The Lodge at Buckberry Creek is both elegant and laid back at the same time. You can actually spend your time in the mountains near the national park and skip Gatlinburg entirely if you want. They are right off the bypass between Pigeon Forge and the national park, so it is pretty easy to get to.
They have three types of rooms, all of which are nice. We find the middle choice to be just right, the basic lodge room is a little small and the big room is more than you need. The rooms have great walk in showers and a nice balcony. Any of the buildings except for #1 has great views, #1 looks at the trees.
The rooms are really nice, but the restaurant is the part that keeps us coming back. The deck outside is wonderful, with views toward Mt. LeConte and the Great Smoky Mountains. The food isn't inexpensive, but it is worth the splurge. You won't be disappointed, we've been going up here for years and have yet to have a bad meal. Breakfast on the deck is nice as you watch the mist rise over the mountains. The deck is covered so it really doesn't matter if the sun is out or if it is raining. We've had some of better meals out there on a rainy evening with the candles burning. Another nice aspect of the restaurant, you can get dressed up or go in your shorts, no one cares. Do what works for you, the staff treats everyone the same.
This is a great place for couples to go and get away for some quiet time. The folks who run the place are very accommodating and attentive. This is one of our favorite spots and you might want to give it a try. Don't let the crowds in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge keep you away, this is a wonderful oasis high up on the ridge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visiting our rustically, elegant lodge is like stepping back in time, yet with all the modern amenities. Pristine Smoky Mountain views are the focal point of most our 40 luxuriously, individually appointed suites. Each suite offers a fireplace, balcony, cable TV and DVD, queen sleeper sofa, full kitchen, and large bathroom with a whirlpool soaking tub. While staying at our mountain retreat you could easily spend your days enjoying our walking trails, napping in the hammock by Buckberry Creek and enjoying the delicious fare of our restaurant - and never need venture beyond our driveway. And if you are looking to explore our incredible natural surroundings - hiking, fishing, skiing, fine arts and crafts and scenic drives are just minutes away. We'll even pack you a lunch...If you are staying with us on business or just want to let others know about our Great Camp of the Smokies, we provide free WiFi throughout the Lodge. The Lodge at Buckberry Creek offers an unrivaled experience in the Smokies! Winter. Spring. Summer. Fall. Come see for yourself... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Lodge at Buckberry Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Buckberry Creek Hotel Gatlinburg
- Hotel At Buckberry Creek
- At Buckberry Creek Gatlinburg
- Lodge Buckberry Creek