of time in the room. If you are staying in Gatlinburg for anything where you room isn't the highlight, then go ahead and stay here. But if you want to spend a lot of time at your hotel, maybe relaxing or during a romantic get-away, you probably will want a better place. Other reviewers are correct when they say it's outdated and just generally pretty average.

Room Tip: The building off to the side is where I've always stayed and generally is quiet. No area really...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

177 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I take our youth group to Winterfest every 3rd weekend of Feb to Gatlinburg for a youth convention held in the Convention Center.
We have stayed at the Econo Lodge Inn and Suites for many many years, In fact, it was still the Reagan Inn when we started staying here.
It has made many many inprovement's and they are still updating every year we go back.
We have always had the 4th floor outside rooms in the tower. I love the way they treat us like family and look forward to us returning. They have always been kind to my teens and me and take care of us if anything needs attending too.
It's a weekend stay and we're out of the rooms a lot of the time we're there. It's not a 5 star hotel and that's ok with us. :)
The kids and I have taken advantage of the breaksfast bar a few times and for us thats enough for us before we head to the Convention Center. :)
Looking forward to seeing Pam and the staff again next Feb.!
I know everyone has there own thoughts on the hotel, but I have seen so many great improvements that I won't stay anywhere else. :)
Thank you to the Staff at the Econo Lodge Inn and Suites!
Holly Wagner
Roanoke Va

Room Tip: My advice is not to go the third weekend in Feb. It's extra crowded and Gatlinburg is full of te...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Warner Robins, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I dont want to make this a negative review so I will keep it short. This hotel is in an ideal location right near the middle of Gatlinburg. Actually a block away from the intersection.
The hotel is old. The walls are thin, and the design is from the 70's. They have done as much updating as possible for its age, and the cost it would take to do a complete over haul.
The staff was friendly and helpful. They will do what they can to accomodate you.
I tried not to make it negative. If you want the Hilton, then stay away. If your there for a couple of days and will be away more than in, then this place will do.
Definately hit the Log Cabin Pancake House next door. Great breakfast!!!!

Room Tip: No real tips. But if you want to be next to town center for cheap its good.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Savannah, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Just pray you never get room 304! Lots of complaints. First, the hair dryer broke, had to go next door to my daughters room 305 to use hers. Second, the toilet seat was broken in to pieces and sat unlevel. (had to hold onto the counter of the sink) Third, my husband found milk duds all around the room, at first we thought an animal did its business in there. (proof the room was never cleaned) Fourth, the walls were super thin. Fith, the beds were horrible!! Sixth, The Tv broke. Thankfully my son in law kept on the front desk about it so they finally walked him to a laundry room where one was and my son in law brought it up to the 3rd floor, and programed the remote and hooked up the cable wires. No parking spots were availabe after 9pm.The only thing good about this hotel is the location. The breakfast was cereal and krispy kream donughts, that ends at 9:30. It is outdated and i plan on never returning. The heavy set woman "monica" she said she has been employed there for 8 years or more, says she has no title, and asked my daughter when she called "what do you want to tell me now?" Very rude, nasty and unprofessional. I did call choice to report this stay, and im hoping that Choice will make this right for not only my room but also my daughter and son in laws stay, as they had to keep repairing parts in our room instead of spending time on vacation. Good luck!

Room Tip: stay at clarion or rodeway inn for better service and cleaner rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Was very impressed with the friendly staff, cleanliness, and the location was perfect. The only thing that could have been better was the breakfast. We normally have breakfast out so this isn't something that is extremely important, but a few more choices and selections of food would have made it perfect. We will stay here again!

Room Tip: We had a room with 1 King size bed. I do prefer a separate vanity area, but this was within the bat...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed here with family for 3 nights

1. Excellent location -
No need to take the car out of Parking unless visting Pigeon Forge or Checking-out!

Space Needle, Sky lift, Ripleys Believe or Not - at door step. Ober, Aquarium is all within walking distance - my 4 year old never asked me to carry him once.

2. Breakfast menu was limited - waffles, wheat bread, glazed donuts, coffee and juice.
But Dunkin donuts is in 2 mins walking distance

3. Front desk was helpful - no hazzles when requested to change twin queen to a king bed room, helped with directions and suggestions for attractions

4. Room, though a bit small, was clean and the appliances (Fridge, MW and TV - we needed all 3) worked fine. Room Service (cleaning, etc.) were good - no complaints

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great location, walking distance to the Aquarium, Skylift, Ober Gatlinburg aerial tram and lots more. Room was big, average cleanliness. Breakfast was just cereal or glazed Krispy Kremes but at a motel you don't expect a whole lot more in fairness! On the bad side, the desk staff weren't overly helpful, the wifi is very patchy and there's no security for the back building - anyone who likes can take the elevator up to the rooms which I wasn't wild about. Overall though good value for the location!

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!