“It was ok for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 86 hotels in Gatlinburg
Dublin, Ireland
“It was ok for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed in the Gatlinburg Econo Lodge for a night during a road trip. The room was adequate although the interior was quite dated looking. The room was clean which was the main thing. There was a slight damp smell in the room when we first opened the door however once the Air Con had been running for a few minutes that disappeared. Location wise the motel is only a few minutes walk to the main street so is perfect. Parking was available at the motel and not a problem for us, but there were very few spaces and I imagine it must fill up very quickly at certain times of the year.

As breakfast goes, it was probably the worst of the trip however, still very nice but basic.. From what I remember the the choice was Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, bread and fruit juices. There was also a basket full packets of cranberries which were great so look out for them.

Overall the motel was ok for the price and very convenient for getting into Gatlinburg. Would consider staying again however I don't see myself visiting Gatlinburg again in the future so don't think it will be something I'll have to worry about,

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

203 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I don't normally stay in motels, but I knew we were in town for one night, so the cost was ok. the room was ok, the beds was comfortable, but nothing else special. When we arrived we couldn't tell where our rooms was, because the motel is seperated from some of the rooms. first we were in a parking lot of a buliding that looked like a sublet living buliding with strange people hanging out staring at us.(real creepy). So i called the office again and told them I can"t find our room and the attendant came out and help us to the right location, because if that was the building we at at first, I was checking back out and getting out of dodge smoke in the tailpipe and all!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Normally I am not a motel/Inn kind of girl but my boyfriend convinced me to stay here and I am glad we did. We only were in Gatlinburg one night and this place was great. I mean what you see is what you get but it was clean and really close to the main street. Only problem is we were awoken at 4 AM by the garbage pickup but not really their fault there. If you are traveling on a budget and want to stay close to the downtown area this is a great find!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Athens, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

I have stayed at Econo Lodges before, but this is the typical "tourist" trap of a hotel. They charged me almost $300 for two nights because it was same time as the christmas parade, so they felt they needed to make more money. We had no other choice as my daughter had a cheer competition the same weekend and it was the closest hotel to the venue.

Parking is horrible, you have only a handful of "up front" parking then you have to park a decent walks away, across the street. The rooms were small and had no WiFi and no dining area for the "Free Continental" breakfast that you had to take to your room to eat. The rooms were not all that well kept up as I assume they figured people could not go elsewhere. The hotel is really a $35 night hotel and not worth anything over $50 a night, I will rent a cabin next time or camp out in my tent before I pay their prices again.

Room Tip: Stay near the pool, it is closest to the main lobby and you might get lucky to park infront of the h...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

We had an upstairs room which was normal and looks clean but not good smelly, the heating in the hall was insufficient.The beds they said are queen,for me are smaller, However went i asked the person was working that night because i thought i was in the wrong room but he told me very rude that he can give me a full sheet to try and verify the size of the bed,he was not nice at all also i ask for water to drink he said you has to buy at the door! I had never been treated that way in any hotel was humilliating! Breakfast was so-so, only cereal and krispy kreme donuts. Stayed here two nights and had to ask for extra pilots, toilet paper and hair dryer . to much money for the quality of the hotel, Gatlinburg have other hotel with much better service and quality for less price, I stayed there for the convenience of the place (convention Center) and I reserved to late, was no room available other place.Great location only! it was the worst stay...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
BRISTOL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

Location was great just a short walk to the parkway and you are in the middle of all Gatlingurg's has to offer. Rooms were clean , bed comfortable, shower was hot. I think we found our place to stay in Gatlinburg. Will definitely stay here again. Thanks Econo Lodge

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

This property is older, but what isn't in Gatlinburg? They keep it clean and you can see they have kept up with it. Our room even had a fireplace, not many hotels can say that (although we never used).

They location is a perfect spot in Gatlinburg and fills up quick. 1 block from center of downtown which means only about 3/4 of a mile each way and you can walk the entire strip (We usually do one way one night and the other way the next night.

Room Tip: Get the two Queens or two Kings in the far back building for bigger rooms and better views with priv...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!