“My new favorite place to stay in Gatlinburg” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge at Buckberry Creek

and 1 more site!
You added The Lodge at Buckberry Creek to your Saves list
The Lodge at Buckberry Creek
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   961 Campbell Lead Road, PO Box 410, Gatlinburg, TN 37738   |
Ranked #1 of 88 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hoover, AL
“My new favorite place to stay in Gatlinburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2006

My wife and I booked a long weekend at Buckberry Creek Lodge after seeing an article about it in Southern Living Magazine. I didn't know anything about it other than what little their website says. What a pleasant surprise! It is a beautiful lodge in a great setting, with awesome views, spacious suites, excellent service, clean, and well maintained. A groundskeeper saw me unloading a suitcase from my car, ran over and offered to carry it to my room. With all there is to do in Gatlinburg, we chose to spend half a day simply relaxing at the creek side pavillion which is an easy 1/2 mile walk from the lodge. We stayed in a Gallery suite which had everything we could ask for including bath robes, fully stocked kitchen, whirlpool tub, complimentary coffee, tea, hot coacoa, sodas, and bottled water. The turn down service even left home-made cookies on the bed! The complimentary continental breakfast was also excellent with fresh baked breads, fresh fruit, fresh squeezed orange juice, coffe, hot tea, "real" granola cereals etc. It's my new favorite place to stay in Gatlinburg.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Southeast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2006

We stayed Sept 26 ish.

Positives:
The lodge was extremely rustic and VERY clean. The kitchenette was nice - full refrigerator, dishwasher, stove, oven, sink. Top of the line sinks, faucets, and toilets. The walls weren't paper thin. Comfortable decorating. Comfortable bed. Clean carpet. I would compare the cleanliness to the Ritz Carlton. The view was very nice also. I guess the entire facility is new because everything is in great working order.

Negatives:
I would also compare the price to the Ritz. $265 / night during peak for a one room basic suite. Geez. There are only 3 kinds of rooms and none of them had 2 bedrooms. The employees were a bit hoytee toytee. The checkout person refused to give me anything in writing regarding our bill. That REALLY bothered me. I didn't get a single piece of paper. She said, Expedia would send me something. That is not good customer service. The restuarant inside the main building runs about $30-40 per person for an entree. We didn't eat there but it seemed very nice.

Overall:
Very nice. I'm not cheap, I just don't think it was worth the price. It's Gatlinburg, not Aspen or Jackson Hole. Drop the price about $75 and you've got a good deal. Get over yourself and come off the price Buckberry.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2006

We spent a brief weekend at the Lodge with 2 suites and four children ranging from 3 to 9 years old. The kids were ready to move in! The staff at check in was both efficient and pleasant. It had been so long since I had seen an actual key for a hotel that I was startled at first!
We ordered room service from the on-site restaurant and were more than pleased with the results. In addition to a very reasonably priced children's menu, we enjoyed several entrees that were beautifully prepared.
Don't miss the opportunity to take a ride down to the the creek. The pavilion was beautiful and the kids were more than excited. One note - if you decide to hike back to the lodge, keep in mind that the 0.5 mile hike is essentially straight up hill. However, the phone at the gazebo also reaches the lodge for a return trip. Speaking of return trips - we will most certainly go back to the Lodge at Buckberry Creek.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2006

My husband and I stayed here for our first year anniversary. It met all of our expectations as a romantic, secluded getaway. The property is beautiful, and the owners and staff were very attentive to our needs. Don't miss the hike down to the pavilion. The scenery was spectacular. The staff packed us a lunch, and we spent the afternoon down by the creek relaxing. The Smoky Mountain National Park is not too far away, and there is plenty to do everyday. We avoided the crowds of Gatlinburg, and were able to unwind from our hectic routine of urban life. We ate at the Lodge twice and enjoyed the food very much. The chef even prepared us a special dessert for our anniversary. The rooms were very clean, spacious, and well decorated. We loved sitting out on the patio in the evening, and enjoying the mountain views. For those that want a rustic, outdoor camp experience with all of the Ritz Carlton amenities, this place is for you! Thanks to the owners and everyone at the Lodge for making our stay unforgettable!

• Liked — Friendly and attentive staff.
  • Disliked — You must drive a distance to get to other places.
  • Tips/Secrets — Get to know the staff, they are very helpful if you reach out to them.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Lodge at Buckberry Creek? Share your experiences!