“I have dreams about the Pancake Pantry!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
East Lansing, Michigan
“I have dreams about the Pancake Pantry!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

And thank you very much for ruining every single crepe I've eaten since! NOTHING compares to the deliciousness of the Pancake Pantry's crepes, and according to my brother and husband, the same goes for their "crack cakes," which apparently are equally addictive. I've had both the wildberry crepes and the apricot lemon crepes and both were heavenly. My daughter loved her cherry crepes as well. I don't know what they do to make these so much better than any I've had before or since, but I'm sure it's not good for the waistline :) Since it's vacation though and we're hiking the smokies, I don't really give it a second thought.

So the reason for 4 stars instead of 5?

1.) Cash only
2.) Very busy and can be long waits
3.) The waitresses and atmosphere were not as pleasant as those at Log Cabin pancake house, but if you're going for taste, the Pancake Pantry definitely takes the cake!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Reeves, LA
“Make sure you have cash”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The pancakes were very good. Our waitress was busy, but friendly. But beware that each person gets a bill and they don't take credit cards or debit cards. They have an atm machine right next to cashier if you want to pay the fees.

Visited September 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Still Top Dog in Gatlinburg.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Pancakes, service and coffee all good. Some have complained of the prices but if you want cheaper just go to Shoney's or McDonalds, both right down the street from here. I prefer to eat where the food is fresh,service second to none and cleanliness and ambiance of the restaurant well above par.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Myers, Florida
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Fluffiest pancakes in town. Bacon and sausage were perfect. Jeri our server was excellent. Went several times this trip. Wish they had biscuits and gravy,

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, OH
“Great Pancakes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is one of my favorite pancake restaurants in the area. The food is always so good. The pancakes are light and fluffy. They offer many different types of pancakes here. My friend ordered bacon and eggs, which were also good. I wish they had biscuits but only have toast. The service was also good. I would recommend this restaurant to one and all. I do not think anyone would be disappointed.

Visited September 2013