“Good food...poor service.” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Kentucky
“Good food...poor service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

My husband and I tried the Pancake Pantry for the first time this summer. The food was good, but not exceptional as we had heard and the service was poor. Our server was an elderly lady and she acted as if she would rather be any where other than there. Not to mention that they do not accept credit cards, so take plenty of cash.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Mt Juliet, TN
“Best Breakfast in Gatlinburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

One of the few great places to eat in Gatlinburg. My favorite is the Sweet Potato Pancakes...they are the best!! Can't wait to go back this Fall and enjoy them! Excellent service, friendly staff, reasonable prices, menu variety and great food!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
missouri
“Don't waste your time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

This was my 3rd trip to Gatlinburg, first to the Pancake Pantry. I will not go back. Thought with the long lines it had to be good. We went later one morning when we saw there was no line. Very noisy to begin with. My husband wanted gravy, they don't even offer it. The hash browns were underdone and terrible. Waitress forgot to bring our toast, she found us at the register and took it off the bill. After she waited on us we never say her again. We were ready for the cash only, but I think that is bad business in a town that relies on tourist dollars.
Way to expensive for what we got. Pancakes were very ordinary. Got much better at two other places.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
palmtreesandsandals
“Great pancakes but not much else”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

My family ate at the Pancake Pantry on a recent trip to Gatlinburg as it was listed as one of the top ten restaurants. The pancakes were excellent as was the omlet. The negative is that the place is so busy that the staff was very unfriendly from the cashier to the hostess to the waitress. I had to ask for a coffee refill while being charged almost $50 for breakfast for a family of four. The waitress was too busy to check back to see if we needed anything else. The tables are so close together it felt like being in a sardine can. You can talk to people at all the surrounding tables as everything is so packed in so tightly. The restroom was small and not very clean and since it is located on the second floor, anyone in a wheelchair must go outside and down the street to find a public restroom. The interior did not feel very clean either. The tables and decor look like they have not been updated for thirty years. Although the pancakes are great, I will not return as there are so many other pancake places in Gatlinburg

UWM
“great pancakes, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

The Pancake Pantry was recommended to me by a co-worker who used to travel to Gatlinburg twice yearly. It was all she had said and then some. The service was superb, the prices reasonable and the food wonderful! We were traveling with three generations, and everyone was most pleased with their food. I had the sweet potato pancakes, and I'm still craving them!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere